It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bodies: the exhibition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
anyone ever been? there was an exhibit in cleveland 4 years ago and i didnt go and i still kick myself for it.
this looks so friggin cool.

en.wikipedia.org...:_The_Exhibition

Bodies… The Exhibition is an exhibition showcasing preserved human bodies dissected to display bodily systems. It opened in Tampa, Florida on August 20, 2005.[1] It is similar to, though not affiliated with, the exhibition Body Worlds (which opened in 1995). The exhibit displays internal organs and organic systems, bodies staged in active poses, and fetuses in various stages of development.

The exhibit is set up so that one starts at the skeletal system, and more layers (muscular, nervous, circulatory, digestive, respiratory, urinary, and reproductive systems; as well as fetal development and the treated body) are added in successive rooms.

and the coolest part

each exhibition uses real human bodies that have been preserved permanently by a process called "polymer preservation" so that they will not decay....The company received the cadavers for research from the Chinese government, who donated them because all the bodies at the time of death had no close next of kin or immediate families to claim the bodies

and of course to the BS part

Concerns have been raised about the provenance of the bodies[4] and the ethics of viewing human remains, especially for children and Catholics.[5][6][8][10] In an editorial, Lutheran Reverend Christoph Reiners questioned the effect on the values of children

i think its cool. they show clean lungs and polluted lungs from smokers...things like that
sounds super cool to me and if it ever comes around here again im going for sure.

www.bodyworlds.com...

they have an animals exhibit too

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
These are so cool. Some may think it macabre, but to get a real look at the human body and the way it works, is fascinating.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

yeah, people flip out.
its super awesome though

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I've always been interested in this exhibit, and like you missed my chance to see it

There is just something about the human body that has always fascinated me..it's amazing how our bodies are literally a micro universe which we still to this day don't fully understand.
edit on 14-12-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

it is fascinating.
this is a really cool way to show the inner workings of sorts of the body.
more like an inner map.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We saw this when it was in NYC.

Very cool and certainly worth a visit if the exhibit comes to your home town.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Had chance to see it a few years ago .. good exhibit also good educational presentation ... well worth it if you ever get the chance to see it.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

it would have been great to see Saddam or Bin Laden in this plasticised form.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
it would have been great to see Saddam or Bin Laden in this plasticised form.

Hell, Dear Leader wont even let us see him in his photographic form.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reminds me of Hellraiser. Do these come alive at night seeking victims to reanimate by?

Lol, just as macabre as that pic of them playing poker.

Are any of them holding "Aces and Eights"?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

My Mom & younger sister saw this exhibit when it came to Vancouver, B.C, Canada. I think it would be neat to see

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Saw these last summer. Very cool but depending on which way you look at it, logically or morally it can be questionable. Personally I thought these would make exceptional tools for learning physiology, perils of disease and so on but to make money off them seems wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

There's also some similar ones, such as Body Worlds

I'm seriously considering becoming a donor for one of these exhibitions. Seems like a much cooler way to go than just rotting in the ground...Or getting cut up by some Med student. Why not become a work of art?
edit on 14-12-2014 by bhornbuckle75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

i like the idea of donating myself to the body farm

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I saw this several years ago, and I went with my daughter who was about 10. To me, it was very disturbing. I realize the educational part is really amazing, but I just felt their eyes staring at me, so I guess I couldnt see them as soulless, and I know its not even reasonable, but I just felt somehow some of their spirits were still hanging around. And I felt like they were frozen in a horrid prison. So, I wouldnt go see it again, but I think everyone takes something different from the experience. It haunted me for awhile.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I saw a similar exhibit, not sure it was exactly the same, in Myrtle Beach a few years ago. It was incredibly fascinating. While not for everyone, I thought it marvelous.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I went to it once in Houston was a great experience, saw those dudes playing poker, a goalie, a flayed wizard on a horse, all sorts of stuff.

top topics

join