It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Brings Scientists & Theologians Together To Prepare World For Extraterrestrial Contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Sharing...& possibly "forcing" religion or a religious practice on another is historically not a good thing btw..
And if they refuse??? Humans will say...There Devils!!!! Satan!!!! # you because you don't want our religion!!!Hate!Hypocritical!!!Kill them!!!

Religion is a horrible part of our culture. Do we really want to piss them off? or make them think we're too stupid to know and leave Earth placing a shield square and barring us from the universe?
It is a touchy subject....

Regards,

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin Could this really mean that we have been contacted? Stayed contacted?

i've always believed so but it would be nice to have my suspicions confirmed. i think it would be nice for everyone. final, proven, open contact might be the culture-shift needed to shake humanity out of it's (seemingly terminal) self-destructive tailspin.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
A totally meaningless conference. The world has been prepared through books and movies. It's already a basic assumption that intelligent aliens exist. It's about 50/50 on those who believe we have been contacted from 1947 on. The ones who don't believe this happily accept a Star Trek/Star Wars universe where we will interact with a variety of aliens sometime in the near future. I'm sure the attendees enjoyed their coffee and donuts and perhaps a lunch buffet, but what they did was a waste of time.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Very seldom do I visit this forum but for some reason I clicked this thread and will make a few comments . " A couple of months ago top US astronomers gathered in front of congress to let them know that extraterrestrial life exists without question." That line there speaks volumes ,especially the "without question" We have come to know that asking questions is not one of Congresses strong points and answered questions from astronomers can yield a multitude of answers ranging from multiple black holes big bangs dark energy and multiple universes .

Observations can be very misleading ,especially if we have a small error in our assumptions .Assuming that something might be so is nothing like claiming those assumptions are so .Using shear large numbers in the trillions does not equate to the truth ,no matter how many times you say it is so .

" This time, NASA and the Library of Congress have teamed up bringing together scientists, theologians, philosophers and historians from around the globe for a two day symposium in order to discuss how to prepare the world for extraterrestrial contact, whether it be microbial organisms or intelligent beings." I am sure the cause may be genuine but would suspect that it is a concerted effort shared by like minded and would not include those that may have a different philosophical understanding of the world . Just because you have a scientist or other vocations involved in the process of discussions doesn't mean you will find the truth ,but you may be able to gather a large body of believers . Just because you have others that believe as you do does not determine the truth . I could be correct about most of the things that I believe to be true and only wrong about one thing that would overturn it all in the end .

" Earth is not the center of the universe" So tell us then ,just where the center is ? The Vatican can be open to what ever it wants to be and has shown in history to be a wee bit more open then the good book would suggest to be . The Vatican has dogmatically claimed that the Earth is the center of the Universe in the past and strangely despite their short comings in many things I think it is .

With all you have said you end with this " It’s great to see the mainstream world gather, discuss and prepare for this possibility and ultimate reality, and it’s a great seg-way to create more awareness about the world of secrecy, the world’s within our world that deal with projects the human race knows nothing about. " sounds that you are claiming that humans know nothing while saying they know at the same time ... cant have it both ways unless you are coming from a black hole in a imaginary other universe where logic and reason does not exist ....best of luck though ..and peace a reply to: SirKonstantin

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The aliens have been here long before we were.

The universe is old compared to our meager 100,000 years of modern man.

The aliens are the gods and we are a genetic project that has been monitored very closely since our "creation" from local hominids mixed with their dna.

The only way "they" will "show up" is when we've reached the point of near total destruction and serious intervention is in need.
Although, they may just sit back and watch at that point as well.
edit on 16-12-2014 by FinalCountdown because: aliens

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

some of us might even want to convert to their religion as their religion might make more sense than the religions we currently have.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

Read the book: Exo Vaticana from a couple of years ago.
www.amazon.com...

Expected - Watchers / Nephilim come back on the scene as in the days of Noah.

exopolitics.org...

Putnam and Horn, successfully predicted in their last book, the best-selling Petrus Romanus: The Final Pope is Here, that Pope Benedict would resign rather than die in office. They based their prediction on St Malachy’s, Prophecy of the Popes. According to Putnam and Horn, Francis is the final Pope, “Petrus Romanus”, who will oversee the dissolution of the Catholic Church as predicted in St Malachy’s prophecy, by announcing an extraterrestrial savior.

Putnam and Horn claim to have documented the research and evidence supporting their startling prediction in their new book, Exovaticano – advance orders of which have already rocketed it into Amazon’s best seller lists for its April 15 release. On their website and in Exovaticano, they claim that the Catholic Church hierarchy plans to announce an extraterrestrial savior who will usher in a new world spiritual belief system that supplants traditional Christianity and organized religion. Putnam’s and Horn’s research is based on interviews with Catholic scholars and scientists who were willing to discuss the Prophecy of the Popes and the possibility of extraterrestrial life.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-12-2014 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That is exactly what is expected.

A new "One World Religion".

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

He even said that he would be happy to baptize them

That is the point where I switched off. Why would they want some water splashed onto their heads? "Hi Welcome To Earth, get in line, Crucifiction on the left, Baptism on the right"!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
This is the actual event:

www.loc.gov...

And anyone reading the schedule should be able to spot that it was just a talking shop, nothing else.

And I do wish people would stop bleating on about Agenda 21, it's been around for decades and all it does is point out what a mess we've made of the place and how to stop it getting messier. Aliens are not coming to save our ass, we need to do that ourselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC
Why is the majority of you focusing on the 'baptisim' comment? I'm sure it was meant to be taken tongue in cheek.
What he probably meant was he's be happy to share our culture, as we would share ours with them.

