It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those that love Bacon i give you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

I gotta wonder how thick that bacon would be. I'm sure wild hog fat varies during the season (how thick the belly is to make bacon with), but around these parts the wild animals are usually pretty lean.. granted there isn't much if any cold weather they need to fatten up for, and wild hogs here tend to stay in the mossy forest areas eating acorns and rooting around.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

A mate of mine told me about Bacon Jam a couple of years ago , of course I thought he was on a wind up until he bought a pot around for me to try.

One sniff told me it was something I didn't want to put on my bread

And it's made with prize winning Oinkers.

edit on 15-12-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Bacon jam oh yes.
My nipper a few years ago bought me a bacon car fresh smelly,I would go to work and be drooling by the time i got to the cafe. Smoked bacon best smell in the world.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Don't they also add water to store bacon to make it plumper? I think that's one of the reasons it "spits" so much when you fry it.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You are correct,Years ago when you bought bacon smoked it really was smoked,now they add a enhancement or essence of the smoke effect.
When you fry bacon now it shrinks to half size and you have that whitish residue that comes out.
I know its a bit more expensive but use a butchers for your bacon much better than the supermarket rubbish.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daavin
here a little golden nugget let the bacon fat cool and turn into lard then smear it all over your christmas trukey as you would butter. Makes the skin nice and crispy and gives a subtle bacon flavour to the bird.... YUM

Will try that,but i think what i will do where the cavity is, i will pull the skin up get my hand between the bird and skin and try to put some bacon fat in there along with the butter,I always freeze the butter easier to push in,then cover the bird with bacon wrap in foil and sit and stare at the oven for the next few hours.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Don't they also add water to store bacon to make it plumper? I think that's one of the reasons it "spits" so much when you fry it.

It's pretty common practice to do that depending on the company. Injecting water to bacon, ham, etc... Or adding more ice (again water) when making sausages is common as well for companies/people wanting to make extra money by cutting corners for more weight

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
A bit off topic, but salami is also great! Especially homemade and hot smoked, then aged and maybe an edible mold added!

All pre-smoked images

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

I belong to PETA (People for the Eating of Tasty Animals).

The lowly hog is KING of the Tasty Animals!

Pork Chops, Bacon, BBQ pork, Pork Ribs! Oh MY!

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Tenderloin, jowls, fat back, pork belly, pork rinds, etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: bbracken677

Tenderloin, jowls, fat back, pork belly, pork rinds, etcetera, etcetera, ad infinitum.

I just ate my friends homemade pork blood sausage with most all the internal organs in it. Delicious, and best served as a cold cut, because well, blood and fat is the thickener and doesn't stay firm warm.

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: KROandSOTV
a reply to: rickymouse

Unfortunately i went to America on holiday once.I got served what you call bacon served for breakfast,i may aswell of bought a packet of scratchings.
You crumble bacon?
Oh yeah its that crappy streaky bacon that you cook and serve like a packet of frazzles crisps.
I suggest you try proper bacon thick cut smoked and its called back bacon.

What the English call bacon, is what the Americans call "Canadian Bacon" -- it's really like a ham.

Canadian Bacon is delicious, but it's more expensive than "streaky" (?) American bacon.

Anyway, I lovelove our American bacon crispy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join