It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dick cheney says he would torture again

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Dick Cheney gave an unflinching defense of he CIA's post-9/11 torture program on "Meet the Press" on Sunday, dismissing criticisms of the program's forced rectal feedings, waterboarding and deaths. "It worked. It absolutely did work," said Cheney, a driving force behind the George W. Bush administration's use of harsh tactics in response to the 9/11 attacks. The Senate report on the interrogation program details forced rectal feedings that were medically unnecessary. But on Sunday, Cheney said the feedings were done for "medical reasons." The former vice president showed little remorse for the dozens of prisoners who were found to have been wrongfully detained, for the man who died in the program, or for people like Khaled El-Masri -- a German citizen who was shipped off to Afghanistan and sodomized in a case of mistaken identity. "I'd do it again in a minute," said Cheney. He also spoke repeatedly of how the program was justified to get the "bastards" who perpetrated the 9/11 attacks.

good ole tricky dick
i know there has been a lot of talk about this since the reports came out.

personally, im not anti torture but that does not mean i am pro torture either.

i really cant decide how i feel. parts of me want to believe all the people will confess to anything bit but another parts thinks that yeah, you will confess to anything to make it stop but if you do in fact know what they want to know, you will tell them.

cheney is clearly an asshole....

comments like

I'm more concerned with bad guys who got out and released than I am with a few that, in fact, were innocent," Cheney said.

edit on 14-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ahhh! Well all is forgiven then Dick!

Enjoy the billions you made, killing, murdering and destroying. You worked hard, you deserve it.

Don't worry, you are not a psychopath!

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
That last quote says it all about this Shaytan.

How this guy ever got into power in a "Democracy"... That's the real conundrum.
You lot have yourselves to thank for that.

You lot being those who give him backing, not Americans in general.

Psycho.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
dick by name, dickhead by nature.

link   
a reply to: Grovit

Of course he he would. He's a f###ing psychopath.

link   
The truth is it just shows how sadistic a person he is, torture is
useless as a means of getting correct and accurate information.
The reasons you stated have and always will apply, i mean come
on, the catholic church sure found allot of witches and demons
that way but oddly enough we find hide nor hair of them these
days.

I get people don't know what to do about some of the threats
that exist in this world, but torture just because we need
to react is pointless and just wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes

A SNL News update last night did a brief report on this. They said that Cheney called the report a bunch of hooey and then, continued, (punch line coming) that the report's description of torture, "barely got me hard". One small gem in an otherwise dreary show.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

dick cheney says he would torture again

Of course he would.

He's part of the Reptilians that run the Earth.

edit on 14-12-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I'd like to see Cheney water boarded for a while, maybe get some answers about 9/11, amongst other interesting topics. Maybe a little scopolamine cocktail first.

You know, since he's into that sort of thing

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

He may or may not be. But he certainly operates primarily using the R-Complex, I.e. the reptilian brain.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

lol

Good ol' dick, always rising to the occasion.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Of course he did. I imagine if Cheney was on social media and saw an article like this, his comment would be something like "10/10 would torture again".

I love the idea of "Plausible deniability" which to me is just a way of letting certain people off the hook by claiming ignorance, when most of us know damn well that they knew all along. Or someone very close to them knew (such as Cheney with Bush).

Obama knows, he always has. FOR GODS SAKE, we made a movie called Zero Dark Thirty that put it all right out there! I'm not saying it was 100% factual, but it had to be pretty close to what's really going on. If I recall they even had a scene in an Area 51 hangar with Special Forces...(Chris Pratt as well, for fans of him).

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I can't believe some of the people allowed to lead our country. I suppose they are just doing what they know best. The country locks up many people for a lot less.
edit on 12/14/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Ugh to think this man was advising good ole george.
No wonder we went into a useless war.
So tired of seeing this man on TV spewing his garbage.
He is just so smug and nonchalant when he speaks about this kind of stuff.

This man would turn the ME to glass if given the chance.
ETA: I lied, he would need his company interests to make the most off their resources first, and then turn it to glass when it is tapped.
edit on thSun, 14 Dec 2014 13:49:43 -0600America/Chicago1220144380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I watched that interview this morning. Dick also said that Saddam Hussein had a 10 year connection to Al Queda.

For the life of me, I can not recall this.

But I do recall that the US supporting Bin Laden in that lil Russian/Afghanistan thingy back in the day.

(post by Rosinitiate removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BerenstEiner

I watched that interview this morning. Dick also said that Saddam Hussein had a 10 year connection to Al Queda.

Maybe 10 years of not letting them gain a foot hold in his country.

There probably is some connection, but didn't seem like they were a real issue until we destabilized that region.

We created the void, and we are fighting to fill it with other people

(post by nwtrucker removed for political trolling and baiting)
(post by Maxpower0001 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: bitsforbytes

A SNL News update last night did a brief report on this. They said that Cheney called the report a bunch of hooey and then, continued, (punch line coming) that the report's description of torture, "barely got me hard". One small gem in an otherwise dreary show.

One wonders if a forced 'anal feeding' would?
edit on 14-12-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join