It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A modern day Buddhist hermit, explains his Enlightenment & Subconscious access

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Link here, just click on these words

So I frequent a number of different Xtian Mystic, Buddhist, Taoist, and Sufi sites to just get a general consensus on what different philosophies deem "enlightenment" is. This specific Buddhist's post is interesting to many people because many ATS'ers are interested in accessing Subconscious, which this fellow says is a sure shot way to access Enlightenment.

Also, I am largely in agreement with it, and I will quote some interesting points of his here:

I think we are all aware of the Conscious Mind:

THE CONSCIOUS MIND
THE CONSCIOUS MIND IS A SERIAL PROCESSOR (with only one image or thought at a time, in a lineal sequence). The conscious mind can process 40 bits (nerve impulses) per second… the conscious mind understands “words” and “logic”, it is very “rational”…

THE CONSCIOUS MIND IS THE MIND OF OUR PHYSICAL BODY AND ITS SENSES… “Consciousness” is usually defined as being aware of the physical senses… if a person cannot see, hear, smell, taste, or touch, they are said to be “unconscious”…

It's the Subconscious that gets interesting:

THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND
THE SUBCONSCIOUS MIND IS A PARALLEL PROCESSOR (with many images and thoughts arranged in many different complex patterns and structures simultaneously). The subconscious mind can process 40,000,000 bits (nerve impulses) per second, so it is 1,000,000 times more powerful, complex, bigger, or faster than the conscious mind… and can think hundreds or thousands of different thoughts simultaneously… the subconscious mind understands “visual images”, “emotions” and “feelings”; and is totally “irrational”… the subconscious mind controls our body… it keeps our heart beating, our lungs breathing, our stomach digesting our food, etc… it repairs and replaces the cells of our body… it creates our health or sickness… this is why the Buddha said that “every man is the author of his own sickness or health”… the subconscious mind is extremely powerful, but we seldom use more than a tiny fraction of its power, because we are unaware of it…

If you see someone that you know; your subconscious mind “recognizes them” (visual image), and your conscious mind “remembers their name” (word)… this is how they work together…

The conscious mind cannot cope with the simultaneous "multiple images and thoughts” in the subconscious mind, which is the reason why the subconscious mind is subconscious to the conscious mind. The conscious mind is simply unable to process and "be conscious" of the complexity of the "subconscious mind”

Similarly he states that accessing Subconscious, would make you think you've gone crazy. however he uses Mantra to anchor him through the whole circus act the subconscious does:

NOTE... If a “normal” mundane person were to unwittingly make their subconscious mind conscious, they would “think” (a logical lineal sequence of thoughts in their conscious mind) that they must be going “crazy”; because of the flood of conditioned multiple interacting reflex thoughts that would flood through their mind. Clinical insanity is when the subconscious mind of a mundane person becomes conscious, when he has tapped directly into his “spirit”, and neither the mundane person, nor the mundane world around him, understands what is happening… but this is also why some cultures consider “crazy people” to be “holy”, and why some “holy men” appear to be crazy… likewise a meditator who unwittingly makes his subconscious mind conscious, might “think” that meditating has made him crazy, and so be afraid to meditate any more… but if you recognize it as simply the natural state of the subconscious mind and are not afraid, it is no problem… it is fear of it that is the problem… if you ever fall into fear, simply start repeating “Buddho… Buddho… Buddho…” again and again until you feel safe… it will anchor you to something good, and protect you from fear…

Much more interesting points in the link and a HIGHLY Recommended link I really wish everyone would read. He also states that accessing the root of the Subconscious gives you free access to leave the body and enter the Spiritual realms at will.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Enlightenment is merely Realization. In realizing oneself as God incarnate and allowing full awareness, you can appear 'crazy' ... the 3d 'trick' to enlightenment while still in body, is fearlessly being yourself, no matter what the world may deem you.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- My Teacher had taught me the 'conscious' 'sub-conscious' and 'other than conscious'.. It was during one of these many trips that I came about the "Eternity of the Soul" and I guess I'm a "hermit" now too?? My day is complete if the 4 dogs have been fed and hopefully walked and the dishes are done. Is this a 'full day' or 'fool day'? My vessel is only 51 and I've been retired from the cop shop for 10 years now and don't have any "wants" Some, I'd opine those who think this is it and might even be wearing a YOLO hoodie?

