It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationalism in Germany

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh no, not again reruns of Nazi Germany, (www.theguardian.com...)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: warren408

Hmmmm it won't be long before we see a real life Norsefire party like in V for Vendetta all throughout Europe.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Its members have been dubbed the “pinstriped Nazis” and they refer to their demonstrations as “evening strolls” through German cities. But on Monday night, an estimated 15,000 people joined Pegida, or Patriotic Europeans Against Islamisation of the West, in a march through Dresden carrying banners bearing slogans such as “Zero tolerance towards criminal asylum seekers”, “Protect our homeland” and “Stop the Islamisation”.

Your OP is exceptionally misleading as these people ARE NOT Nazis at all, but people trying to protect their nation from going back to the middle ages.

I see no problem with people wanting to protect their way of life against a foreign 'invasion' of radical people intent on upsetting the status quo and imposing a barbaric Sharia law on non-Muslims.

I wish them luck.

ETA: Also, you didn't give us much to work with in your OP. I call this crap and run posting when all you do is post a link with a misleading title or statement. Try harder next time.
edit on 2014/12/15 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

While I disagree with radical Islam there's also the threat of a real life Norsefire Party like in V for Vendetta. I hope Europeans solve the crisis by not bringing the real life Norsefire party into power.

They can simply take advantage of the situation just like the movie.

I mean you have the Golden Dawn which is in fact an openly Neo Nazi Party in Greece.
edit on 15-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

While I disagree with radical Islam there's also the threat of a real life Norsefire Party like in V for Vendetta. I hope Europeans solve the crisis by not bringing the real life Norsefire party into power.

They can simply take advantage of the situation just like the movies.

I haven't seen the movie, but Nazis these are not.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Well it does say they dubbed them self's pin-stripped nazis right?

And of course we need to act like sharia law is really trying to be brought back and forcefully implemented.

Sounds to me like they are calling them self's what they want to be, or does it not matter what they call them self's if it is not true?
edit on thMon, 15 Dec 2014 23:14:23 -0600America/Chicago1220142380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You should watch it. The Norsefire Party is a Neo Fascist Party that came to power in the UK by launching false flag attacks and used scapegoats like Muslims. They then killed Muslims, Dissidents, and other people they considered "undesirable".

Now I know radical Islam is a huge concern but we can't solve that problem by bringing another group of extremists in power.

And sadly we have have the real life version of the Norsefire Party running around such as the Golden Dawn in Greece.
edit on 15-12-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Its members have been dubbed the “pinstriped Nazis” and they refer to their demonstrations as “evening strolls” through German cities. But on Monday night, an estimated 15,000 people joined Pegida, or Patriotic Europeans Against Islamisation of the West, in a march through Dresden carrying banners bearing slogans such as “Zero tolerance towards criminal asylum seekers”, “Protect our homeland” and “Stop the Islamisation”.

Your OP is exceptionally misleading as these people ARE NOT Nazis at all, but people trying to protect their nation from going back to the middle ages.

I see no problem with people wanting to protect their way of life against a foreign 'invasion' of radical people intent on upsetting the status quo and imposing a barbaric Sharia law on non-Muslims.

I wish them luck.

ETA: Also, you didn't give us much to work with in your OP. I call this crap and run posting when all you do is post a link with a misleading title or statement. Try harder next time.

...any trouble, and they will fall under this category...

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians).

Å99

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sounds like Europe is deep into the MSM endless loop of BS too.

Must be global or something.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I really hope we are not looking at these people as reasonable...

Is it just cause of the common enemy of 'radical islam' that people think what they are saying is ok?

The same people that preach the 'don't fall for the divide and conquer' are the same ones that act like this line of thinking is ok cause well islam i guess

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
from story...

Far-right group Pegida holds ‘Islamisation’ protest, using slogan from 1989 campaign against East German government

Patriotische Europäer gegen die Islamisierung des Abendlandes (PEGIDA, in English: "Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the Occident") is a German right-wing movement based in Dresden, known since October 2014 for organizing public demonstrations against what it considers the Islamization of Europe.

The loose group is headed by Lutz Bachmann, a person previously known in the public record only for convictions of burglaries and other offenses.[1] PEGIDA drew public attention when its demonstrations drew increasing numbers of participants, up to a record 7,500 people on 7 December 2014 in Dresden, where several hundred counter-demonstrators were also present.

Patriotic Europeans Against the Islamization of the Occident

Hmmm.

Could be a front sponsored by?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

OOOOO,OOO PICK ME ,ME....The CIA.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

OOOOO,OOO PICK ME ,ME....The CIA.

That's one.

Now who else?

Only one guess for this one.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

G GORDON LIDDY!
Naw,no...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well it does say they dubbed them self's pin-stripped nazis right?
Sounds to me like they are calling them self's what they want to be, or does it not matter what they call them self's if it is not true?

