It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's not turn deranged criminals into terrorists

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Many may have read the unfolding events in Sydney, Australia.

A quick rant to pre-empt people trying to make this tragic situation into a 'known' terrorist action.

This was the work of an individual... A deranged individual and one that was well known to be a criminal.

Perhaps our bail laws can come into question, possibly our immigration laws (grubs like this don't deserve to fill a space that a good person could have) but I hope our personal freedoms in Australia or our relaxed way of life are not effected.

This man was the lowest of the low and tried to wrap himself and his personal issues in a bigger blanket of religious ideology and the world needs to separate the thugs and criminals from the broader fight against global terrorism.

My heart goes out to the hostages and especially the two innocents who died. May the perpetrator rot in hell.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: inquisitivenature

yeah, i go with terrorist
like lone gunman
lone terrorist

en.wikipedia.org...

Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (e.g., neutral military personnel or civilians).

seems about right
edit on 15-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

yeah, i go with terrorist
like lone gunman
lone terrorist

No just an individual psychologically deranged person. Call him a murderer if you like but someone who was on bail for his involvement of the murder of his ex wife (probably due to the custody battle) or the 40+ allegations of aggravated sexual assault.

Either way this criminal is just that. A sick, gutless coward... Not a terrorist even though he inflicted terror on his victims and those who watched his actions unfold.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

i will call him what i want
and thats a terrorist

edit
i really dont care what he is called
i am just calling him a terrorist cause you dont want me to
to be honest though
if i only had 1 word to describe him i would use terrorist, not murderer or criminal
edit on 15-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They use they word terrorism to loosely to gain more power over the masses. With fear, then loss of right and police state.a reply to: inquisitivenature

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

i will call him what i want
and thats a terrorist
And you are free to. Hopefully this situation doesn't get spun into a reason to create some belief that there is further reason to impede our personal freedoms simply because out of millions of people this one crazy tried to convince people that he was associated with a broader movement that threatens our society. He wasn't. He was just a very ick man who inflicted very sick deads on a country who welcomed him to save him from persecution.

Either way he is a grot.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

And it doesn't matter if the name fits or not?
I mean every single thing gets called a terrorist attack these days.

Well except when some one shoots up a school or public place, then it is just a guy that snapped.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Grovit

And it doesn't matter if the name fits or not?
I mean every single thing gets called a terrorist attack these days.

Well except when some one shoots up a school or public place, then it is just a guy that snapped.
Unfortunately these days it's too easy to describe everyone as a terrorist. Some are just plain, sick criminals and others are working towards a politically or ideallogically motivated reason to attempt to undermine our societies. We must be clear to not confuse the two even though both utilise terror.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I would think in this guys case even the terrorists would want to distance themselves from him.

Black magic, sexual assault, hell the deranged feck didnt even bring the right flag!!!

Total and unequivocal mental case

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Its truly twisted the way the Canadian media is parroting over and over the words "terrorist" and "isis" when reporting this event.

This man is nuts and a known criminal. This should be the focus but rather they go with the usual fear mongering that will only get other muslims harassed. Yes, the guy was muslim but that's the current boogie man so they run with it sensationalisticaly.

Compare this to an incident in Canada a few years ago when a crazy guy cut off a dude's head on a Greyhound bus and ate parts of him. The criminal was a mentally ill Asian but the media made nothing of his ethnicity and religion and focussed, appropriately on his mental health history. And the story was big news but it wasn't put on auto replay round the clock like today's tragedy.

Todays event is awful but the media is weaving a dangerous web.
edit on 15-12-2014 by igloo because: a thought

edit on 15-12-2014 by igloo because: terrible grammar

edit on 15-12-2014 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: inquisitivenature

Hopefully this situation doesn't get spun into a reason to create some belief that there is further reason to impede our personal freedoms

on this we agree and you will not see me asking for more rules/laws and fewer personal freedoms.
never gonna happen

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let's not turn terrorists into mere deranged criminals.

Sydney is now a known terrorist act.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
That's really strange because a few months ago there was an obvious terrorist attack where a soldier was killed in Canada. They really danced around the issue and refused to call it a terrorist act! a reply to: igloo

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Deranged criminals are terrorists. Terrorists are deranged criminals, all according to who you talk too, nice flags and badges, everywhere are they.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
One thing I will say about this whole event is, I think Sydney's profiling of potential terrorists has failed BiG TIME.

This guy has been around for a while now, yet they must have thought he was not a potential candidate. Strange one that.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
In case people still aren''t clear what terrorism is…

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
One thing I will say about this whole event is, I think Sydney's profiling of potential terrorists has failed BiG TIME.

This guy has been around for a while now, yet they must have thought he was not a potential candidate. Strange one that.

Yup, not only that, he was so deranged he was allowed out on bail for murder? Does that not seem like he had a value to someone?

He got 300 hours community service for the letters, I think that's all to date.
All the other stuff is in The Telegraph..interesting the paper claims they knew who it was, but complied with a police request not to name him at some stage.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 15-12-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Yup, not only that, he was so deranged he was allowed out on bail for murder? Does that not seem like he had a value to someone?

Ah, we're being told an accessory to murder. So, not so dangerous I guess, but you'd think, just to be on the safe side, he should have been being monitored. After all, according to his protests, he was already beaten in prison for writing political letters.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

Ah, we're being told an accessory to murder. So, not so dangerous I guess, but you'd think, just to be on the safe side, he should have been being monitored. After all, according to his protests, he was already beaten in prison for writing political letters.

The only other I see in the Telegraph is the girlfriend unless I missed something. That's kinda too close isn't it?
But you're right, he should've been watched after the letters incident, I mean they watched Lee Harvey Oswald in the US after his Cuba pamphlets didn't they?
I should mention though that two people died over this, yet another event and that people are dying all over in droves in the same ways for absolutely nothing, without a gun in their hand.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
In case people still aren''t clear what terrorism is…

Brilliant stuff..Iraq, Iroq..nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons, nuclear weapons... Uh bombs.

Maybe he actually meant this,

WMD= a Weapon of Mass Distraction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join