It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Torture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
To deprive a person for a short time to get some information that saves lives is not torture.

But to let groups Like ISIS have access to the Internet and Social networks to post videos of beheading people with pocket knives and swords in the name of their so called god now that is mass Psyoptic torture against all Humanity.

The first statement shows what is done to just an individual.

the second shows what a small group does to all humanity.

ISIS/Al Queda/El Shabab and the rest are allowed to torture the whole world via the media, internet and Social networks yet where is the cry for justice by the Media?

Where is ending their reign of torture upon humanity by blacking out their ability to torture us via the Internet, News media and social networks?

Time to grow some balls people and cut this cancer off. First by cutting off their communication ability then by marching in and killing every last one.

edit on 14-12-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
People should be concerned no matter who's committing the crimes. There shouldn't be a huge focus on US torture when the torture happening in other parts of the world are in the open and bragged about. There should be a gigantic focus on all the torture, from all parts of the planet.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Really - you want a definition of torture??

How about this then -

PART I

Article 1
1. For the purposes of this Convention, the term "torture" means any
act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is
intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or
a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a
third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or
intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on
discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at
the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or
other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or
suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.
- UN convention on torture, etc

signed by the US in 1998, ratified in 1994 (see the link to signatures & ratifications on the source page)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

BUT MOM!!!! THEY DID IT FIRST!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

But to let groups Like ISIS have access to the Internet and Social networks to post videos of beheading people with pocket knives and swords in the name of their so called god now that is mass Psyoptic torture against all Humanity.

this shows what a small group does to all humanity.

No it doesn't. I'm a part of humanity and have never seen a beheading video. Is anyone forcing you to watch that stuff? No.

This may surprise you, but only a small portion of humanity is plugged into the internet.

If you were paid to come on here and rile people up to fight, which makes more sense than you actually believing what you said, you really suck at your job.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You kids shut your mouths or so help me God I will nuke this planet from orbit!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

this shows what a small group does to all humanity.

No it doesn't. I'm a part of humanity and have never seen a beheading video. Is anyone forcing you to watch that stuff? No.

This may surprise you, but only a small portion of humanity is plugged into the internet.

If you were paid to come on here and rile people up to fight, which makes more sense than you actually believing what you said, you really suck at your job.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Taupin Desciple

I've never seen a beheading either. And I agree with the rest of your post.

NO to censorship!
Leave the internet alone!

Instead of CONTROLLING what we can see hear or read, we should remove those who create the desire for war!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Better then you turning the car around !!!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul
Really - you want a definition of torture??

How about this then -

PART I

Article 1
1. For the purposes of this Convention, the term "torture" means any
act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental, is
intentionally inflicted on a person for such purposes as obtaining from him or
a third person information or a confession, punishing him for an act he or a
third person has committed or is suspected of having committed, or
intimidating or coercing him or a third person, or for any reason based on
discrimination of any kind, when such pain or suffering is inflicted by or at
the instigation of or with the consent or acquiescence of a public official or
other person acting in an official capacity. It does not include pain or
suffering arising only from, inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions.
- UN convention on torture, etc

signed by the US in 1998, ratified in 1994 (see the link to signatures & ratifications on the source page)

Jesus you surprised me tonight, star and thanks for the link.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Torture then...i agree that my people did not ask to see such barbarity...we simply have to watch it. And we cry.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Torture is loving someone with all your heart and them making you the bad guy so they get away guilt free.

And waterboarding. And Dick Meat Sammiches, according to Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - I don't dispute that either.

And also, Justin bieber.

In fact, Everything is
*cries into glass*

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Why should we be bound by the Geneva Convention when in these modern days thousands of innocent lives may be taken because we didn't pull out the fingernails of one terrorist? I really don't understand the liberal logic on this issue. It doesn't make much sense unless it is the rules for some board game or tenets of a religion. In real life, it is a loser's position.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
Torture is loving someone with all your heart and them making you the bad guy so they get away guilt free.

And waterboarding. And Dick Meat Sammiches, according to Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay - I don't dispute that either.

And also, Justin bieber.

In fact, Everything is
*cries into glass*

Correct, life can be torturous to some due to the lives of others.

Look at western societies and how they are run via globalism, so much variety for us in the richer countries, 100 types of cheese to choose from at the supermarket, and that is just one type of cheese that come with 100 different labels not actually 100 types of cheese.

Cars resigned every few years, more and more variety so to keep the crowds happy or confused with so many choices when in other countries children die by the 1000s daily so globalization can create wars where their needed to have cheap resources to keep the voting crowds in the richer countries happy and docile.

What is torture?

the mindset of much of humanity that has so much to choose from is torture to me but I ma one of those that has so many choices, a hypocrite in other words.

Life is torture.
edit on 15-12-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I dunno? Maybe because it's bogus and usually leads to false info? I know I'd give up anything you wanted to hear if it would stop the waterboarding

thehill.com... og/homeland-security/226866-experienced-interrogator-torture-doesnt-work

www.nytimes.c... om/interactive/2014/12/08/world/does-torture-work-the-cias-claims-and-what-the-committee-found.html?_r=0

www.theguardian.com...

www.washingtonpost.com... 12/13/AR2007121301303_2.html

Or maybe we can stop this Murica is better rhetoric and actually BE better...you know...that whole humanity thing

it rarely works and is insidious at best

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Here is a simple answer:

Which would you rather your flag stood for?

Honesty,intergrity, moral high ground,hunmanity and the rights of man?

Or

The blood of those who lack power,the down trodden,the ignorant,the weak,the cruel.

The choice as Americans is ours to make on how we want our flag to be seen and what it represents. We CAN NOT take the moral high ground and tout our 'exceptionalism' when we are engaged in nefarious ventures,torture,over throwing of governments, lying,cheating,stealing........

um, wait up here. Never mind.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
It seems some Americans on this site won't be happy until they have reduced theIr own countries moral standing to that of ISIS. That to me is a strange concept. Will you not be happy until Americans start lopping muslims heads off in the Middle East. To prove your just as badass. Wouldn't it be better to maybe take the moral high ground over ISIS techniques of terror. Water boarding and torture are bad enough for a country that claims to be a shining beacon on the hill. Why the desperation to be on the same level as Isis. What would make you any better than those sick mo fos. In fact it would make you worse, but if that's what you want. Just don't go around trying to play any moral high ground or complain when your citizens find themselves being executed and tortured.
edit on 15-12-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join