It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the government is covering up UFO's, why would they allow live streaming from ISS / other space

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

originally posted by: JimOberg

... zero-G naked sex maniacs.

Pictures, or it didn't happen.

Sorry -- there IS an 'official secrets' statute on THAT.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

If you are meaning " The U.S. Government " then they have no control over the cameras on The ISS. It's an "international " space station, so the U.S. Government don't call the shots.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Because they don't 'own' the cosmos anymore. Other countries/agencies will show what NASA doesn't want so the jig is up.
NASA did pull their live STS feed blaming it on 'budget' savings but when they used to show it live, there were a LOT of unexplained activity going on up there!

The truth will be known soon. Maybe not in my life time but the entire vibe on this planet is changing. Unfortunately we'll have to go through a little more unpleasantness before we get there but we have rounded the proverbial bell-curve.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would imagine that if you personally knew space aliens who visit your house on weekends for dinner and a movie they would still deny that aliens exist because it is their duty to never admit that civilians could be correct. It is much like the CIA banter that goes, "We can neither confirm nor deny that." It's all a part of the plan to cut off an exchange of words with the civilians, furthering the gap between government employees and taxpayers. It's a backwards idea but someone's got to show us how it's done. It's state sanctioned animosity. These days it is approaching the old ways of the old world more and more with each passing year. Your American freedom is crumbling before your very eyes.

originally posted by: sdubya
Put on your best tinfoil hat and...go!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Isn't it actually a lot more likely that no government has a clue what genuinely unidentified flying objects are, but they also don't want you or I to know that to appear to be 'in control'?

I think this is one point that needs to be made more and more often.

If Nasa ( and a few other international agencies) had some data on advanced life it would be in their best interest to keep it tightly under wraps until they had as much verifiable data as possible. Isn't that how science works?

More important than the proof everyone demands are the questions that come after...

Who are they and what do they want are wild card questions without a real understanding of the culture behind the race. In a way you have to apply the idea of an enemy combatant into the equation when revealing their existence.

Because we are humans and nothing on our planet escapes a very basic truth.

Either you kill us or we kill you.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Human_Alien
Because they don't 'own' the cosmos anymore. Other countries/agencies will show what NASA doesn't want so the jig is up.
NASA did pull their live STS feed blaming it on 'budget' savings but when they used to show it live, there were a LOT of unexplained activity going on up there!

Isn't it more correct to say there was a lot of activity that YOU didn't understand, and haven't taken any steps to learn more about spaceflight so you MIGHT understand?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: fieldyznutz
How do we know that it is even a seven second delay? Is there anyway to prove it?

Now you are CHEATING.

No fair asking for actual evidence of looney claims.

Dreaming things up as 'must-be-trues' is much easier.

But seriously -- the way the video signals are transmitted and converted, there are delays that add up to several seconds, even before the video reaches Mission Control. Then it gets routed via satellite to the site that does public distribution. If you then watch the 'NASA TV' cable broadcast and run a streaming video on your PC, you'll see several seconds more delay.

And there IS a video squelch button on the PAO console -- I took a picture of it on a recent visit, let me look it up. Nobody who works there ever remember it being used, the expectation is for some hideous disaster of torn bodies or zero-G naked sex maniacs. Folks in Mission Control think the public fascination with 'UFO videos' is sadly idiotic.

Thank you for that explanation.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asynchrony
I would imagine that if you personally knew space aliens who visit your house on weekends for dinner and a movie they would still deny that aliens exist because it is their duty to never admit that civilians could be correct. It is much like the CIA banter that goes, "We can neither confirm nor deny that." It's all a part of the plan to cut off an exchange of words with the civilians, furthering the gap between government employees and taxpayers. It's a backwards idea but someone's got to show us how it's done. It's state sanctioned animosity. These days it is approaching the old ways of the old world more and more with each passing year. Your American freedom is crumbling before your very eyes.

This is nonsensical fantasy. The men and women I worked with in Mission Control were not the kinds of obedient lackeys to lie to, or deceive by silence, the people who pay their salaries to perform such awesome activities. They are dismayed to keep getting queries from friends and relatives about 'UFO secrets' they know to be bogus. Most have given up trying to explain things, and think I'm wasting my time NOT surrendering to popular culture.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg I am sure the folks at NASA are good people. The best & the brightest. They work hard & all are experts in their space sciences.

All except the people who ran the NASA TV, live video feed. I taped every minute of every mission in the 1990s & the coverage was terrible TV with all kinds of people accessing the cameras on the shuttle flights. The Astronauts would turn over the control of the cameras to mission control when they slept. And everyone seemed to get into the act of moving the various cameras wherever they wanted with no purpose but curiosity.

The UFOs were caught on camera at times the live feed was being ignored! You can tell this by listening to the live audio. So many times UFO events are taking place, NASA ignores them. There is no comment. Sometimes these rogue operators actually follow UFOs. They are in the dark & so they just watch!