Let me shed some light on this - the term was used (only!) by a minister of interior of one of the states of Germany - and not even the state where the protesters went to the streets. So, to put this in perspective, it is how they are called - or looked at - by some people of the political and social establishment.

In fact, looking at the picture in the "Guardian", the banner that the protester hold up says "Against religious fanatism" and smaller below that "and against any form of radicalism" and below that "Together/unified without violence" - which are hardly core slogans of a Nazi party.

The MSM in Germany, as well as most politicains, try very gard to push the demonstrators into the right corner, but apart from just some demonstrators, and this cannot be prevented in a group of thousands, it is the ordinary" citizen who takes the protest to the street.

The demonstration was founded in October 2014 as a reaction to an occurence when islamic and yesidic asylum seekers were caught up in a bigger brawl on the streets. The protest started with 300 demonstrators, takes place every monday and has grown to over 15000 people now, some even being of black or brown skin color, even some islamic activists take part. There have been recently mutiple offsprings all over Germany which also demonstrate every monday, most of them are still small (500-5000 people), but all are growing.
On every demonstration, there are anti-demonstrations, organized by the let and far left and most political and union parties, as well as refugee organziations, take part in those.

You see, the problem here is that "the established system" is facing demonstrations of "ordinary citizens" which are not closely organized (cannot be "nailed") and who are a definite danger to the system, because meanwhile, the demonstrators also voice political concerns, as unemployment, social welfare, decreasing wages, and so on. Main object is the refugee policy, though, in 2014, more than 200,000 will have applied for asylum in Germany and for 2015, they estimate 300,000. Now, some of them gain asylum, but those, who do not, are allowed to stay anyway AND being paid for by the state (every person living in Germany is entitled to about 1000$/month in cash and rent payments for an unlimited period of time).
Now combine this with an unemployment rate of 5% (inofficially 10%), degrading infrastructure (schools, roads, public buildings are in bad shape and/or have to be closed) and billions Euro being sent as help and credits to troubled countries (Greece, Ukraine, Spain, Italy, etc.) - and you understand the magnitude of the problem, every citizen can see and feel it that things are going bad, just the politicians and the press won't.

This is no Nazi movement, and this is not a breeze - it is citizens demanding reasonable policies and they demand it now. The movement will grow, and even when they won't get an upper hand now, it is the start of a wide social movement which will jump and interact with movements in other european countries (note the rise of national and right wing parties in countries like France, Netherlands, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Greece). Being against refugees, being against islamists, is, pardon me for the image, just two tentacles of the octopus, the base for the movement goes far and beyond just that.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

No, it is not a front sponsored by anyone. There are, though, multiple groups who try instrumentalize the movement (as in right political parties), but so far without any success, their number is dwarfed by the "ordinary" citizen, who usually comes out of the middle of the society (mostly male, a bit older, employed or retired, educated), it is not a movement of have-nots, not a movement of a certain political interest, not a movement of stupid or uneducated people - although all that is what politicains and mainstream media are telling them, they'd be, which heats up the public discussion even more. It is estimated that about half of the population sympathize with them, some open, most (as for now) secretly.

Bottom line - it is a grass roots movement, but other than most of those of the past years, who sprang off the political left spectrum, this one comes from the medium to right side and it has no strict organization and no powerful, or influential, or popular leader, it just channels, so far in multiple regional groups, diffuse protests against degrading standard of living and indoctrination of the system.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carport
Was what the article quotes as them some one else too?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: carport
Europe in general is being pushed by [powerful groups, whoever they are] to become more extremist. It all hearkens back to that freemason plan with the three world wars, east vs west in general, to make people so exhausted by war that they accept a one world government.

One trick in psychological warfare is to offer/promote a horrible option in order to direct people to an option they never would have chosen.

So in this case, they scare people with sharia in order to push them towards fascism. The nazis did it too. They had the Red Scare with communism, and made people willing to accept the nazi doctrine.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thanks carport, couldn't have explained it better.
These demonstrators are mostly ordinary citizens and our dear leaders errr I mean politicians and the media try do denounce them as Nazis and mostly right-wing nuts.

There's something brewing in Germany lately and I'm afraid it's not something nice.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
They simply protest against the madness that is this enforced multi-culturism for European peoples, the situation is critical and needs to be countered.

It is becoming illegal in Sweden to even criticize the Governments immigration policy let alone say anything detrimental about immigrants, and we are not far off that in Britain, yet Scandanavian nations have relatively small native populations and already are begining to live in fear of the immigrant communities that are becoming established, rape and violence from them toward the native population is supposedly something that should be accepted in the interests of cheap labour and increased profits and economic growth.

Those that control the money, the media and the monopoly on power are waging a war of cultural eradication of European peoples, the destruction of their identity, and immigration is the means to achieving this, it is the right of people to stand up for themselves and not be bullied and manipulated into submission by those out to destroy them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join