It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just To Be Clear On The Sydney Hostage Situation (POSSIBLE LINKS TO ISIS)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

well this is an interesting turn of events . this is starting to get strange to me ... it make no sens that this guy (shia) would want anything to do with the ISIS , my apologies for jumping to conclusion.. you have to understand in the wrold of Islam this is like Oil and water ... Shia and sunnie do not mix ... and for century's their had been blood shed between the two ..

now this warrants further investigation ..
i stand corrected

No problem. Thanks for the discussion, thanks for not insulting my debating skills and thanks for being a decent enough person to admit a mistake in your original OP.

I didn't come here to debunk your thread, but as I say the evidence is there. Text and video.

edit on 15-12-2014 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

originally posted by: daaskapital
a reply to: Walsh

Wow.

I honestly wasn't expecting such a reply.

Well, kudos i guess. For accepting that you stand corrected and that this needs further investigation.

hey if i am wrong i am wrong , i will be the first to admit that ..

the rabbit hole just got deeper on this ....

It did. I predict days of investigation into this. Hopefully we get more news surrounding the situation and the individual in question.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Started your post....thank you for having the integrity to admit you could have been mistake

I do know the history of Shias and Sunni and I agree it's a drastic change...

And this being the case , that conversion would be worthy of investigation and a thread all it's own on why this is happening and if it's happening in other areas

indeed , like i said if i am wrong i am wrong ... this Action from this man is a first in my book , the only think i can think of is that he converted somewhere along the line and decided to act on behalf of the ISIS or.... hes not really the person the media claimed him to be !

thanks for your efforts and forgive me if i came off to harsh . my convictions on this issue were strong.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

And people don't lie or make stuff up?
Why does the words of mad man need to be anything other than his ramblings?
Investigate yes, but the word of the mad man can't be the nail in the coffin

And you know in the states this will be used.
Watch fox news for a week and tell me I'm wrong
edit on thMon, 15 Dec 2014 11:56:15 -0600America/Chicago1220141580 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

So basically the reason your so opposed to admitting the obvious is because you're afraid it could lead to war......

News flash. We're already at war with ISIS they declared it long ago....

Have you not seen what they are doing to women and infants?

And you're not in favor of making sure they can't do this to other families even if it's just in the Middle East?

Sticking your head in the sand doesn't change a damn thing

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

indeed , like i said if i am wrong i am wrong ... this Action from this man is a first in my book , the only think i can think of is that he converted somewhere along the line and decided to act on behalf of the ISIS or.... hes not really the person the media claimed him to be !

thanks for your efforts and forgive me if i came off to harsh . my convictions on this issue were strong.

No problem.
I do it sometimes myself. That's what makes us human

Peace

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

Him requesting a ISIS flag does not connect him to ISIS

To me, when you say he is connected to ISIS, you are suggesting a tangible link, it suggests that you are saying he was connected to them in some tangible way. Him asking for the flag does not actually connect him with the group in any way, if he say has email's on his computer to known ISIS members, then yes i would agree he is connected to ISIS.

But him asking for a flag does not make him "connected" at best it suggests hew as sympathetic to the group.

Unless there is a proven tangible link to him and ISIS then you cannot really say he is connected to the group.

To me this guy was probably deranged, just look at his history, he was sending out disgusting letters to soldiers families, connected to almost 50 sexual offences and is on bail for a crime connected to his wife's murder. He was crazy, not ISIS.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And people don't lie or make stuff up?
Why does the words of mad man need to be anything other than his ramblings?
Investigate yes, but the word of the mad man can't be the nail in the coffin

And you know in the states this will be used.
Watch fox news for a week and tell me I'm wrong

We do need to investigate further. That said, his actions have proven that they were linked, somewhat, to ISIS. It doesn't mean he was a member of them, but it means that he was probably sympathetic to them and their cause.

I honestly don't think the USA will carry this news for much longer. As i said previously, i see debates around it in Australia. I don't think much will come from it internationally.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The obobvious thing is that everyone is taking the word if this physopath as fact.
Not sure how that works out.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No, but him taking and shooting hostages whilst making demands under the name of the Islamic state and threatening Australia does.

I'm not saying he's a 'member' of Isis, although that in itself is a hard thing to define. If nothing else he was showing support for the Isis ideology. Asking for an Isis flag certainly doesn't distance himself from them.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

To me, when you say he is connected to ISIS, you are suggesting a tangible link, it suggests that you are saying he was connected to them in some tangible way. Him asking for the flag does not actually connect him with the group in any way, if he say has email's on his computer to known ISIS members, then yes i would agree he is connected to ISIS.

But him asking for a flag does not make him "connected" at best it suggests hew as sympathetic to the group.

Unless there is a proven tangible link to him and ISIS then you cannot really say he is connected to the group.

To me this guy was probably deranged, just look at his history, he was sending out disgusting letters to soldiers families, connected to almost 50 sexual offences and is on bail for a crime connected to his wife's murder. He was crazy, not ISIS.

www.liveleak.com...

the claims in the video was that , the attack from from ISIS ... i dono man i am confused ;/

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

All it proves is that he knows who they are.

I don't see how it proves a connection.

Him being a sympathetic would also be a vast difference imo as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thread closed for staff review.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walsh

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Really? ISIS whole campaign is convert or die...

If a Shia can't convert to ISIS standard then why the hell are they trying to get people in Shia predominant areas to convert by the sword?

I understand the conflict between the two sects well

And staring out of hand that this guy can't possibly be a member of ISIS just because he's shia is absurd....their whole premise is to convert people to their standard of Islam

show me evidence where Shia have been forced to convert to Sunni by the hands of the ISIS ?

all you will find are the ISIS slaughtering Shia ...

let me ask you a question before you continue down this road of convert or die BS .

if to be Muslims means to submit your will to god , then how can you force anyone to submit their will to god ?

you think the ISIS are in the market of forcing people to convert to Islam .? nay they are in the market of killing

Not sure but I think the literally dozens of articles about ISIS rolling in to towns and telling Christians to convert or die might shed some light on you question.

But you're right, they don't offer everybody the chance to convert. Some they sell into slavery, some because forced wives, and some they just kill. But they still have options!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My thoughts & prayers go out to the families affected by this tradgedy & the two hostages who sacrificed themselves one trying to disarm him & another protecting her pregnant friend. Does it matter if he was actually inducted or not as they're singing his praises & using him as an example now. This is only strengthening our resolve as a country to not give in or back down coz that's the Australian way.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join