Be cautious but unafraid when You take that trip "inside" that is why "They" (The Establishment, TPTB, etc. et al..) try and keep folks distracted. They want You watching t.v. while on the computer while talking on the phone and be busy, busy, busy doing anything other than delving into what is YOU, the 'other Me'...

namaste

Om Bava ShaviYa Om

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I like being able to think about things in an array pattern nowadays. It took me a while to figure out how to use the power of the temporal lobe epilepsy properly. Before I ran on automatic, that ended. Now I have to try to connect manually and this gives me the ability to analyze what is happening.

So I like being a little abnormal. Dampening the TLE so that I can work with it is necessary though.

Good info OP. S&F
edit on 15-12-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

After much searching within the more esoteric teachings, I am settled right now with Eckhart Tolle.

I live in the moment, aware of my heart beat, breathing, thirst, hunger, all of who I am is in the now.

Awareness quiets the subconscious. It's your subconscious and you can do anything you want with it. I chose not to let it dictate my life. Unfortunately most of the world are terribly unaware, and victims to their own subconscious.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I've come to the conclusion that enlightenment would be considered insanity by many. Being aware of things that "aren't there", understanding concepts that "are too outside the box to be real", etc. Different perceptions, processing.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It does sound very much like what is described here is indeed very similar or the same as state of mania... the manic processes a person's brain goes through when they are experiencing the manic side of bipolar disorder.

The problem I have is that this period of mania is often followed by a period of psychosis, a period in which a person can not control their thoughts or actions and is a danger to others and themselves.

I have trouble believing the subconscious mind is being unlocked here. I am more inclined to believe mania is the onset or a sign of the onset of psychosis.

I am however compelled to research your thread with an open mind in the hope that my presumptions are wrong and you and the hermit are correct.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: blujay

I'm not picking on you blujay in particular as I've read beyond your post and have found similar comments. Few posters have yet to describe true enlightenment, that state of "mind" contains not a single bit of consciousness.

If you can honestly say "I was aware of nothing about my body or consciousness. I only had the feeling of being "at one with the universe. It was like nothing else I know." Than, probably, you were truly in an enlightened state. If you can't say that, then your ego is fooling you.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263
you are free to state your opinion. I would just like to add, that I too have come to know that there is a source of thought inside the body. When the body wakes up in the morning the conscious/subconscious mind shoot out from a place where it was at rest during deep sleep, and then takes its place in the front of the head to filter reality with glasses darkly, i.e. subjective bias bubble.

There are a number of ways to enter into this source of conscious/subconscious and "purify" or gain conscious control of this process, and if you don't know how and happen to open up subconscious without an anchor or knowing what happened, well, this is probably what the majority have as a number of psychiatric disorders

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I'm not writing any of this off but this sounds to me like the hermit has experienced a huge release of serotonin through meditation... this is possible. When we were younger we used to meditate so we could feel high. We too heard the zinging and saw the white lights. We felt euphoric, happy and clear.

I even remember saying to a friend that it was just like ingesting ******.

I'll keep researching but it really does sound like this guy has managed to release a load of serotonin whilst meditating.His 'far out' nature and his yearning for something more than the physical world leads him to believe it's another level. But I don't think it is.

We began using chakra meditation which involved concentrating on breathing too.

edit on 15-12-2014 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Excellent post and reference. The only thing that really turned me off big time was him calling his subconscious "dawg". Childish.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

Excellent post and reference. The only thing that really turned me off big time was him calling his subconscious "dawg". Childish.

He's a young man coming of age and interpreting the good things in life as something better or deeper than what they are.

Sorry guys, I sound like a materialistic buzz kill.

He is awakened and he is at one with himself but he hasn't accessed an ether of subconsciousness. His physical body has produced a physical chemical which has overwhelmed him.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

the thing is, after finding the source of his subconscious, he now has free access to the spirit realms and has even seen some of his friends who have passed away as well, which give this some sort of merit that what you're seeing is true. Then again, you would have to replicate his path to see for yourself if what he says its true, otherwise we are all merely speculating here a variety of assumptions and projects.

