It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Size? It is a dimension?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Thats a really good question. Thanks for the illumination. Context in the matter of size. Things to ponder. Love it!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: kloejen

Size is based on perception, think about the size of your two visual receivers of all vision, your pupils, all that you see and perceive is based solely upon human perception or some device fashioned after human vision and perception, your brains ability to reckon and process what come into the field of view or visual perception, if you want to only keep this discussion on the human level of perception, everything is scaled in proportion to that perception.

Lets think for a minute on the strictly physical level of perception.
Antares or Betelgeuse we are told are many magnitudes in size larger in relation to the earth, at such a magnitude if one were to think of these bodies having life in proportion to that mass earth and humans would be invisible or close to microscopic in comparison to any life that could have possibly had genesis on those bodies, giant or extremely humongous beings.

I think size is a production of the visible material level of perception, if you ask me what really matters are dimensions, we live in 2 to the 3rd, or 8 vertices of physical perception, if one thinks that 2 extra dimensions adding 24 more, and they are not visible or perceivable at our current phase locked physical dimension, there are things that we cannot know, will not perceive or will never see.

So does size matter ? well if you live in relation to physical mass where objects vary in size, yes it does only to an extent though, think of the invisible hazards that we cannot see, certain cosmic rays, things teetering between wave and particle composition, radiation, viruses and other physical organisms composed of matter, they can cause the alteration and eventual death of any physical mass or living being that might be infected or come into contact with these small next to invisible physical particles regardless of their own superior physical mass or makeup of atoms.
edit on 16-12-2014 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian

So does size matter ? well if you live in relation to physical mass where objects vary in size, yes it does only to an extent though, think of the invisible hazards that we cannot see, certain cosmic rays, things teetering between wave and particle composition, radiation, viruses and other physical organisms composed of matter, they can cause the alteration and eventual death of any physical mass or living being that might be infected or come into contact with these small next to invisible physical particles regardless of their own superior physical mass or makeup of atoms.

Hmm, so swatting a fly on my right arm is gonna kill the fly, and several cells in my arm beneath it upon impact, is gonna die too, and the surrounding cells are going to cope with gravitational wave impact of meself hitting meself. Oh and the fly... billions of cells killed in a second. Is that the nature of life at the microscopic plane? how long is a second if you are as small as a bacteria.. love the way this thread takes

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Right, but see you introduced time, that is an entirely different thread, because as far as I know, no one really knows what time is or precisely when it begin or ends so time itself is non existent, at best we have a time reference, but time, no, those seconds or milliseconds, they don't matter, TTL on a cell or small mass body of a fly, probably won't matter, no pun, but you just transformed a whole helluva lot of energy into another dimension, another form, you think you killed that fly! but hey that really is only based on your own perception, especially if the fly is dead , he has no say in the matter, again no pun.....
edit on 16-12-2014 by phinubian because: addding info

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: phinubian

There is the catch. You cannot destroy or make matter/energy, you can only convert it into another form. The law of preservation and entropy.
According to Einstein, time only ticks slower at the presence of matter/gravitaion. Look up the GPS correlation. So how fast is time in absulute non-space, in the absence of any gravity ? Can light move faster (according to matter?)?

What was the speed of time before the big bang? (all matter in one place)

So time is defined by the observer? If you are galaxy huge, the time would be at a different flow than the microscopic, humanwise...

How would the light look to the galaxy huge?
edit on 16/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

edit on 16/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's called scalar-time. In that long video (about 4 hours 20 minutes) called "The Healing Begins Now" someone who called himself "Johnathan Adampants" talks about this.

A fruit fly's life (small insect) seems normal to himself (or herself) but to a human their life is quick.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"Time is an Illusion." The only existence any of us has ever known is Now. To quote a wise old turtle, "Yesterday is history, and tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why it is called the present." If i understand the 4th dimension at all. And I don't. You must think in terms of Duration. Donnie Darko Status.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

That's pretty much what I said if your read it, I thought it was the the law of conservation of energy ,
"but you just transformed a whole helluva lot of energy into another dimension, another form"
Anyhow, good thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Time is order man, there are so many holes in the only time is now crap its unbelievable that people are still retorting this idea without fully understanding its implications.
edit on 12/17/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
When I was about 16 in my first art job, in the late 1980's, making window sets, painting flat kappa board with oil pastels to look 3D saxophones, my mind meandered into such concepts of dimensions. I was also reading Buddhism books at the time and the Bhagavad Gita, which also reflects on dimensions.

It was a sort of epiphany moment, a flash of enlightenment per se, in such that I felt something intrinsic about the nature of reality had been revealed to me.

That flash of enlightenment included scale, I looked at the plant on a table and considered how the microorganisms and mitochondria were all there but not visible to the naked human eye, having studied such things, I related it to scale but the enlightened revelation related that which is unseen in a similar way, in that the statistics are that there is a very high chance of similar scale/ dimensional realities that humanity is as yet unaware.

This fueled my quest for studying Quantum mechanics and further religions to see if these also revealed universal realities.

Essentially, I believe scale might not BE a dimension but is relative to dimensions.
edit on 17-12-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Size is the marriage of three dimensions. Length - 1 Width - 2 Height - 3

I probably should've read the whole thread before chiming in, but who's got that kind of time anymore.
edit on 12/17/2014 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Context.

So does context matter?

i think this is one of the fundamental flaws of modern science. Well have to start from scratch eventually.

Context is all that matters.

Relative Context defines the relationship that "it" has with everything else that exists.

Internal (historical) Context defines the relationship that "it" has with everything that existed at some point in the past.

Between the two, "it" is precisely defined as an existent something. This is how Identity is achieved and sustained. Without Identity, existence is impossible.

So, Context matters. In fact, Context is king. Context, in fact, is all that matters, when all is said and done.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

So you have spent substantial periods of time outside of Now? Wow that's actually very impressive. I'm not saying it's impossible for other times to exist, or for powerful highly evolved aliens to have found a way to splice time and serve it like a pizza pie.... All i am saying is we, as humans on this planet, have never existed in any moment but now. Did you really exist yesterday? Only in electrical impulses in your head. We call those memories and they are highly biased based off of the observer. In this reality we only know how to be in present. The rest is a facade, in my humble opinion.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Maths / geometry is a model we use ... Though this is based on a constant or law ...
The sciences and Arts use Intelligence as a measure ... The Universe is Intelligent and more than often will comply to a set of rules ... But this is not always the case ...

A law is fixed thing ... The Universe is mutable ... For example ... energy is slowed down when moving through denser matter ... the distribution of matter throughout the Universe is uneven and therefore does not follow a set rule

<< 1   >>

join