It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush to 'actively explore' 2016 presidential bid

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BushMaster16

Well I can see your a Bush supporter by the name. Lmao

First off, I didn't even mention Obama mainly cause I can't stand the guy. Second, Jeb Bush is a bum. Politicians as a whole are a bunch of corrupt money hungry slaves to the corporations. Didn't you learn from Bush Sr. or Jr. Bush Jr. couldn't even read off of a teleprompter! Jeb couldn't have fallen far from the tree. Maybe you should watch a presidential campaign and hear out all their promises. Then see what they actually come through with when elected. If I told you the grass is purple, would you believe me?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: Indigo5

Sorry for my cynicism but it doesnt even matter who you vote for.

Here is the painful truth...Voting DOES matter, it is just that the majority of voters stick with the choices that are propped up by TPTB and $$.

Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, Ron Paul...etc. proved you can scare the machine.

"Our" votes matter...even when our guys don't win, it effs up the paradigm. Even if it only pulls enough of the vote away from the Dems or the GOPs choice to frustrate the outcome of who wins amongst the predetermined choices...aka pulls enough votes away to 3rd party to tip it toward GOP or Dem...it forces those parties to figure out a way to appeal to those voters they are losing.

Voting is important even if our guy loses IMO. It is an all out battle, not a duel, and every shot fired counts.

edit on 17-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Prez Jeb.

Does Cheney have a brother?

No, but he has been replacing his organs one by one to become immortal. Expect him to run in 2020.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

I think rioting would be a mild reply to what they have done.
What should be I'm not even allowed to post.
Government of the people, by the people, for the people is long gone.
We're just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Here is the painful truth...Voting DOES matter, it is just that the majority of voters stick with the choices that are propped up by TPTB and $$.

"Our" votes matter...even when our guys don't win, it effs up the paradigm. Even if it only pulls enough of the vote away from the Dems or the GOPs choice to frustrate the outcome of who wins amongst the predetermined choices...aka pulls enough votes away to 3rd party to tip it toward GOP or Dem...it forces those parties to figure out a way to appeal to those voters they are losing.

Voting is important even if our guy loses IMO. It is an all out battle, not a duel, and every shot fired counts.

Rand Paul will provide the scare, if he makes it that far, to the Dems this year. He has the chance to be nominated Rep. AND Libertarian candidate in '16.

"Libertarians May Co-Nominate Rand Paul in 2016
Members of the large third party brace for a fight"
www.usnews.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Rand Paul will provide the scare, if he makes it that far, to the Dems this year. He has the chance to be nominated Rep. AND Libertarian candidate in '16.

"Libertarians May Co-Nominate Rand Paul in 2016
Members of the large third party brace for a fight"
www.usnews.com...

Rand Paul is ambitious and would kick his father to the ground on the senate floor if he thought it would help him get in the Whitehouse.

He is not scary...he is an idiot and the opposite of new thinking. No one is worried he will get nominated.

I cited RON Paul, Ralph Nader and Ross Perot as examples, because whatever your politics, they are relatively honest men and believe what they say.

Rand Paul says whatever he thinks will gain him popularity.

If there is going to ever be a 3rd party threat, it has to be from someone who can be believed by the American people.

edit on 17-12-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Looks like the Bush family is at it again. Wanting to fleece the tax payer for more millions. Haven't people had enough?

Hillary Clinton was once considered a moderate. Not sure now, haven't been following her political career.

The USA is long overdo for an independent or libertarian winning the election.
edit on 17-12-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

LINK: www.cnn.com...

"As a result of these conversations and thoughtful consideration of the kind of strong leadership I think America needs, I have decided to actively explore the possibility of running for President of the United States," he said.

Apart from his obvious heritage, both a son and brother to former Presidents...

What do we know about his history and political stances?

ATS members are typically more informed than the average voter, so let's figure out what we know and offer some opinions?

Just a few items to start it off...Obviously much more to examine in history and policy.

