It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rarely Do I Get This Emotional - America, If You Can't Care For Your Soldiers - Stop Fighting Damne

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As most of you know, verbosity is one of my curses. Not here. Not now.

Others of you may know that I just spent 12 months of my life not too far removed from what you are about to watch, and the way that this situation effects our veterans crushes my soul and flat out, unapolegetically, pisses me off.

Watch this video and please let the message sink in - if you don't care for the music, mute it and read.

To every single one of you who has walked in harms way so that me and mine have not had to - thank you. Sincerely, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

To those who take every chance they can to belittle those who have served - shut the Hell up long enough to thank them for fighting for your right to do so.

When it is all said and done - it does not matter what powerful jerk sent troops to fight wars for no rational reason. What matters is that ours ( it does not matter what nation you come from ) heeded the call and risked all.
edit on 12/13/14 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I support the troops. But I don't support their orders.

So I don't confuse anyone. Say a troop is sent out to fight in the middle of nowhere. I don't like fighting and putting people in danger for political reasons but I'll support their safety and morale.

Those in the armed forces most certainly risked it, risked everything so yeah they should be respected and not dumped in VA hospitals or living on the streets. The average citizen's guts extends to road rage and internet bashing, someone actually willing to be in real danger is rare.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The video is not working can you post the link?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NotMoose

Fixed the video - sorry. Posted it while thinking about my father - who went through two wars ( Korea and Nam ).

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

one of my favorite bands.

FWIW, i think we should give Vets 100% free medical and mental health care. And I think we should bring every soldier home, worldwide, with a staged process obviously.

Great thread. Great video.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think about my friend stationed in N. Carolina who just finished basic, and is going to complete advanced basic training to become a navy seal.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I don't support them in any way or form these days. They are terrorists. They sighed up for it. They should have been smart enough to know the history of it all. The USA never took care of it's vets properly. They fought agent orange problems for decades. Experimented on them with chem and biological s. They fight syndromes from the first Iraq war when the USA exposed some soldiers to chemicals they used on others and denies it to this day. They fight the problems they have from exposure to the depleted uranium they use in munitions. They don't care. Why would someone sign up? Unless you have a low IQ and did not know any better, i do not feel sorry for you.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   

No preson should have to go through it.
Yes give our vets great treatment, the same great treatment we should give everyone else.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

I doubt veterans want your judgment, pity, nor broad based assumptions about their intelligence. Yet, still, it is because of them that you can have those opinions, so at least respect that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: roth1

I don't think anyone is asking for your pity. But I do think they deserve respect. What would happen if war came to our shores tomorrow and nobody had bothered to enlist because of all the things you mentioned? They couldn't draft everyone and have them prepared fast enough.

They are used in some of the most foul ways. I have 2 nephews actively (not to mention my father, grandfathers, uncles, etc.) serving now and 1 that just left for private contracting work... I get it. I've seen how they were treated. BUT the troops do not only serve off shores in other wars. The guard is called in many times for many things. And the troops may well wind up protecting us all one day... Here. Right here. If folks do not enlist, we can not count on that protection when we might need it most.

A double edged sword so to speak.

Anybody that has served should never want for anything as far as a home, medical care and food. To ask someone to be ready to forfeit their life any time the phone might ring only to treat them like sh!!te when you are done with them is so far beyond disgusting, there are no words.

So yes... They do deserve respect IMO.

We live in a country where you are not required to give it (respect) and I'm sure they'd fight for your right to continue to do so if the ability to end it happened to land on our doorstep tomorrow.

I know you don't agree and I know there are many more that don't as well, I'm just trying to state the other side is all.

edit on 12/14/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
I don't support them in any way or form these days. They are terrorists. They sighed up for it. They should have been smart enough to know the history of it all. The USA never took care of it's vets properly. They fought agent orange problems for decades. Experimented on them with chem and biological s. They fight syndromes from the first Iraq war when the USA exposed some soldiers to chemicals they used on others and denies it to this day. They fight the problems they have from exposure to the depleted uranium they use in munitions. They don't care. Why would someone sign up? Unless you have a low IQ and did not know any better, i do not feel sorry for you.

My friends dad helped build the microchip back in the day when they lived in Cali. He is the epitome of privilege, but also very hard working. He graduated honors B.A law degree at a tough university we both went to. He lived in a loft all 4 years, had a car, and dads credit card. He got any girl he wanted because he worked really hard not because he was rich (great wingman too). I thought he'd be a politician or lawyer. Seriously, he had endless possibilities when he graduated but he enlisted which shocked the s*** out of me.

