It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Republicans and Democrats Really The Same?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I'm always hearing that both parties are really one in the same, but is there any real truth to the argument?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: shadowmyst
I'm always hearing that both parties are really one in the same, but is there any real truth to the argument?

Keep voting for one or the other!

See if it makes a difference!

Hopefully, you'll have enough time to figure it out.............

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They are,and they aren't.

Clear ideological differences exist.

ALL American Politics can be summed up as the pot calling the kettle.

Every single issue.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shadowmyst

Who just rammed through the CRomnibus spending bill that funds Obamacare and Amnesty for illegal aliens and just about everything else the Dems wanted?

I'll give you a hint. His First name is John and his last name is Boehner. Admittedly this is on the heels of one of the biggest midterm election turnovers in decades at least....so maybe he thought that Americans Wanted to fund the very things most of them ran on being against. It would make no sense at all to push this out to when the fully Republican controlled House and Senate could wield some some leverage, would it?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shadowmyst

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes they are. Every four years people vote and they're still oppressed. Both "parties" are responsible for this mess.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Regardless of the political party, they are not in charge except for the surface stuff. Above them and you can argue over how high that may go, is the real architects of how our world is to be not run, but changed. Obama made a stab at really turning the tables on the existing status quo. His efforts have not only fallen flat, but have created a backlash that was to be expect to some extent as the world is changed but has set the whole process of the "change" planned into freefall.

Or so it would seem from the election where the average citizen is not happy with his handiwork. Yet the high-level politicians have their marching orders and thy will of the unseen forces will be done on earth as in "heaven."

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
When they are kicked out of office they head for " K " Street to be a Lobbyist.

That's where the real money is being made.

When they kick the new guy out. The old guy returns to Political Office.

"Then Repeat"

This is a F-Ed up cycle where they siphon ever last nickel off hard working American's.
edit on 14-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The higher the levels, the more similarities.

Federal Level = 60%-75%

State = 35%-50%

Local County and City = 10%

The big differences are in the lower levels of government.

The big cities are a clear example.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The higher the levels, the more similarities.

Federal Level = 60%-75%

State = 35%-50%

Local County and City = 10%

The big differences are in the lower levels of government.

The big cities are a clear example.

The reason I ask is because someone was arguing with me that both parties are not the same and that the left vs right paradigm is nothing more than an Alex Jones invention. I was accused of being an AJ kool-aid drinking fan!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You should tell that person the two parties existed way before AJ ever came into existence.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

The way I see it:

Libertarians are the "Right of Center" beginning. And they vary "Right" all the way to true genuine Conservative as Right sided Libertarian.

It's all about the levels of Authoritarianism.

Higher level "Republicans" are Left of Center. Lower level "Republicans" are into the Libertarian side levels.

Democrats generally at all levels are Left of Center.

Anything Authoritarian is Left Wing.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We have been over this many times. Authoritarianism is not exclusive to Leftist ideologies. In fact, we can see that it is Right-Wing authortarianism that drives a big part of the republican/"conservative agenda these days.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.[1]

Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people such as political dissidents and ethnic minorities. These constraints might include restrictions on immigration, limits on free speech and association and laws regulating moral behaviour. It is the willingness to support or take action that leads to increased social uniformity that makes right-wing authoritarianism more than just a personal distaste for difference. Right-wing authoritarianism is characterized by obedience to authority, moral absolutism, racial and ethnic prejudice, and intolerance and punitiveness towards dissidents and deviants

Sound familiar? Immigration, gay marriage, legislating morality? That is what the right-wing has become.

In giving us the example of authoritarianism, you have highlighted the major difference between the two parties. The democrats cater to big money and special interests, making them practically worthless. The Right does it as well, but they also wish to use the power of government to "sterilize" the country in to being only what they wish it to be.

That....is the difference between the two parties.

Source
edit on 12/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: xuenchen

We have been over this many times. Authoritarianism is not exclusive to Leftist ideologies. In fact, we can see that it is Right-Wing authortarianism that drives a big part of the republican/"conservative agenda these days.

Right-wing authoritarianism (RWA) is a personality and ideological variable studied in political, social, and personality psychology. Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.[1]

Right-wing authoritarians want society and social interactions structured in ways that increase uniformity and minimize diversity. In order to achieve that, they tend to be in favour of social control, coercion, and the use of group authority to place constraints on the behaviours of people such as political dissidents and ethnic minorities. These constraints might include restrictions on immigration, limits on free speech and association and laws regulating moral behaviour. It is the willingness to support or take action that leads to increased social uniformity that makes right-wing authoritarianism more than just a personal distaste for difference. Right-wing authoritarianism is characterized by obedience to authority, moral absolutism, racial and ethnic prejudice, and intolerance and punitiveness towards dissidents and deviants

Sound familiar? Immigration, gay marriage, legislating morality? That is what the right-wing has become.

In giving us the example of authoritarianism, you have highlighted the major difference between the two parties. The democrats cater to big money and special interests, making them practically worthless. The Right does it as well, but they also wish to use the power of government to "sterilize" the country in to being only what they wish it to be.

That....is the difference between the two parties.

Source

Is it really a difference or a tool of division?

Considering the division in this country currently and the opposite polarities of the 2 parties, how can we not look at how it might be a tool used to continue the power granted by authority?

The 2 party system has evolved into nothing more than a divisive tool to divide, yet we as a people beg them to unite us!

How the hell does that exactly work, or even make any damn sense?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Instead of voting between Democrats and Republicans, we should just have Vermont and New Hampshire go to war and decide it once and for all.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes, I believe it is a huge difference in the overall mindset of the people within the party and the approach they take towards issues.

I think the Democrats are wrong on many, if not most, issues but I do not see the same sort of extremism within the party as I do the Right.

Not only does the Right want to win elections and have control of the government, they also want to push their social agenda that, in the end, stifles individual liberties of those that do not necessarily live the same lifestyles or believe in the same things.

The Democrats push social agendas, but they tend to fall on the pro-liberty side. The Right wing just wants to tell us what we cannot do.
edit on 12/14/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The difference between a head cold ( the democrats and cancer( the GOP).

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
a reply to: seeker1963

Yes, I believe it is a huge difference in the overall mindset of the people within the party and the approach they take towards issues.

I think the Democrats are wrong on many, if not most, issues but I do not see the same sort of extremism within the party as I do the Right.

Not only does the Right want to win elections and have control of the government, they also want to push their social agenda that, in the end, stifles individual liberties of those that do not necessarily live the same lifestyles or believe in the same things.

The Democrats push social agendas, but they tend to fall on the pro-liberty side. The Right wing just wants to tell us what we cannot do.

But aren't they all like the charismatic preacher that promises life ever after if only you can dig deep enough in your heart to give your last penny for salvation???

Sorry, but as much as I see you trying to find the difference between the two, I just don't see it. Their purpose is to divide the populous so that they retain their power over all of us!

Freedom is a simple concept to understand for even the most simplest of minds. Politics, does nothing more than make opposing teams that want to take away each others freedoms!

What's the end game when you have a playing field laid out like that?

Freedom for no one, except those who rule and know what's best for everyone!

Not sure about how you feel, but my feelings are if your not hurting anyone, or stealing from another, then not only should I not have a say in what you do, neither should the government!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Mostly sourced from a Left Wing author.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Two cheeks on the same butt.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join