It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Who: It’s Time For a Black, Asian, or Woman Doctor!......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is the most stupid article I've read in a long time. source< br />

The 12th incarnation of Doctor Who might just regenerate into someone who’s Asian, black, or a woman. The Time Lord’s an alien, after all.

LONDON — Peter Capaldi, the 12th Time Lord, says he should not be regenerated into another white man: it is time to diversify the doctor.

Is it just me or is that extremely stupid? To me it screams fake liberalism and reverse racism. You know like how a workplace will hire 'minorities' regardless of the work rate or quality, just to tick a box? Similarly they won't fire that person on most grounds in case it is deemed 'racist'.

This is what I consider fake liberalism. I made this video having a rant about it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TechUnique

Considering the doc has had all kinds of minorities as his right hand man, I don't see why we need to make the doc a minority. It's not as if the entire cast has been lily white since day one or something. I hate this kind of crap. Let's all show how sensitive we are and how advanced we are by having our lead be black! Then we can sit around and pat each other on the back and congratulate each other for being so open minded and inclusive!

Side note: racism is racism. Reverse racism is a made up term

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sure couldn't hurt to try. Gotta be better than him.
I watch Doctor Who more out of habit the season, rather than entertainment. Capaldi just doesn't cut it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's kind of sad that this is what happens. There is nothing racist about Who. Someone says/posts/writes saying why isn't there a whatever Who. Then the spin begins.

Like the other day, had this younger fellow try to tell me that White Christmas is a racist jingle.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is stupid, they already made the Master a woman, why would they do the same thing with the Doctor?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The 12th incarnation of Doctor Who might just regenerate into someone who’s Asian, black, or a woman. The Time Lord’s an alien, after all.

LONDON — Peter Capaldi, the 12th Time Lord, says he should not be regenerated into another white man: it is time to diversify the doctor.

If you read Peter Capaldi's words, he actually never says that "he should not be regenerated into a white man" at all, that is just a spin put on it by the reporting organisation, and yall fell for it.

So it doers not scream "fake" liberalism, it merely traps you into wanting you to accuse Capaldi or the Beeb of that by playing to your own prejudices.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
This is stupid, they already made the Master a woman, why would they do the same thing with the Doctor?

It's political correctness gone mad lmao.

link   
I don't think they should make a special effort to hunt down a minority, or a female, but if one auditions for the role, and they are well capable of playing the doctor. Why not? I don't see any issues with having a female, black or asian doctor.

link   

originally posted by: skalla

If you read Peter Capaldi's words, he actually never says that "he should not be regenerated into a white man" at all, that is just a spin put on it by the reporting organisation, and yall fell for it.

So it doers not scream "fake" liberalism, it merely traps you into wanting you to accuse Capaldi or the Beeb of that by playing to your own prejudices.

I was referring to the article and its take, not directly on the dude.

Read the first line of the OP.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I don't think they should make a special effort to hunt down a minority, or a female, but if one auditions for the role, and they are well capable of playing the doctor. Why not? I don't see any issues with having a female, black or asian doctor.

Of course. I make exactly this point in the video. It's stupid, south park sums it up hilariously with Token the black kid in south park. Gotta love Matt and Trey's social commentary sometimes.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
They could hire Tiger Woods as a cross-dresser as the next Doc.
That should make everyone happy.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
will the tardis face mecca?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that from your vid (which is pretty quiet on the sound level, just a heads up), as you are criticising it on the basis that a minority doctor will happen and the reasons why, and not for a report that is just plain misinformed.
edit on 13-12-2014 by skalla because: typo

originally posted by: TechUnique

originally posted by: boncho

It's political correctness gone mad lmao.

It's just bad reporting and blowing something out of all proportion until it's something else to create a little controversy and get peeps talking about their show and reading their website.

Big fat meh.
edit on 13-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A female Dr. Who? Gawd no. It's gotta' be a quirky English dude. Anything else just wouldn't be right. (and 12 isn't cutting it ... I miss 10 & 11. And I want to drop kick Clara out the Tardis while in flight. I miss Amy and Rory).

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand that from your vid (which is pretty quiet on the sound level, just a heads up), as you are criticising it on the basis that a minority doctor will happen and the reasons why, and not for a report that is just plain misinformed.

You don't seem to understand. This article will reach a LOT of people and will in itself spawn this nonsense into reality. You can watch this sort of stuff happen from the start.

What I'm saying is, now there is social pressure on the issue. Social pressure on a non issue. Social pressure is dangerous, especially when it spawns from complete and utter stupidity.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

You don't seem to understand. This article will reach a LOT of people and will in itself spawn this nonsense into reality. You can watch this sort of stuff happen from the start.

Then shouldn't your OP have been about how inaccurate the article was, and how Peter Capaldi never even said that?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
A female Dr. Who? Gawd no. It's gotta' be a quirky English dude. Anything else just wouldn't be right. (and 12 isn't cutting it ... I miss 10 & 11. And I want to drop kick Clara out the Tardis while in flight. I miss Amy and Rory).

I don't watch Doctor who lol.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Then shouldn't your OP have been about how inaccurate the article was, and how Peter Capaldi never even said that?

The video was about the issue in GENERAL. The stupidity of it. There's not one particular person to blame, as its a societal issue.

Are you trying to be pedantic?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

No, i'm just looking at the article and the actor's words, which don't match up.

Peter Capaldi saying that The Doctor is an Alien, and therefore the role is open to anyone (note: not "it's now open to anyone") is very, very far from "Political Correctness gone mad".

I disagree that it's societal, it's just a crappy website chasing hits.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, i'm just looking at the article and the actor's words, which don't match up.

Peter Capaldi saying that The Doctor is an Alien, and therefore the role is open to anyone (note: not "it's now open to anyone") is very, very far from "Political Correctness gone mad".

I disagree that it's societal, it's just a crappy website chasing hits.

If the website purposefully did it because they knew it would emotionally involve people then it still is a societal issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join