It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Semi-retired president: “I spend most of my time watching ESPN in the morning”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah that Biden is a 'real winner'.

Biden Advises Shooting Shotgun Through Door
edit on 12-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yeah that Biden is a 'real winner'.

Biden Advises Shooting Shotgun Through Door

I tried to post more but yeah!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Imagine that.....another nutbag moron website taking something Obama said out of context to get their brainless readers worked-up about nothing.

He said that he watched ESPN while he WORKED OUT!

So what? Who cares?

Has a section of the right-wing gone full retard?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You mean this?
Why does no one use the source?

Field and Stream

F&S: What about the other uses, for self-defense and target practice?

V.P. BIDEN: Well, the way in which we measure it is—I think most scholars would say—is that as long as you have a weapon sufficient to be able to provide your self-defense. I did one of these town-hall meetings on the Internet and one guy said, “Well, what happens when the end days come? What happens when there’s the earthquake? I live in California, and I have to protect myself.”

I said, “Well, you know, my shotgun will do better for you than your AR-15, because you want to keep someone away from your house, just fire the shotgun through the door.” Most people can handle a shotgun a hell of a lot better than they can a semiautomatic weapon in terms of both their aim and in terms of their ability to deter people coming. We can argue whether that’s true or not, but it is no argument that, for example, a shotgun could do the same job of protecting you. Now, granted, you can come back and say, “Well, a machine gun could do a better job of protecting me.” No one’s arguing we should make machine guns legal.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Could have fooled me as bash obama thread pop up every 5 minutes on ATS.

Yes obama is a # president and he gets discused.

Your bff bush was a # president as he set alot crap rolling like the patriot act. He gets discussed

Clinton was a # president too

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
its funny how republicans voted to pass a new bailout on top of letting people
Give up to 350 000 in electoral donation, 10x the ammount that used to be law,
Not one peep from the right wing haters.

Both sides have sold out to big money.

I trully feel sorry for the average joe.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

Wow, just wow.

Not only is that a terrible argument, it is so juvenille that it makes Biden beating up some punk kid seem like maturity.

Just grow up Neo.

LOL
It is getting silly. Where's Buzz Aldrin when you need him? It must be a quiet time for US politics right now, so maybe a bit of OBAMABASHING is to be expected. There's even a creepy Illuminati website thread going on here now, with an esoteric picture of Obama featured on the 'official' Illuminati video, from the 'official' Illuminati website..blah blah.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

We might as well save ATS some time and start bashing potential Presidents for things they havent done yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I had no idear these were 'moron' websites:

www.businessinsider.com...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

money.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Think of America like a sinking fleet. The leader is the flagship. So Obama is the leader. I admit, he's a puppet following orders from upper levels who in turn follow orders, etc but America has seen all its crises come to a head during his administration. Though both levels are complicit in its downfall, America cannot deny that the accelerated pace towards the inevitable impact with the fan has gotten worse. Under his "rule".

He's disconnected from the issues affecting everyday people.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I had no idear these were 'moron' websites:

www.businessinsider.com...

www.realclearpolitics.com...

money.cnn.com...

What did those sites include, except for RCP, in their coverage of the story that your OP's source did not?

They put it in context and said that he watched ESPN while he worked-out.

Don't you think that is important and that this is now being used to give people of a certain political persuasion something to get outraged about?

Why do we care what he does while he works out? It's not like he said that he spend his entire morning sitting on the couch watching TV, which is what you and your source are trying to imply.

edit on 12/12/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

The point isn't the fact that he watches ESPN while exercising, or if he spends it on the couch. It's that he uses valuable time exercising and watching television. This time could be used to at least look like he's semi-competent, knowledgeable about the problems in the world and showing some effort.

He can't exercise at night? I understand a quick routine in the morning but "most of the morning"?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

OR exercised while getting briefed.

Benghazi might not have happened.

And ISIS wouldn't be on a rampage in Iraq.

And the IRS would not be targeting his critics.

And a plethora of things.

Or for go exercise period, and do his job.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thread poll.

Does anyone in this thread get paid to watch tv, and exercise on their jobs?

ANYONE ?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

He does watch at night, with the sound off and a fat briefing in his lap. He also pointed out that its his preference to watch Espn instead of the 24 hr news cycle.

Let me put it this way...

Surgeons prefer music in their operating rooms because it quiets their peripheral senses and helps them focus. A lot of people do the same thing every day.

Furthermore, exercise is part of the image every capable President should try and present.

Hell, Clinton took long bike rides, bush loved golf, and ya know they will make Christies fat ass work out if he is elected.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Athletes
Most major news anchors.
Business executives.
Bar owners/employees
Gym employees.

Is that enough people?
edit on 12-12-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-12-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Thread poll.

ANYONE ?

Me no.

Poll:
No=1
Yes=0

next.....

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

The point isn't the fact that he watches ESPN while exercising, or if he spends it on the couch. It's that he uses valuable time exercising and watching television. This time could be used to at least look like he's semi-competent, knowledgeable about the problems in the world and showing some effort.

He can't exercise at night? I understand a quick routine in the morning but "most of the morning"?

What? Are we really going to be so petty as to say that the POTUS can't even stay in shape or pay attention to his health unless he does so at a time the citizens find it acceptable?

Really?

How partisan we have become to even say such a thing or think that the presidents exercise routine is even worthy or discussion.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Seriously neo?
The man is on a salary, he isn't getting paid to watch TV and exercise but as a human, he is going to do that.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thread poll.

ANYONE ?

I do.

We even have beer on tap here.

I love my job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join