It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a hand debunking please (regarding Polaris)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Turtle power!!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

You should invite them to come here and sign up.

Plenty of people here would be more than happy to debate Flat Earth with them here.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Nice one. That's my legitimate reason for being on ATS, stated exactly.

I have illegitimate reasons too, but we needn't go into them here.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

You should invite them to come here and sign up.

Plenty of people here would be more than happy to debate Flat Earth with them here.

That's just cruel! "I hear you knockin' but you can't come in".

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Just thought i'd add this..i know you will all have most likely have heard of the Illuminati cardgame? well,it can't be ignored that many of these depicted scenarios, do actually bear a striking similarity with events that have come to pass and indeed many that some say will come to fruition..i will quote the text of the 'flat Earth' card:

"People laugh,but the 'flat earthers' know something, For their action,you may roll 2 dice.If your roll is equal to or less than the number of places you control,the 'flat earthers' weird alternate geology has led them to a gold strike and you may draw as many plot cards as the number you roll."

A link to an image of the card here:
theflatearthsociety.org...

So what is the deal with this card surely that shouldn't be too hard to decipher?

*Either the world is flat?

*Or is it possible they will use these 'believers' to further an agenda and 'muddy the waters' of perception? or even plant this info themselves to add confusion (e.g. a Planet X scenario say)

*or ??

Any thoughts Guys?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Your right Eriktheawful! i will suggest it.In fact if you have a look at the blog of this Guy's here..

He was indeed a member of ATS and exposed some sensitive info on Masons and was banned for His troubles..seriously have a look..BTW i will put the request forward,but i think He is quite aware of how things go down here, so that may prove to be to much of a deterrent? I will ask nonetheless..

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

You beat Me to it..nice one!

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Actually don't bother.

It's against the TCs to talk about banned members or why they are banned.

But I can tell you it would be a waste of your time.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Okey dokey thanks for the heads up!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: EndOfDays77

Your right Eriktheawful! i will suggest it.In fact if you have a look at the blog of this Guy's here..

He was indeed a member of ATS and exposed some sensitive info on Masons and was banned for His troubles..

People who are banned from ATS are in general NOT banned for the subject matter they discuss (such as claims about Masons), but rather they are usually banned because the manner in which they discuss things goes against the Terms and Conditions (T&C) of this site -- i.e., usually because the banned person was continually uncivil or rude.

What I mean is, people don't get banned from ATS because of what they say (subject matter-wise), but how they say it.

Just about anything that's ever been asserted about Freemasony has been thrown around on ATS in a free manner without people getting banned over what they say about the issue.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No it is swimming. Seriously, read Discworld.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

If the turtle is swimming, that's strong evidence for the superfluid vacuum theory.

Since pics or it didn't happen is the rule, Behold!

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Double Post -- See below
edit on 12/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thorneblood

No it is swimming. Seriously, read Discworld.

I love Terry Pratchett, but he hardly invented the idea of turtles being the backbone (pun intended) of the cosmos. This has been a commonly known anecdote for a long time -- predating Pratchett . Granted, the anecdote usually is in the form that I mentioned -- i.e., a fable about "turtles all the way down"; Terry Pratchett did change it a bit by sating that the turtle is swimming through space.

But the general idea is a relatively old one. One reference to the idea of the Earth being supported on the back of a turtle, who is in turn supported by turtles "all the way down" dates back to at least the mid-19th century (1854) is attributed to Reverend J.F. Berg::

My opponent's reasoning reminds me of the heathen, who, being asked on what the world stood, replied, "On a tortoise." But on what does the tortoise stand? "On another tortoise." With Mr. Barker, too, there are tortoises all the way down.

books.google.com.au...=onepage&q&f=false

And while that reference is one of the earlier attributable ones, the idea in general comes from a folktale.

edit on 12/13/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Hey, Here's a compilation timelapse of the Earth below the ISS. The earth is a sphere and it's rotating below the ISS......

Earth as seen from the ISS

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

That is quite the most revolting photo I have ever seen on ATS.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Actually, it's a very ancient idea. I know it from Hindu mythology. A little googling reveals that the world-bearing turtle is a character in Chinese and Native American mythology too.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

That is quite the most revolting photo I have ever seen on ATS.

Why is it revolting? I linked that photo because it was an actual photo depicting turtle and elephants I found when searching "Discworld" images.

NASA hasn't published any Hubble images that show the turtle, that I know of.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I invite everybody here to read the book "Flat Earth: The History of an Infamous Idea"

It is an informative and amusing read on how the idea perpetuated among certain people and societies through to modern day.

Aristotle knew the world was round, as did the vast bulk of ancient and medieval writers in Europe. The flat-earth movement as we know it is a 19th century creature. It started in Victorian England as a strange mix of religious fundamentalism and postmodern skepticism. This book explains how the movemement got started and where it went. Much food for thought in terms of how cults or wacky beliefs can grow even in educated countries.

Regarding seeing spherical earth from space, the flat earthers claim that the whole space program is a hoax, and no one has ever really been to space.
edit on 14-12-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join