It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's not turn deranged criminals into terrorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I would call him a Dumbass... ohw wait that is me..

I wouldn't call him anything actually no need to waste time on him.

But definitions can be hard...

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians).

place that in a Posse Comitatus thread and yes it seems about right..

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
The truth of the matter is that by definition, any violent action, when committed by a person with a political motive or agenda, could accurately be termed a "terrorist" action. Terrorism is simply the "use of violence or intimidation for political aims," which covers a broad swathe of actions. A terrorist is anyone who practices terrorism. So as long as the motives of the person are known, they can accurately classified as a terrorist if they have poltical aims. I don't know whether the aims of the perpetrator were known in the case you mention, and I am not specifically referring to this instance, rather I am just informing people of the correct time to use the word terrorism.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
He murdered innocent people claiming it was retaliation for our governments actions, deranged or not that sure sounds like an act of terrorism to me. The terrorists are happy to claim him now & hold him up as an example of a good little terrorist martyr so if he wasn't he will be hailed as one & have songs of his bravery sung. Makes me sick.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

For my own understanding I set the bar between self-serving mayhemist and terrorist like this. If one acts alone one is a mayhemist. If they act in collusion I call them terrorists. Most terrorists take orders from a bigger terrorist or a group of terrorists. A mayhemist, again, works alone. This fool in Australia was a mayhemist.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

He may have been deluded, but he was still a terrorist. He terrorised the populace and claimed his attacks on behalf of ISIS.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Just like killers will claim they killed more people then they actually did.
People lie, crazy people lie even more and believe what they are saying is the truth.
It was a mad man at the end of his run.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Terrorist or crazy delusional nutjob, I honestly don't give a damn. This article tells you everything yo need to know about the guy. The aussie courts f* up BIGTIME. 40 sexual assault charges, charged with sending threatening/disgusting letters to the family of dead aussie soldiers, self described spiritual leader even though no-one in the muslim world recognised him as any sort of leader, and out on bail only one day prior to the seige for helping stab his ex-wife to death then setting her on fire.

I hope the judge enjoys a sleepless night tonight. If he had half an inkling of a brain the guy would've been locked up in a cell, the siege would never have happened and we would'nt have new-readers breaking down live on air as she discovers via teleprompter that one of the deceased was a personal friend.

The nutballs girlfriend has actively participated in his extremist views/hate speech, I hope the police are watching her and her associates like a hawk for the next few months....

www.news.com.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join