It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting reported at Portland, Oregon high school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Police say there are at least two victims in a shooting at a Portland, Oregon, school. The police reported the shooting after noon on Friday and said that one or more suspects had fled the Rosemary Anderson High School. Police didn't provide details about the conditions of the victims. It is unclear if the victims were shot. Rosemary Anderson High School is an alternative school that serves at-risk students who were expelled or dropped out, are homeless or single parents. According to the school's website, 190 students annually are enrolled at the north Portland location. The school also has a second location in Gresham.

abcnews.go.com...

A shooting at a Portland, Oregon high school on Friday has left at least two people injured, according to the Associated Press.

rt.com...

Just breaking, shooter still at large..

Two people shot at a high school in #Oregon; shooter(s) still at large. Congrats, @NRA.

twitter.com...
edit on 12-12-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

Congratulations NRA for continuing the fight for individual gun rights and not bowing down to the sickening stench of bribery and corruption.

As for the shooting, congrats to the parents of this kid, it's called a gunsafe. It's called personal responsibility and finding constructive ways to deal with your problems.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If they held parents responsible for their children's actions things like this wouldn't happen.
They should be charged along with the shooter, if, big if, if it was a Gun belonging to the family.

This is gonna be used to blame Gun Activists, predictably.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I applaud anyone who stands up for God given American rights. I wouldn't be silly enough to blame an organization that these individuals have nothing to do with. I would however place blame on the individuals themselves and their parents who don't lock their guns away from their kids.

This school wasn't your typical high school and the students who go there aren't your typical high schoolers. This was school was small, 200 students, and housed at risk kids. I worked at such a school once and they were diagnosed as emotionally disturbed. Most of them had police records and many of these schools are their last stop before going to juvenile hall or prison if they continue to break the law and or go AWOL from school. Many of them were in a gang or wanted to be in a gang and lemme tell you, wanna be gangsta's were the most dangerous of them all.

So don't be silly and blame the NRA, or rap music, it's the parents (which sadly in most cases the parents are nonexistent or worse, they're extremely abusive) and the kid. It's not the NRA.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
If they held parents responsible for their children's actions things like this wouldn't happen.
They should be charged along with the shooter, if, big if, if it was a Gun belonging to the family.

Unless, of course, they are black shooters. Then it will be blamed on gang violence.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Yeah I worked in one in upstate NY, all kids the "regular schools" couldn't handle. I'm waiting to read the kid was an avid gamer, or a hunter or something else.It's always the gun's fault. At this point it's like they want you to believe that guns are totally bad, unless they're in the hands of the police or government...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm sure he was an avid gamer, every kid these days is a gamer. Was he a hunter? I dunno, but if it was a student who did this chances are we'll discover he/they have a violent criminal history. Even if all guns were banned in the US criminals will always be able to get their hands on one.

Who knows, the shooters could very well not be students but had beef with students there. We'll know more as time goes on but if we've learned anything from past school shootings and the media's reports, take everything they report with a grain of salt because they can and will screw the facts up. That is, of course, if this shooting becomes a national media circus, and I don't think it will be.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why is it when a Muslims blow up innocent people or treat women as slaves, it's just a fringe group not the whole Muslim religion, but one idiot with a gun goes on a rampage and he's grouped in with all gun owners?

I got a fiver says he was on antidepressant medication. They alway are.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

So if a butter knife was use instead of a gun? Blame the chef at home?

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

IMO, they'd form political groups and task lobbyists with influencing laws meant to surround butter knife owners in red tape nonsense

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Apples and oranges my friend.

If you own a Gun, and someone in your family takes it and shoots up a school, you should be held responsible.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: canucks555

Congratulations NRA for continuing the fight for individual gun rights and not bowing down to the sickening stench of bribery and corruption.

As for the shooting, congrats to the parents of this kid, it's called a gunsafe. It's called personal responsibility and finding constructive ways to deal with your problems.

Nothing about the potential tragedy by you? All you care about is making a political statement. This one went over your head didn't it? SMH

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Not the fault of the NRA or his mommy and daddy.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Cause usually those saying it will also say it would be great to take the religon, the root cause of the extremism, out of the equation and it might not happen.

Sad day for the families

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

nope the person who took your gun (unauthorized possession)
and committed a crime should be held accountable.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Actually I was parodying the clip in the OP that said congrats @NRA.

new topics

top topics

join