It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking My ( mostly ) Silence on Religion - 141 Dead, Mostly Kids?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hi ATS.

Another emotionally reactive and charged thread here. I realize that somebody will come along and say that it's stupid to post from emotion. To them I preemptively say "Emotional reaction is part of the human condition and expressing it is not only valid, but crucial to understanding one another:.

Perusing Yahoo news I came across the story many are already aware of. Extremists, bombs, and a lot of dead kids. KIDS.

Suicidal zealots and cowards in explosive vests killing KIDS.

This is NOT a "bash Islam" thread. I have great respect for all religions and the right of every single person alive to choose what they wish to believe regarding the afterlife, God, and so forth.

But I say the following withour remorse or exception: IF YOU THINK THAT SERVING YOUR GOD INVOLVES MURDERING CHILDREN THEN YOU ARE NOT SERVING ANY GOD AT ALL AND HAVE BEEN MISLED.

Please do not twist my words to suggest I am saying Allah is not God. I'm not here to discuss my religious beliefs nor anyone elses. I am here to address zealotry and atrocities committed in the name of God - in total contradiction to the teachings of God - regardless of belief.

Am I sick to death of a neverending bombing war that America has no business being involved in? Absolutely. I am disgusted that some in power tend to refer to this as Gods work? ABSOLUTELY. So please do not jump in with all the "The US started it crap". Instead open a browser and search "The Crusades" - education is fun. It's been going on, off but mostly on for a very long time and it's beyond the pale now. We've reverted to the sorts of atrocities that have rarely been seen for a thousand years or more.

It absolutely pisses me off to see cowards killing innocents. There are zealots and fantatics in every religion. But these suicide bombers? They are a whole 'nother animal altogether. They are cowards, beneath contempt and far outside the sight of God - no matter what name you call him by.

In my opinion the zealots teaching this extremist and perverted version of Islam - the Imams supporting it should be summarily shot along with their followers. Their very existence paints their peaceful brothers, worldwide, in a light that they do not deserve to be colored with.

It's time this madness stops. Saudi Arabia - I'm talking to you. Stop providing safe haven for the zealots. Stop supporting them. STOP YOUR DAMNED JIHAD.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh Christ you know something, I'm a Christian and I wouldn't harm kids. I wouldn't become violent over my beliefs. And no outrage over what's happening over there... The Crusades ended years ago. The slaughter in the ME's been going on for years and it's not Christians.

They're cowards, agreed. How they can even comprehend facing their god and expecting paradise is beyond me. Paradise won't be found if you murder others...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It is quite normal to be disgusted, angry, and grieved at atrocities committed, no matter who commits them, or why. If we're still human inside, that is. In this particular case, however, I must say I don't see a lot of difference between these zealots, and the zealots who let their children die right here in America because their "faith" does not allow them to utilize medical services. We claim to be more civilized, and socially advanced, yet I wonder in some cases, if that's really true.
edit on 12/16/2014 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
I am here to address zealotry and atrocities committed in the name of God - in total contradiction to the teachings of God - regardless of belief.

These atrocities are no better or worse having been committed in the name of God. If God was not a part of it, they would still be just as hideous and sad... But I know what you mean.

Unfortunately, this is a human condition. Belief so strong that one kills another for believing differently. A zealot, for certain, but the horror is no more horrendous because they are in the name of God.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sadly this massacre was created because this offshoot of the Taliban literally does not want children taught modern methods. According to some reports anyone under the age of 10 was safe. I guess anyone older than 10 begins learning more modern methods. This offshoot wants to bring Pakistan to the time of Mohammed. This was also revenge against the Pakistan military for some operation some time ago. They claim some of their women and children were injured, so this was in retaliation for that, that the Pakistan Army may feel their pain. (Their words, not mine.)

As someone once said, an eye for an eye, only makes the whole world blind.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

To tell you the truth neither do I. Though there is a difference between beheading a kid and denying antibiotics while praying over them, it's still a life. In my eyes the kid in the ME and the kid dying from an ailment here due to certain beliefs are both the victims of fanatics. It's in all religions and it's a human problem, not exclusive to faith, though I won't deny religious fanatics are more prevalent.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Isis beheads 4 Christian children in Iraq for refusing to convert to Islam claims 'Vicar of Baghdad'

Text

He then detailed how the four young Christians boys were killed by the terror group.

"Islamic State turned up and said to the children, you say the words that you will follow Mohammed," White said.

"The children, all under 15, four of them, said no, we love Yesua, we have always loved Yesua, we have always followed Yesua, Yesua has always been with us.

