It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several US government buildings lose power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

It's lights out for several government buildings in Washington. Authorities are blaming a blown transformer and a construction mishap.

The State Department says a power line serving its headquarters was severed in a construction accident Monday morning.

The outage was expected to last for hours. The Pepco power company says it also caused lights to flicker at the White House and other buildings.

Meanwhile, police say a transformer explosion at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management caused outages there and at several government buildings Monday. Those include the Federal Reserve, the General Services Administration, Metro's Smithsonian subway station, the Labor Department, the U.S. Park Police and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp.

Several US government buildings lose power

I haven't been able to find this on the national news sites but it is on a local one. If this has been covered already I didn't find it when searching.
I thought it was odd that several government buildings had their electric knocked out after threats from hackers to do just that have recently been talked about. I also find it a strange coincidence that different "events" caused them. I guess it could be possible but it seems more like a cover story.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well it certainly isn't because we didn't pay the bill....

Who knows if what they say is true or not at this point?? I'd be hard pressed to believe it was raining if I were standing outside with water falling and they told me it was so. Conditioning I suppose.

One does have to wonder if the digital threat is overwhelming them, though (again) I seriously doubt they would ever admit it if it did.
edit on 12/15/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I agree, one incident I could take at face value but when multiple occur it makes it seem like a cover-up. Just my opinion but something doesn't seem right.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

police say a transformer explosion at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management ....

The State Department says a power line serving its headquarters was severed in a construction accident Monday morning

Hmmm.

2 separate "incidents" at the same time.

Conveniently Coincidental.

Hard to trust any MSM report.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: K_OS

This happened hours ago, but i take it that it still hasn't been fixed?

Wouldn't key areas like the State Dept, the Fed Reserve and the White House have backups in case of "construction accidents?"

LMFAO!

Ok, ok. Does anyone think that State Dept employees should be tele commuting?
edit on 15-12-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

This happened hours ago, but i take it that it still hasn't been fixed?

Wouldn't key areas like the State Dept, the Fed Reserve and the White House have backups in case of "construction accidents?"

Maybe the backup generators ran out of diesel fuel?

Or they forgot to change motor oil in the engines.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nevermind...:p

The State Department says a power line serving its headquarters was severed in a construction accident Monday morning. Emergency generators allowed some staff to keep working, but others were sent to work from different offices or home.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wonder if hundreds of cyber attacks per minute going into the US could cause a breaker to blow or a construction mishap.

I love when the government makes ridiculous excuses like this. This could be the beginning of a new era in warfare the world has never seen and they are calling it a construction mishap.

Just in case you missed this earlier check out this live map of cyber attacks on map.ipviking.com, the amount of activity on there is staggering!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Yeah I thought the same thing, two separate instances targeting high profile locations. What a strange coincidence. Occam's razor comes to mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I have a bad feeling things like this are going to start happening moe and more.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
interesting. Someone must have DDOSsed the power supplies... well played China...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Interesting.

Some of these government buildings aren't anywhere close to one another.

A construction accident and a transformer explosion. Maybe the construction accident caused the transformer explosion???

This doesn't pass the smell test...

Here's an article with some pictures seattle pi

Here's a map that shows where these buildings are located.

dex

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It's inconceivable to me that the US government has never heard of a backup generator in 2014. I don't know what this is about but it's an obvious lie, IMO.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 20-12-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

top topics

join