It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seriously cool video of people walking on crystal ice....must watch!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Could be the coolest video I have seen in a long time. I wish I could go somewhere nearby that had this. Anywho....enjoy!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

what a trip.....that looked really cool....i do not think i have ever seen such clean ice....
...thx for posting

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
As an ice skater that had me drooling.

Great vid, Vasa.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

what a trip.....that looked really cool....i do not think i have ever seen such clean ice....
...thx for posting

Yeah...i have never seen anything like that either...i would love to do something like that one day.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: graceunderpressure
As an ice skater that had me drooling.

Great vid, Vasa.

How cool would that be to skatell on? I showed it to my oldest daughter and she really wants me to take her to it...lol.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They were walking quite gingerly, I wonder how thick the ice was?

Absolutely trippy and beautiful. Imagine seeing the lifeforms moving around down there!

I've seen this on the lake in my old back yard where I grew up. Not this level of total clarity but pretty dang close, and the ice was thick. This was during a very cold, and snow lacking beginning of winter.

I actually skated across late at night to meet a friend, only to collide full speed into a mountain bike halfway protruding from the surface. I couldn't blame anybody because I had actually left it there off the opposite bank during the previous spring. IT HURT.

Star and flag, thanks for sharing!

edit on 12-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
They were walking quite gingerly, I wonder how thick the ice was?

Absolutely trippy and beautiful. Imagine seeing the lifeforms moving around down there!

I've seen this on the lake in my old back yard where I grew up. Not this level of total clarity but pretty dang close, and the ice was thick. This was during a very cold, and snow lacking beginning of winter.

I actually skated across late at night to meet a friend, only to collide full speed into a mountain bike halfway protruding from the surface. I couldn't blame anybody because I had actually left it there off the opposite bank during the previous spring. IT HURT.

Star and flag, thanks for sharing!

Had to have been fairly thick because they were out pretty far in the middle it looked like.

I can't stop watching it, and I wish it was a longer video.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Trippy..gave me vertigo just watching it..I guess if it freezes very quickly its clearer?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Trippy..gave me vertigo just watching it..I guess if it freezes very quickly its clearer?

Yeah...I read up on it a bit after I watched it. It happens when the temps are just above freezing and there is no snow, then the temp rapidly drops well below freezing. Snow makes it cloudy from what I read.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ya know whats really cool when a lake freezes like this?

The insane sound the entire lake makes when there is a pressure crack or shift in the ice for any reason.

Also, if you bounce rocks off the surface, they slide forever and make a really trippy sound as well.

Nothing like the cracks though, it's like your own personal frozen mini-quake.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of jumping off a diving board, when the water's still. Can't tell when you're gonna hit.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I once saw these tracks on a frozen lake on our campus. There were geese and swans that lived around that lake, so I guess some of them landed at night and didn't succeed at a water landing

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Nice, love to be there

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not much to say except it obviously looks better in person. There really is not dirt or sand or anything in that lake?

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Could be the coolest video I have seen in a long time. I wish I could go somewhere nearby that had this. Anywho....enjoy!

top topics

join