It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian jet in near collision with airliner near Sweden....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

As if US jets don't "Squawk Silent", too.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: noeltrotsky

How do you think you IMPROVE military readiness? You TRAIN. These flights incorporate training as well as intelligence gathering. They simulate weapons attacks, formation flying, inflight refueling, long range navigation, and many other things you need to be proficient in to fight a war.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What part of that post did you not understand?

Here, let me say it again to make it clear since you ignored most of what I said.

It doesn't matter if it's an AMERICAN, Russian, Chinese, or ANYONE ELSE. It's a flat STUPID thing to do.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
www.cbc.ca...

Russian subs off the coast being hunted by the Swedish navy, now this.....
I think the Ukraine war is set to bring in some peripherals should this kind of action persist.......
Ex Cath.....has been keeping us posted, but nobody seems to be listening but russophiles.....

I wont argue how stupid this is, cause it is! But, the swedes themself, are saying they dont know how close this plane actually was, to the airliner.. The people onboard didnt notice anything, but the media is blowing this out of porportions... Look it up, if you dont believe me. The first news that came out, said it was an unindefied plane, with the transponder turned off, somewhere around the same fightpath as the airliner, it quickly turned in to "Russian jet in near collision with airliner near Sweden...."

Stupid? Yes it is, but that is no excuse for us to be stupid asswell...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Cat and mouse cat and mouse everybody gets a turn.......
I hesitate to consider the Russian military all bluff.....as regards shadowing airliners with stealth craft...well why would you use something visible?
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I think this kind of wargaming is what those pesky ruskies would come up with....They don't think like neocons....a little more subtle maybe?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: stirling

They aren't all bluff. They've been under funded, under trained, and subject to corruption for years. They're in the process of correcting it but it takes time.

These types of flights are performed by just about everyone with the capability to do it. They usually only make the news on slow news days.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well, after all, it does make good propaganda doesn't it?
Still and all....don't underestimate Russian military ingenuity....or determination, much less their brutality.....

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

A Russian military jet nearly collided with a commercial passenger airplane in international airspace near southern Sweden on Friday,

Nearly collided, near Sweden, nearly causing a crash and fatalities, nearly like MH17 which the Russians are nearly blamed again for every new "incident".

There was no collision, nor was their any intent to cause one. The traffic controllers prevented it. Because it was a "Russian" jet though, nearly everyone overreacts to it.

The only thing this being a Russian jet matters if for people like you who will defend it, because it's Russian. If it was American everyone would denounce it as incredibly stupid and dangerous.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
No everybody thinks its stupid and dangerous no matter who does it.....we do try to deny ignorance....

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The correct wording of the thread should be:

Russian jet near collision with DANISH airliner just outside DANISH airspace.

The russian ambassador in Denmark is having to account for the actions of the russian military to the Danish department of Foreign affairs right this moment.

- I have this morning decided to call in the Russian ambassador for a formel talk in the Department of Foreign affairs, Martin Lidegaard says.
- It is of course completely injust that civilian lives are being jeopardized this way. I hope we can reach an agreement with the russians about limiting this form of flying in the area, he says.

edit on 15-12-2014 by IWasHereEonsAgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A lot of the comments on the article state that the 2 aircraft were separated by 70Km, that is hardly worrying or cause for all the fuss. Of course, even if this were true, why waste a good opportunity for bashing the Russians again and ramping up paranoia and fear!

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
A lot of the comments on the article state that the 2 aircraft were separated by 70Km, that is hardly worrying or cause for all the fuss. Of course, even if this were true, why waste a good opportunity for bashing the Russians again and ramping up paranoia and fear!

Yep... cold war mentality. It's appalling.

I fear the western governments more than I fear the Russians to be honest. The American establishment has time and time again shown itself to be an enemy of humity rather than the policeman it tries to appear as.
EU is no better, alas with a much weaker spine.

The incident did indeed happen, but apparently these Russian flights happen a lot.

I'm not ATC so I can't say wether 70km is close or not... I would say that near collision the Norwegian fighter pilot had with a larger plane was more severe.

We just can't allow ourselves to get sucked into all this hammering on war drums.

Just like nothing happened (or... everything happened according to plan) back in the 60s nothing will happen now.

But fear and war drums are so damn great at affecting the economy and keep our gaze fixed somewhere else than at the real problems.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

One comment I saw said that, and the source is RT (Russia).

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

True... I just looked it up and both the Danish and Swedish media reports that the two planes were separated with far less than 9 kilometres which is the safety distance for two airplanes.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IWasHereEonsAgo

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

True... I just looked it up and both the Danish and Swedish media reports that the two planes were separated with far less than 9 kilometres which is the safety distance for two airplanes.

It was not as bad as the last incident involving Russia, but not really smart of them.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The only thing this being a Russian jet matters if for people like you who will defend it, because it's Russian.

Theres nothing to defend, "the Russians" didn't do anything "wrong"… lol.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

You don't think flying with the transponder off near commercial planes is wrong?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think some are into Russia bashing right now, generating grist for the war mill. I've been witness to this my entire life. The 'red menace' was used as an excuse to invade Korea and Vietnam. We didn't "win" there either.

Focusing on "violations of air space" is just a ruse.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Wow. So in the interest of not Russia bashing they're allowed to do whatever they want and get a free pass.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

This event is overblown. Plenty of 'near misses' are averted all the time and not reported. As far as "free passes", the real aggressor in Eastern Europe right now is NATO.

But do carry on about the naughty Russians.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join