It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could change one thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This thread is designed so people can get a general feeling for what we don't like about everything having to do with the current condition of our species and our spiraling descent into self-destruction.

It is also a chance, for those interested in joining in, to actually TRY to do something about anything. Even if you feel it will do no good in the end, what do you have to lose by attempting? Seriously.

First I would like for everyone reading to imagine a scenario in which everyone focused their efforts into solving 1 problem. Just 1 problem against the entire world. Imagine the magnitude of accomplishment that could come from that. Down to the smallest part done, everyone could do SOMETHING to help with that 1 problem.

Now what I would like from everyone is to share one issue they would like to be changed, fixed, turned around, whatever. Then I want people to read each others qualms with the world. Not in judgement of one another, but just actually listen to what each other are saying.

After you've witnessed the problems of the world I would like you to consider doing whatever tiny action you can fathom doing to change these things we can no longer be apart of. Even if you think it doesn't matter, what matters is that no one can say no one tried, and no one can say that everyone was divided and conquered.

I'll share my issue with our species.

I don't like when humanity looks down on each other instead of looking out for each other. I'm no saint, but I've been trying to be as friendly to people as it is possible for me to be just for the sake of trying to change something I don't like. I stopped saying mean things to people who ask me for money or a cigarette and instead try to imagine what it would be like if I was them, I've also tried to influence others around me to be more mannerly just for the sake of doing what i can to change something I don't like.

The entire reason I'm writing this thread is because it is actually working in my local area and I was curious as to if it would have the same outcome on a larger scale, all you need is to create some small motion to build momentum into a total change.

I've changed the lives of other people by doing the smallest thing I could do and I am witnessing the effects. If this is possible then there is no reason why a multitude of people focused towards the same problem cannot solve them. We will never know if we can undo the damage done to society as a whole unless we actually try to do something, whatever it may be.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If i could change one thing it would be the wish that everyone would get rid of religion. It does so much damage to our societies throughout history and still today. Believe what you want keep it to yourself. It was just a crude structure for rule of law to start with. Along with a way to explain things we could not understand at the time. Gods did everything we did not understand. Make the sun and moon change. Volcanoes, lightning, floods, disease. ect.. They could not explain these things so they blamed it on an entity they made up. I wish people were intelligent enough to see the truth and the damage is does. Before you get insulted. How many gods are there? how many gods existed before yours? What make yours more real than the others. Upbringing and choice. No facts exist at all to prove any of these claims of gods. It does not show itself because it does not exist. People and cultures raise their kids with lies to get them do do what they are told. Don't do this or Santa won't give you a gift. Don't do this or go to hell. All make believe / fantasy only good for a bad movie. The Santa thing made me realize early on that people would lie to manipulate their peers or children and it was world wide. Opened my eyes to the depict people will do to get people to act how they want.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

No one should ever have to do without nourishment. Free drinkable water, balanced meals, and a means of cleanliness for hygiene to prevent disease. Once our bodies are healthy, then we can begin to cure our minds. Nourishment should be a priority one for all humanity, from conception to death.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Reveal what is hidden.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i dont want laws imposed on me dealing with what i do to or put in my body
i dont want laws imposed on me dealing with things i do in my own home
i dont want laws imposed on me about personal choices cause they dont fit someone elses moral code

if it effects nobody else, get out of my business.

that is what i want changed cause that covers so many things.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
the thing i would change is more on a social level i guess you'd say.
i would get rid of most of the cynicism, or flat out hate that is prevalent online, and that makes engaging with people for mt most part unpleasant.
We seem to have devolved into using hate as a pass-time, check comment sections on almost ANYTHING online:
new star wars trailer? "oh it's freaking stupid you ruined my childhood!"
new game being released "it was dumbed down because everyone is stupid fu#k the world!"
Justin Beiber? "that's not real music he sucks! what a fu%îng homo!"
anita sarkeesian complaining about women in videogames? "i'mma rape you you b!tch!"
and i could go on, but i am sure you all know what i'm talking about, you have seen enough of it by yourself to last a few decades.
Now, you should ALWAYS voice your opinion, and criticism of things that are "not good" or don't work is necessary, but why does the expression have to be so aggressive? why the anger? it's depressing.
THAT is what i would change, a nice planet wide "let's all just chill for a moment"
This guy i occasionally follow on youtube makes some pretty good observations in the below video, give it a shot,towards the end of the video he makes some observations as to why it might be so.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I would peacefully purge the entire system, once that is complete, do an extensive search for secret societies at all levels and all places, reveal them and the purge them too and start over.

There are several things we have learned these past couple of years; we are not really free, every aspect of our being is monitored wherever we go, our opinions don't really matter, our elected officials work for the benefit of a secret elite, most world events are manipulated, and that there are "actors", spies, agents, provocateurs at every level of society just ready to rat you out and/or sell you out.

In other words, the world really really sucks.

top topics

join