Take from it what you will. Personally, I want to see for myself directly if it is this way and from my own experiences of what I have seen already, obe's, source of thought, etc, I really have no reason to doubt him

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

I'm not picking on you blujay in particular as I've read beyond your post and have found similar comments. Few posters have yet to describe true enlightenment, that state of "mind" contains not a single bit of consciousness.

If you can honestly say "I was aware of nothing about my body or consciousness. I only had the feeling of being "at one with the universe. It was like nothing else I know." Than, probably, you were truly in an enlightened state. If you can't say that, then your ego is fooling you.

You can pick on me all you want, it's endearing.

But you could not be more wrong on the assumption that being unaware of your body and consciousness constitutes Enlightenment. Full body immersion into, and awareness of, 3d reality while being completely aware of yourself as god also, is a more accurate description. Your societal training has taught you that it must be other worldly to be Enlightenment.... so I ask you, why then do all beings who desire realization of self have to pass by way of earth?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Five years ago (or maybe more - it took a while for me to find the time to put it on ATS) I wrote this.

I was sort of where he is now, back then when I posted that.

The mind's a powerful thing. I've been there. Been in solitary. Lost myself without chemicals. So maybe I'm set in my ways. Maybe I missed something. All the Buddhists I came across (and there were a few in the UK as well as Thailand and even Laos) they weren't mystical or accessing a higher plane... they were just one. There was nothing special about what they had achieved. Hell this guy did it for a year or two, these guys do it for decades without access to electricity or the internet forums.

Sorry to be a dullard. He's a young hippy and nothing more.

However, what he says will help us all. It's healthy to meditate and understand oneself.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Five years ago (or maybe more - it took a while for me to find the time to put it on ATS) I wrote this.

I was sort of where he is now, back then when I posted that.

The mind's a powerful thing. I've been there. Been in solitary. Lost myself without chemicals. So maybe I'm set in my ways. Maybe I missed something. All the Buddhists I came across (and there were a few in the UK as well as Thailand and even Laos) they weren't mystical or accessing a higher plane... they were just one. There was nothing special about what they had achieved. Hell this guy did it for a year or two, these guys do it for decades without access to electricity or the internet forums.

Sorry to be a dullard. He's a young hippy and nothing more.

However, what he says will help us all. It's healthy to meditate and understand oneself.

its cool. im reading your other thread now.

as far as "oneness" many buddhists and taoists say that's just one stage and that true enlightenment is to merge with the absolute unborn, which is prior to Oneness, while also having the conscious/subconscious purged

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Knowing you are one part of the whole and feeling oneness with something that is both internal and external do not automatically mean you are totally comfortable with all that is. You can be an conscious awareness that just looks at your silent conscious awareness. You can be a conscious awareness that just look at an unconscious childlike being within you that plays around with sound while feeling energized body stated and is happy just being.

Even a conscious awareness that thinks of itself as having no ego have an informational state of being something. Seeking to not have ego seem a bit strange to me. Transforming the ego to be what your conscious awareness and your unconscious childlike being wants it to be might be wiser from my point of view not caring about previous conditioning.

For me En-Lighten-Ment is only that you are consciously aware of the energy flow that happens in your body. That you can feel it. What philosophy of wisdom you can understand and what you can do with it is a by product of the degree of awareness you can have. If you think I am wrong then lets create more words so that we separate the concepts so we better can describe the concepts we are talking about. There is no reason to create more ambiguity just because we (humanity) is bad at creating a good vocabulary so we can try to communicate experiences thru language.

Namaste.
edit on 15-12-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This is why mental illness can be a catalyst for expanded notions and understanding of reality, it can very much be like a natural initiation if approached in the right way.

It can also ultimately be overcome if a person is willing to apply themselves.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Ok, I wasn't initially going to post this since I don't have direct experience of all these levels but since others mentioned it, I too believe that this may just be one of the stages of enlightenment.

Some light Wikipedia reading on different classifications and stages of enlightenment:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(Buddhism)

I tend to believe that "true enlightenment" or perhaps more accurately Buddhahood takes far more work, some would also go further and say that sexual tantra is essential to reach the highest levels.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

This is why mental illness can be a catalyst for expanded notions and understanding of reality, it can very much be like a natural initiation if approached in the right way.

It can also ultimately be overcome if a person is willing to apply themselves.

You don't know s*** about mental illness.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join