It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

over 4,500 simultaneous attacks - Is there a massive cyber-offensive against the US at 1220 today?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
why mainly Seattle and St. Louis?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
North Korea has promised a massive cyber attack to come, North Korea and China are bedfellows. Kim really has his panties in a wad over the comedy movie. China may be taking advantage of his crazed mindset, be really thinks he is a God and above satire and won't tolerate it. China may be assisting him to their advantage in overtaking the US, as is their long term goal of overtaking the US economy. Of course, they aren't far from it and a really bad cyber attack could be the last straw since the US government has so weakened the US economy.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AreUKiddingMe
a reply to: incoserv

Are you sure this isn't cumulative, as opposed to instant stats?

yep it's cumulative from when you start viewing, I just looked at the site myself.

Hmm, yeah, it's cumulative. Thanks. I reloaded the page and reset. Thanks. Duh.

Buy, still, that's over 19,000 attacks in the last 45 minutes. Again, I wonder how out of the ordinary that is.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Why didn't Sony make a film about Obama being assasinated for his Drone Policy instead?

The only people Kim has killed are treasonous traitors...
Obama has killed children and pregnant women...

Kim has every right to be pissed off about such a stupid film.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Why didn't Sony make a film about Obama being assasinated for his Drone Policy instead?

'

there are already millions of jokes/satires/skits/critical this and that, about obama.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

That's funny.

All leaders must expect to be satirized.

Even Obama is satirized in the US. Just watch Saturday Night Live.

A true leader expects to be satirized and is not offended by what is a normal part of being a leader.

That is a true leader who is sane and rational and holds real leadership skills.

Kim simply inherited the position and has zero leadership skills, as is seen in the economy, starvation, and extreme repression of his people. He has also been convinced he is a God to be worshiped, that is a form of mental illness, in no way is Kim a real leader. That is why he can't take satire the way real leaders can.

edit on 1Tue, 16 Dec 2014 13:27:23 -0600pm121612pmk162 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
this was humor aimed at the bush administration

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm sure JFK, Reagan & Lincoln would appreciate the "satire" of assasination.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

aye that is indeed in poor taste and is a political hot potato. i'm not sure why they did it

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Do you think leaders are sacrosanct?

You seen to think that leaders are ordained and not to be questioned or satirized and revered as some sort of saint. What a strange position to take.

Anyway, Kim and China may well be working together to finish off the job of destroying the US economy that the US government itself has started in recent years.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

No grandma, I don't believe that.

I do however believe our Western leaders would not appreciate a North Korean film depicting an assassination attempt on one of them, & would be up in arms about how it would be disgusting propaganda from the DPRK.

I don't think any leader is a Saint, including Kim.

But I do think as people with Families & feelings there should be limits to the agenda.
They should keep it in the political arena. imo.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Wow,they are really going after St.Louis for some reason. I didn't know we had that many incoming attacks here.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

aye that is indeed in poor taste and is a political hot potato. i'm not sure why they did it

Because the disgusting way North Korea is controlled makes everyone in the world hate Kim Jong Un just as much as his father?

He's really a parody of himself which is what makes him such an easy target.

edit on 12/16/2014 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

You're right, the "attack" numbers are cumulative, starting from the moment you load the map.

As for what's going on, it's been like this since last Friday evening at least. I've had an eye on it and it's been relentless. All weekend 24/7 and into this week, it's been averaging around 20,000 attacks/hour against US-based targets. And quite often you can see some evidence of coordination in the way very large groups of attacks of the same type launch all at once against single targets, suggesting some pretty significant botnets are being employed.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Aside from the large number of attacks, the massive simultaneous attacks were one of the things that caught my attention. There were a few that were just incredibly massive explosions of attacks all at once. I thought the same thing: must be a humongous botnet involved here.

Thanks for your input.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join