It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAP NEWS. The New World Order.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
These guys are actually really awesome. They’re from Melbourne (where I was born & raised) and do youtube videos of politically motivated raps with a comedic tone to it.

This is there latest episode and what they have to say comes across (to me, at least) as very true when it comes to the whole issue of the NWO.

We're delighted to have finally made this episode; it's been on the drawing board ever since we started Rap News. It's core message was the crux of one of the earliest conversations between Giordano & Hugo. It's hopefully not a secret by now that Giordano is the chief philosophical mind of the project, and when the two of us had an early discussion about conspiracy theories and the state of the world, Giordano outlined one of the fundamental tenets of his belief system, which underpins this episode - and indeed has been a theme developing throughout the five years of the Juice Rap News project. (No spoilers - you'll have to check out the episode to get what we're talking about!) Effectively therefore, this episode has been more than 5 years in the making, so we sincerely hope you enjoy it and that it helps to Illuminate our world a bit more:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for this. Love these guys.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
For any who are curious about the minds behind Rap News, see the below link:

MR: How did Rap News come into fruition and why did you choose this approach?

Giordano: Rap News was born in late 2009 but its roots go back a bit further.

Hugo: It came about through resurrecting a ‘music journalism’ project, which Giordano had previously worked on—an audio precursor to Rap News. I heard about this and liked the idea, and asked if I might get involved. Once we sat down and planned, and decided that I would rap all the characters, it became clear that trying to be serious while wearing so many stupid wigs was probably unrealistic, so the comedy element came to the fore.

Giordano: Yeah, as George Bernard Shaw said, “If you’re going to tell people the truth, you better make them laugh; otherwise they’ll kill you”.

The news-room has become such a powerful and globally recognized icon of knowledge and information: everything is offered daily, to millions of viewers, as ‘the truth’. Rap News appropriated this device but tries to shine a little light on some of the unspoken premises that prop up the cultural fictions regurgitated daily by the mainstream news networks. Back in the days when I still bothered watching TV news, I often felt an irresistible urge to shout back at TV set in frustration. Now Robert Foster provides a channel for that outlet! I guess this also inspired our approach to delivering the news.

MR: Hugo is an extremely good rapper and the rhymes in Rap News are incredibly informative, intelligent and cutting. Have you always used hip-hop as a form of poetic expression and when did you begin incorporating political commentary into your rapping? How long have you been performing publicly?

Hugo: Thanks for your feedback! The informative and intelligent nature of the rhymes comes from Giordano. He provides the ‘juice’ of the dialogue, the research to back it up, and is responsible for all the most cutting elements of each episode. Rumsfeld saying, ‘We’ll write the history books’ as a prime example.

My job is to make the thing rhyme and flow, and put in a bit of puerile humor, as well as over-act! My own rap persona is much less popular than Rap News, but yes, I do perform at festivals and venues in Australia, both with Treats­—an excellent DJ—and with the rising live band ‘Dub The Magic Dragon’, touring India, March 2011.

My stage name is Hugo, but political listeners will not find much juice there—now that I am involved with Rap News, I prefer to wax philosophical, comical and spiritual in my solo work, and leave the political content to a properly researched forum such Ra

MR: Are your videos getting viral just because they kick so much ass or are you getting some outside help with promotion and coverage?

Hugo: We try to keep the ass-kicking level to the highest degree.

We’re not affiliated with YouTube’s partner program, and so we never get ‘featured video’ status. We are regularly offered the opportunity to opt in for ‘revenue-sharing’, i.e. advertizing, but the prospect of earning a bit of money this way is outweighed by the desire to keep the Juice Media Rap News channel free of ads for our viewers

The Minds Behind Rap News

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

that was pretty good...thx for posting.......maybe with the rap theme it may just get some 20 odd year olds interested

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Beat 'em by two years and two months.... Just sayin'.

Still I am thrilled that they got the concept out. Their audience is big enough that the ideas might catch more fire and get more people aware of the simple truth:

We will not revolt against tyranny nor evil because doing so would cause us to have to leave our comfort zones.

new topics

top topics

join