Born: February 11, 1953 in Midland Texas. 2nd Son to Pres. G.H.W. Bush and younger Brother to Pres. G. W. Bush.
Graduate of University of Texas, Degree in Latin American Affairs
Before Politics, he worked for Texas Commerce Bank (Founded by James Baker's family - Pres. Reagans Chief of Staff)
He spent time in Venezuela opening a bank for the firm.
After that moved to Miami and worked for a Cuban Real Estate Mogul, Armando Codina.

Well for starters...

1. I know the Bush name and their incredibly long history in American politics...some of it was ok and some of it was terrible IMVHO
2. He's an Aquarius...so is my husband, I love Aquarius men...to willing to comprise IMO
3. The son/brother of either Pres Bush's serves him no better IMVH
4. Could careless about his degrees, foreign or domestic studies
5. Really dislike the fact that he has banking experience locally or national
6. I think Venezuela banking relations could hurt him
7. I like the Cuban business experience, but it would have no impact on my vote

To sum it all up, I have a "wait and see" approach.
edit on 12/17/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
And the American Bush / Clinton Monarchy continues. The Herds will swallow it all too. ~$heopleNation
edit on 18-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Well, setting aside (for a moment) how I feel about GHWB and GWB, I did a little research on his past a year or two ago (because it just made sense that he would probably run). He actually seems competent, believe it or not. Not that I actually trust him. But compared to W, he almost appears to be a moderate.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonesomerimbaud

This Bush/Clinton monopoly on the Presidency is not democratically healthy.

Analyse this: Out of the hundreds of millions of U.S citizens what are the chances of 3 members of the same family achieving high office without there being a form of monopoly at work?

Some people have told me it is only because the Bushes and Clintons are wealthy enough to afford the costs of running. If that is so then this is again an affront on democracy.

It is not healthy chaps and chapesses. I wish policy was a determining factor, but it isn't.

I think your whole voting system for president is democratically unhealthy. People do not vote for a president they vote for people who vote for the president in an "electoral college". This system means that the president of the US is decided by a handful of states. eg Ohio. The system is convoluted and undemocratic. The system should be that every vote counts and the candidate with the most votes becomes the president.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I don't see how Jeb will survive the disaster that was the 2000 election in Florida on a national level.

To cater to Latino voters he will have to tell them what they wanna hear and this will inflame conservatives that see a invasion on our border.

Remember if your running as a Republican you must cater to the extreme right vs Democrats catering to the middle.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
For the life of me, I can't see any right mined conservative voting for him. If he would get nominated, I see many conservatives sitting out as they did for romney. Reading my local paper, Santorum announced he is running.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Don't know much about him, had enough bushes though. So, no thanks. Had enough Clinton's too.

Yes but in the land of the free anyone can become the president but who cares when they are just PR puppets for Zionist bankers and mega big corporations.

Are you voting for the farmer or his wife ?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I think rioting would be a mild reply to what they have done.

Yes and i would like to filling in a few dots for you but i m sure i would be deemed to be a terrorists and this is why you all need to give up your freedoms and privacy to protect you all from people like me.

Watch this and see just what else our leaders are doing to our children and what happens to people who point them out

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I thought Jeb might stand a chance til this was resurrected:

thinkprogress.org...

Remember Terri Schiavo? Her husband is speaking out against Jeb Bush. From the article:

"He also recalled that after Schiavo’s death, Jeb Bush went after Michael Schiavo personally, asking the state’s attorney to investigate whether he had called 911 fast enough. “It was very odd, almost like a personal vendetta the governor had towards Michael Schaivo.” The state’s attorney found no evidence against him and closed the case. “The propriety of using your office to hunt and harass people, as the governor did to Mr. Schiavo after his wife’s death, I think raises significant questions about his judgment and his character,” Felos said." Indeed.
edit on 18-12-2014 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If Bush 3 runs it will be a done deal for the Democrats...Democrats will vote for Bush in the Republican primaries so that he will win the primary...There aren't enough Republicans who would vote for another Bush under any circumstances so it's an automatic win for the Democrats...

They know this in Washington...If the Republicans in Washington force Bush on us it's because they want to lose...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join