It's quite pathetic really on ATS sometimes. So, in a press conference the Pope was asked whether if a martian appeared and asked to be baptised (this was roughly at the time Curiosity landed), would he perform the baptism. He laughed and said of course.

That's it - he was asked a question, he answered it. If he had dodged the question, can you imagine the threads on here about how the Pope is keeping tight lipped around Martians? If he had said no, can you imagine the threads asking what the Pope knows about Martians that makes him reluctant to baptise them?

Sometimes people just can't win.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Why do people compare our technology to something maybe thousands of years ahead of our own . Do you really think this is the pinnacle of science . Also didn't a neutrino break the speed of light . Forgetting about worm holes too that is also in our current science .. also teleportation . Many ways of traveling vast distances beacuse we havent figured it out yet doesnt make it impossible . Guess the world is still flat for some

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

That is really an interesting idea.

What kind of religion do you think they have? is it spiritual? Nature related?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Wonderful Reply!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: freedomSlave

The Superluminal Neutrino didn't stand up to scrutiny. Others performed the same test and showed the Neutrino does not surpass light speed.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: freedomSlave

The Superluminal Neutrino didn't stand up to scrutiny. Others performed the same test and showed the Neutrino does not surpass light speed.

Yea I can't remember exactly what it was maybe they had the wrong calibration? Something but I havn't seen proof of anything traveling THROUGH space going over the speed of light.

About "aliens." I agree with what you are saying.

People need to think like they are the alien not the person here waiting. Obviously aliens would be people in as much as we would want to be people to them.. Anyway.. Jane Goodall comes to mind. In order to begin communicating with the Chimps she had to come in an unthreatening manner from a distance at first until she could get closer and closer..

She had to use their customs and their expressions to communicate and be accepted in the Chimp's space..

"Aliens" would do the same with us, as I would do the same with "aliens."

One has to understand language is based on our nature and culture.. When their nature and culture are so different we may not have common concepts, they would need to act like us and communicate on our level..

I went to some church thing once and ate the bread and the wine what ever that was for. I only did it to not seem weird around all the christianus humanus around me.. I was able to be around them and communicate in an alien world to me. haha.

Whether NASA or the Vatican have specific knowledge of specific life or not we will make contact at some point. Best start people considering it now. Pave the way for more constructive interactions. Our culture can only be disrupted in it's weak points that are fallacies. Time people gave up the culture of being alone in the universe. Give up the culture that we are the center, and others are "aliens."
edit on 16-12-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: freedomSlave

Why do people compare our technology to something maybe thousands of years ahead of our own . Do you really think this is the pinnacle of science . Also didn't a neutrino break the speed of light . Forgetting about worm holes too that is also in our current science .. also teleportation . Many ways of traveling vast distances beacuse we havent figured it out yet doesnt make it impossible . Guess the world is still flat for some

I am actually being scientific in what I said, based on what we know at present. We have never found a worm hole. I do not believe they exist because I do not believe space is constructed that way. No, a neutrino did not break the speed of light. Teleportation has not yet been achieved, only entanglement observation and very basic uncontrolled manipulation. The universe is the same in the area of earth as it is in any other solar system. The same laws apply. When science can demonstrate new understandings of physics and physical law, as they have with the entanglement demonstration, that is when I accept the fact.

You compare what I said with a nasty and spiteful remark that does not reflect the quality of my comment in any way, shape or form; "I guess the world is still flat for some". You did that just because I was pointing out the difficulties of your imaginative speculation. Science is such a bummer isn't it. It dashes all our dreams and speculation with hum drum facts. Sorry to be a party pooper. I'm interested in clarity. I am interested in us knowing where we stand. I don't like to see people manipulated into believing the wildly speculative without a reality check. I thought that was in the spirit of ATS, to deny ignorance. I'm trying to play my own small part in that.

It's great to have these ideas and a vivid imagination, but when it comes to what is fact we must also be aware of what is real. Your post is trying to influence people that these people got together in anticipation as a consensus for imminent disclosure. It is far from the case. It was a highly imaginative, speculative gathering of minds to entertain a theoretical scenario.

I do get worried because I see so many people believing that there are aliens living among us on the earth and visiting us and that there is some kind of conspiracy with the authorities to hide them from us. That is all whacky whoo to me. It is quite definitely not in the same league as saying the earth is flat. Hey, guess what? The earth is a sphere. See, I don't think the earth is flat. Do you understand me a little better now. I hope so!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

I assume that they would be much further advanced than us technologically so I think if they had a religion it would be based more on things that they know to be factual and not based exclusively on "beliefs" which have no factual evidence.

I`m thinking that their advance technology probably proved that many of the theories and beliefs involved in religion are false and their religion would be based on the things that they haven`t been able to prove are false and things they have proven to be true.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

you're actually operating under the assumption that there is complete openness in government here in the united states, which is odd considering it's long history of lying to the public, distortion of historical facts and obvious suppression of technology in multiple industries including the sciences which might as well be a religion in itself to some as it's just as manipulative and effective as a control mechanism. the manufacture of consent has been working well, perhaps a little too well...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CallmeRaskolnikov

Yes, I am operating under that assumption.

All that I have read on this subject has led me to that assumption. I know that the authorities play all kinds of mind games, but this is too way out there for me.

My biggest fear for others is that they will be misled by illusion and deceit. I hate seeing human beings and their minds so abused. It is a genuine concern born out of my regard and care for others.

I will not spoil your fun any longer here. Please, however, don't loose the critical factor and remember if you can be convinced and sold the idea that there are visitors on the earth from other planets and the governments know about them without any factual evidence you may be in danger of being manipulated into believing anything no matter how crazy and fanciful. In the wrong hands such naivety is a serious weapon to those who would manipulate you for whatever reason.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join