Why would someone sign up?

I don't know yet. Especially when there are people like you who make really dumb statements like this. You are the one with the low IQ
edit on 14-12-2014 by gorsestar because: maybe not the microchop but something really techy like that

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Firstly let me say that i am not American but Australian . Our countries have fought the same wars since world war one , well apart from going into Panama and the Cuba thing . I find it astounding that if one of your men/or women signs up to defend your country that they can be treated like second class citizens . These people in most cases signed up to what i consider to be a noble cause , the defence of your way of life .The people of your country or more importantly your government don't seem to get this . 5000 suicides a year is absolutely horrendous ,appalling , there are no words . Look after your vets as we do here in Australia , i am not saying we are perfect by any means . This is one Australian who supports our vets , oh and yes i have put my hand into my pocket .

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Thanks for your support, and I also thank those who came before me and those who will come after me. It does not upset me when someone disrespects the flag, nor when they use harsh words to criticize soldiers like me and my friends, however many did cross the line with those that came home from Vietnam, I only wish they had the same reception I have received from many today.

The reason I do not get upset with those who criticize and show disrespect is that I have already agreed to fight for their right to do so, I would be ready to defend them for the rights to speak against those in government, those in power as well as those of us in uniform.

I only hope that because of sacrifices made by our Brothers in past generations, the all too many during Korea, Vietnam, The Gulf War, and the current War on Terror that everyone offers nothing but respect to every nations fighters but of course it will never be, one of the first things one should learn as a soldier is to respect even you enemy and there have been many instances of this respect shown even on the battlefield, but it is usually those not willing to make any sacrifice nor provide any defense to keep the rights they enjoy and owe to the very men and women they criticize that cry about those who will make the sacrifice when asked to do so.

With that said it is indeed a shame that we as one if not the more prosperous country in the world has so many of our Veterans living on the streets, a shame that we have Vets who must wait for health care for injuries resulting from the wars that we have wrought on the world, right or wrong we owe to ALL Veterans the best care we have to offer. We should not have any one hungry unable to provide a home to their families, we should never have to tell a Veterans family they died do to a waiting list or because of political games. We owe to each of our citizens that gave everything to protect the very rights that allow us to criticize the government and protest in the streets at least a simple thank you as that is really all most would want and many not even that. No soldier should ever be left behind, not on the battlefield nor here at home.

edit on 12/14/2014 by DJMSN because: addition

edit on 12/14/2014 by DJMSN because: addition

edit on 12/14/2014 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: gorsestar

Why would someone sign up?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

The Last Letter

A Message to George W. Bush and Dick Cheney From a Dying Veteran

Link

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
War what is it good for absolutely nothing
Ooh rah

Everybody just need to lay down their guns and listen to some bob marley.

I almost made the mistake staying in the army. I was 18 and stupid. Thank Jah i got my mind back on time to see all armies are made off dumb and ignorant people. I ain't fighting nobody's dirty wars

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this up Heff.
My dad was an Army vet. We lived in a shelter for a while, him me and my two brothers. Until they took us away to live with my mom.

Didn't hear from him again until he died of mesothelioma when I was like 16.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It is because of those before them that i have those rights. Not them. Today they don't fight for civil rights or betterment of anything but corporations and gov expansion in this country. None of these wars benefit me at all, nor the majority of the country. I think most of those that started and fought for those things that founded this country back then would be sick and want change or search for the new promised land. a reply to: Hefficide

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
If it were for others landing on our shores. Most people i know would be there without pause. Training? could help some but i need none. Much like the un programed Appalachians fought the best in the revolutionary war. Hunters farmers, gangsters. ect... would build regiments and be helpful as long as we still have the right to own firearms. We have a standing army to protect the country upon a mass invasion. BTW the army learned a lot of new tactic and better ways to fight from them back then. a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The higher IQ don't fight, they have other duties. They do test you for placement. Besides there may have been an agenda i do not know. Bet it wasn't protect the USA though. Even if he though he joined for that. any recent history does not play out that way.Trying to push our politics or steal resources i bet.Some people just blindly support their countries actions. Most peoples favorite sports team they route for is chosen why? Because of where they live not because one is better or supports better causes. Might have just been blind loyalty. All i hear is flag waiving not reason.a reply to: gorsestar

edit on 14-12-2014 by roth1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join