It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rock bouncers.....ever seen one live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   
i want to try this big time.
if i had 40 grand id build one...

i like this far better than rock crawlers

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
hill climbers are sweet too

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Nah but I used to pound the hell out of my ATVs on trails and stuff. Sold them years ago. When I had a Jeep in highschool I would sometimes go out on the trails and mountains with it. I like the look of those, haven't hit a trail in years.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

theyre awesome man
4 wheel drive
independent front and rear suspension
some of them have twin turbos and such...
killer machines

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I love to watch those rock bouncers. But have u seen the rock bouncer vs ultra 4 cars. The Ultra 4 cars whoop up on the bouncers. The ultra 4 cars are used for King Of Hammer type races where you have high speed desert racing combined with rock crawling. There's even custom IFS cars that do really well against the live axle crowd. I have a heavily modified Jeep Cherokee rock crawler, multi purpose rig on 43's. It's not fast but it will pretty much go over or thru whatever you point it at. The only terrain it doesn't like is pavement.

edit on 15-12-2014 by hellboyz because: corrections

edit on 15-12-2014 by hellboyz because: corrections

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: hellboyz

i had not seen it but i just watched a vid

they definitely whopped up on the rock bouncers. id still rather build and run a rock bouncer. they are more my style.

i might try to build a mini version with my daughter. she is only 2 but she is a total gear head man.
we were sitting here for about 2 hours earlier watching rock bouncers, motocross, funny cars..
she loves it.

im still trying to think about how i want to go about...
not sure.
id have to work out the drive train.
it would be cool to have a small turbo 4 cylinder in it...

just something i started thinking about.
i dont even have anywhere around here that i could run it but i think it would be cool for her and i to get into.

what kind of motor you running in yours?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

the " triumph " of brute force and ignorance over any sembemce of skill

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

the skill is building the brute force machine
then its clobbering time

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the " triumph " of brute force and ignorance over any sembemce of skill

I suppose you could extrapolate that statement to many other things as well...

Stupid ignorant deep sea divers with their protective suits are an insult to the skill involved in ancient Japanese pearl diving...

Stupid Helicopter and other VTOL craft pilots cannot handle the skill of landing on a runway...

The ignorance of living in a heated and air conditioned home is a slap in the face to the skill of neolithic hut living...

Silly baseball players with their helmets... if they had any skill at all they would just duck if their head was in any danger.

Yes, these drivers are the epitome of ignorance and lack of skill because anyone can do it. I swear I saw an 8 year old in one of those videos...

How dare these evil, sick bastards try to have fun without there being an immense amount of sheer skill involved??? If it didnt take decades of patience to hone the necessary skills, then it should not exist! Thats right, by the time you can actually enjoy it you need to be too old and broken to truly enjoy it. Otherwise its mere ignorance in my book...

top topics

join