It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold war officially restarted in congress. In one second, with no debate.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What is it exactly that I'm supposed to see that you do not? I see all the same evidence that you do, I simply come to a different conclusion. That you think it's an ignorant conclusion is sadly something I cannot control. You are allowed to believe what you want to believe, just as I am free to do the same.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Latvia doesn't belong to Russia, so those vehicles aren't invading Russia.

YaDuh, they're still on the train.

So, this isn't evidence of an invasion of Russia. Why do you post it as such?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Napolean and Hitler are dead, and Putin wasn't alive when either of those two figures were.

Who said anything about conquering anyone? I'm quite uncertain about the point you are trying to make, here, as well as how it pertains to my comment.
edit on 16-12-2014 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I never said the train was "invading Russia". I "showed" a train full of US Military heavy war machines, heading east, three hundred Km from the Russian border.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I never said the train was "invading Russia". I "showed" a train full of US Military heavy war machines, heading east, three hundred Km from the Russian border.

Just as long as we're on the same page then. Nobody is invading Russia. Gotcha.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm quite uncertain about the point you are trying to make, here, as well as how it pertains to my comment.

The point of the thread is 'where is the debate about pushing for war in congress'. Given the (huh, what) clowning going on here I don't doubt it at all.

This country is run and peopled by adult children.

Napolean and Hitler are dead,

Perfect denial. Good luck three-peating history.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I care not if you think I'm "clueless" or "hopeless". Facts are facts. The west/russia worked together for over two decades, and it all came crashing down the moment Putin put Russian boots in Crimea.

You do know those Russian boots have been in Crimea for many,many years, so exactly how far back are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Cold War Cold War Cold War. I can say things over and over again too!

It's hilarious how you want to talk about me "insulting" people then turn around and talk about my intelligence, what I've read, my grasp of what I've read, and my grasp of history in general. Hysterical, really. Hi pot, I'm kettle!

I'm ever so sorry for not being a Russophile, and for understanding the definition of "Cold War" and trying to correct the ignorant statement that there is "no such thing" as cold war.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I care not if you think I'm "clueless" or "hopeless". Facts are facts. The west/russia worked together for over two decades, and it all came crashing down the moment Putin put Russian boots in Crimea.

You do know those Russian boots have been in Crimea for many,many years, so exactly how far back are you talking about?
Yes, there has always been a Russian military presence in Crimea because it contains various aviation and infrastructure locations for it's black sea fleet. Putin moved MORE troops into Crimea to secure it after the uprising, that is what I'm referring to.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Anyhow if you read the link in the OP about these new sanctions:
www.truthdig.com...

1. Sanctions of Russia’s energy industry, including Rosoboronexport and Gazprom.

2. Sanctions of Russia’s defense industry, with respect to arms sales to Syria.

3. Broad sanctions on Russians’ banking and investments.

4. Provisions for privatization of Ukrainian infrastructure, electricity, oil, gas and renewables, with the help of the World Bank and USAID.

5. Fifty million dollars to assist in a corporate takeover of Ukraine’s oil and gas sectors.

6. Three hundred and fifty million dollars for military assistance to Ukraine, including anti-tank, anti-armor, optical, and guidance and control equipment, as well as drones.

7. Thirty million dollars for an intensive radio, television and Internet propaganda campaign throughout the countries of the former Soviet Union.

8. Twenty million dollars for “democratic organizing” in Ukraine.

9. Sixty million dollars, spent through groups like the National Endowment for Democracy, “to improve democratic governance, and transparency, accountability [and] rule of law” in Russia. What brilliant hyperbole to pass such a provision the same week the Senate’s CIA torture report was released.

10. An unverified declaration that Russia has violated the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, is a nuclear “threat to the United States” and should be held “accountable.”

11. A path for the U.S. withdrawal from the INF Treaty, which went into force in 1988. The implications of this are immense. An entire series of arms agreements are at risk of unraveling. It may not be long before NATO pushes its newest client state, Ukraine, to abrogate the Non-Proliferation Treaty, which Ukraine signed when it gave up its nuclear weapons, and establish a renewed nuclear missile capability, 300 miles from Moscow.

12. A demand that Russia verifiably dismantle “any ground launched cruise missiles or ballistic missiles with a range of between 500 and 5,500 kilometers ...”—i.e., 300 and 3,300 miles.

If the above is just ok and justified...

Sanctions = basicly war.

If Russia crashes economically because of this economical warfare, yea that will make the world a safer place for sure!
With Putin I don't know, but at least start worrying there might be a change Russia going for an all nuclear attack (ok sure sounds unlikely but you should not test it out so to speak.

If not then at least the relations between Russia and the USA is really really bad (forever?) and perhaps other country's (which are already doing so) will try to completely distance themselves as much as possible from the US.

Europe should have sided with Russia instead of the USA IMO but Europe is deep in her ''behind''.
All this hurts Europe as well no only Russia, for the US they don't feel themself any pain, what they do is always far from ''their bed'' and always for their own interest.
Europe banks bought fake products from US banks, causing an economical crisis here and now sanctions against Russia (sanctions are always US idea to solve things but it never solves anything!, only making things worse!) so now Europe fragile economy is even more fragile.
Europe banks also got many many billions in Russia which could start a new crisis in Europe.

The middle east in total chaos, millions of deaths, more terrorists then ever. Nothing good came from those invasions. Would be wiser that other country's distance themself from the US IMO.

edit on 16-12-2014 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm ever so sorry…

I doubt that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

I'm ever so sorry…

I doubt that.

I'm sorry you doubt that.

Though I am utterly confused as to how some people take dissenting opinions and spirited debate as an insult. Really.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Are you a loon, or what? Why are you so confrontational when it is unwarranted?

Talk about unnecessary aggression...I've read your other responses. You are not worth my time continuing to discuss this issue. It appears I'm not the only person you intend to alienate on this thread, either.

Hopefully you'll mature to the point one day that you can have civil discussion with those with whom you disagree. I, though, will prefer to talk to my 11-year-old concerning issues like this, because at least he has respect for others, doesn't insult at every possible step, and can actually combine pieces of a puzzle to create the actual picture, instead of forcing them into an order that only makes sense to him, then claims it's correct.

Best Regards.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Putin moved MORE troops into Crimea to secure it after the uprising, that is what I'm referring to.

No, you said…

it all came crashing down the moment Putin put Russian boots in Crimea.

(my emphasis)
Nice switch.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You're twisting my words. Anyone with an inkling of intelligence would know what I mean.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

If one runs everybody else off, one wins by default. Hadn't you heard?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Representative Democracy

Many people think a "Democracy" is just a Collective Dictatorship.

The Western Banks don't have any control over Russia.

We are seeing another economic war.

Western Nations are all deep in debt. Russia not so much.

They are attempting to cripple Russia with the oil price drop.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Actually what you showed is a train with light vehicles, transport vehicles, an ambulance or two, and a handful of medium armored vehicles. Oh and some tankers and flat beds.

You know, if we want to be totally accurate and such

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Plugin

Sanctions are war preparations and give away the intent. They used to call it a siege. Surrounding and cutting off a city or states supply of money and resources to "crash" them into submission. The first stage leading to war. Just like al the other countries the US invaded, first came the sanctions.

"Factories for war" aren't making weapons and sending them all around the world to rust, either.

Lo grade mind melds going on here today. "Those aren't tanks on that train heading towards Russia, go about your business. Move along."

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Are you a loon, or what? Why are you so confrontational when it is unwarranted?

You appear to be the one insulted.

All I said is "people". Taking it a bit personal are we?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join