"They said: 'Say the words.' They said: 'No, we can't.' They chopped all their heads off. How do you respond to that? You just cry."

Link

Convert or die, they want subhuman infidels to bow to their God, then become their slaves. That this abomination exists in the 21st century speaks to how far man has failed to progress. Mankind can stamp out Polio, why is this allowed to persist?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What a lot of people don't seem to grasp is that this attack was a retaliation on the Military's children for political & educational purposes.

It's got sod all to do with religion.

If they had killed these children for not converting to their twisted ideology I'd be the first to say it's religious.

A lot of people do not understand the Taliban is all about politics, not so much about religion.

RIP Angels.
edit on 16-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What a lot of people don't seem to grasp is that this attack was a retaliation on the Military's children for political & educational purposes.

It's got sod all to do with religion.

If they had killed these children for not converting to their twisted ideology is be the first to say it's religious.

A lot of people do not understand the Taliban is all about politics, not so much about religion.

RIP Angels.

What other religion pays for suicidal vest wearing fanatics and even rewards their families? What other religion provides the incentives of all those heavenly virgins and edicts that killing is a ticket to paradise?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The only trouble with that is their "God" is Shaytan...
And well over a billion Muslims past & present would testify to that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Islam doesn't provide Virgins for no one.

I shouldn't even be responding to such a myth, but you strike me as someone willing to learn...
Even if you are harsh in your criticism of my Faith.

Salam Alaykum.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It is a sad state of affairs when nothing that these fanatics do even surprises me anymore. There should be an automatic death sentence for membership in these organisations- not that it would bother these psychopaths.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

But I say the following withour remorse or exception: IF YOU THINK THAT SERVING YOUR GOD INVOLVES MURDERING CHILDREN THEN YOU ARE NOT SERVING ANY GOD AT ALL AND HAVE BEEN MISLED.

They're certainly not serving God, but Satan himself. No doubt about it, this is a twisted religion disguised to spread hatred and pure evil around the world. If they continue on their course to spread violence and suicide shooters around the world, it won't be long until all these countries will join in and pound these insane radicals into the dirt. Eliminating every last one of them.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Because Muslim culture is dictated by an extreme and bellicose interpretation of the Quran, male suicide bombers are promised a prominent place in heaven and eternal paradise with 72 virgins at their disposable, while women are promised "eternal virginity", the ability to marry a Shaheed in heaven and to see the face of Allah and the prophet Mohammed, says Dr. Berko

Link

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

A wall of text full of nonsense...

You know why he didn't give you a chapter of the Quran to substantiate his claims?

Because the Quran says nothing about Virgins for martyrs.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Well said Heff. It's too bad your message is already lost to irrational hatred.
Children shouldn't suffer for the delusions of adults.

Utterly horrible.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

A wall of text full of nonsense...

You know why he didn't give you a chapter of the Quran to substantiate his claims?

Because the Quran says nothing about Virgins for martyrs.

Does it matter either way when most of these brainwashed religious fanatics are too illiterate to ever find out for themselves and have crazed Immans, ayatollahs and so called muslim scholars telling them so, in the name of Islam? Then the religion gives the dead effigy of the body a parade and hands the family a check straight from Muslim collected funds? Where is this enormous support apparatus coming from that pumps out the suicide bombers?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I think it matters quite a bit.
Just wanted you to understand that it's not an Islamic tenet to acquire Virgins...

But I can't disagree with everything else you said.
The "leaders" in the Islamic community do propagate such disgusting behaviour and lie to justify it.

I wish I knew where the support came from.

My guess would be Saudi Arabia, pal.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
As long as people continue to follow the primitive .. barbaric.. bloodthirsty abrahamic religions the slaughter will continue .. to condone death especially the deaths of children the abrahamic god is a devil ..

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think it matters quite a bit.
Just wanted you to understand that it's not an Islamic tenet to acquire Virgins...

But I can't disagree with everything else you said.
The "leaders" in the Islamic community do propagate such disgusting behaviour and lie to justify it.

I wish I knew where the support came from.

My guess would be Saudi Arabia, pal.

Wanting to blame just one when Shia Hezbollah produce suicide bombers as well. Now Sunni's are getting in on the act and yes the Wahabi Saudis funds go to terror too. You see all sects do it, so why blame just one? Isn't it obvious to blame them all? What about Turkey? Iran? Pakistan? Why even name countries anymore, the only thing in common is Islam as they fight to dominate it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join