You can go to my you tube channel (user Martyn Stubbs) to see over 300 Space UFO videos from various NASA flights to experience examples of what I have just said. Enjoy!

edit on 11-12-2014 by buzzEmiller because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

Because, they aren’t covering up anything. They just assume we are too dumbed-down to get the reality…they go with that.
Don’t give some puny “government”… out of the hundreds of them…any credit for hiding that.which they can’t hide.

And you using the term as though it’s one thing as in “our government”…is misleading. And you are givng them and it…way too much credit.

This world…and UFO sightings…and evidence…is way, way too numerous and intense…to doubt by those of us that know and accept the truth.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Because people have become so engrossed in the delusion that nothing is real anymore they dont feel the need to cover up things.

Also there seems to be a slow leak of information comming out, they are testing to see what people can handle.

Governments have most likely noticed that no matter what aliens or government craft are seen by the public, society as a whole doesnt change at all, people seem numb to UFO craft and could really care less if some craft surrounded in light is flying around, wether its ours or an aliens, people have become apathetic to UFOs and no longer care at all.

I also think they let this stuff slide because they just dont want to continue on with the lie its become rather pointless.

The skeptics wont believe in UFOs no matter what, and thats turning into willfull ignorance to disbelieve anything and everything.

Also they just dont care anymore, meaning they dont care what you believe, they let you believe whatever you want, it wont change anything either way.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   

This is nonsensical fantasy. The men and women I worked with in Mission Control were not the kinds of obedient lackeys to lie to, or deceive by silence, the people who pay their salaries to perform such awesome activities. They are dismayed to keep getting queries from friends and relatives about 'UFO secrets' they know to be bogus. Most have given up trying to explain things, and think I'm wasting my time NOT surrendering to popular culture.

So...neither you , nor any other NASA employee was required to sign an "non-disclosure agreement", no security clearances required?

Sorry man, I don't believe you...

edit on 11-12-2014 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

So...neither you , nor any other NASA employee was required to sign an "non-disclosure agreement", no security clearances required?

Sorry man, I don't believe you...

LOL I think your onto something there. Nasa has plenty of classified information, I remember getting some lectures from a few scientis up at NASA and one of the students asked them about the types of foods they are making/growing in space, "THATS CLASSIFIED!" was the only answer we got on that stuff. Of course its has to be some kind of super nutrient rich food we the people arent allowed to eat LOL.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Not to mention everybody has access to state of the art telescopes.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m

Right, because only primitive monkeys could develop the technology necessary to avoid traditional methods of detection as part of their flight programs.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

That future is now. Both the Chinese space station, and two private space hotel module prototypes owned by Robert Bigelow [a big fan of UFO studies] have operated for years in space with exterior TV cameras rolling. So where are all these views that supposedly NASA won't show?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: buzzEmiller

And everyone seemed to get into the act of moving the various cameras wherever they wanted with no purpose but curiosity.

What other motivation would anyone have to change the view other than curiosity? Just because you don't know what they are curious about doesn't mean it might not be important. They may be inspecting a bit of conduit to see if there is any damage, looking at a hinge to see if the lubrication is freezing... you could probably e-mail Mission Control and ask why someone chose to view what they did.

The UFOs were caught on camera at times the live feed was being ignored! You can tell this by listening to the live audio. So many times UFO events are taking place, NASA ignores them. There is no comment. Sometimes these rogue operators actually follow UFOs. They are in the dark & so they just watch!

If the astronauts and their support team were ignoring something you could not identify, it is probably because they had a pretty good idea what it was. (Ice crystals, flaking insulation, bits and pieces of hardware shrouds, etc.)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That future is now. Both the Chinese space station, and two private space hotel module prototypes owned by Robert Bigelow [a big fan of UFO studies] have operated for years in space with exterior TV cameras rolling. So where are all these views that supposedly NASA won't show?

Jim weren't the cameras that Martyn Stubbs obtained his footage from different to the cameras that we see footage from now?

The 'old' cameras seemed to film in infra red while the 'new' ones don't.

Maybe you can clear this up.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Good question, perhaps...

Do the Chinese have a website where we can view their video feed?

How about Bigelow?
Ya see, IF their video's aren't available, and I'm not seeing where they are...then your statement is kind of meaningless.

Now, I am hoping that I wrong here, and we can suddenly gain two additional observational resources in space. The data available from them would be invaluable.

Unfortunately, at the moment, all we have is ISS...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is more general, but I am always puzzled about the word "they".

"They" obviously implies a separation between "us common folks" and "them", say, the government.

Now, of course most of us are not government, yes of course we know NASA is a government branch, but people can apply for and work at NASA. It's "normal" people after all working there and not some secret society. Go study, get some good grades, maybe you find yourself in a NASA team sending a probe up to Mars in the future. It's POSSIBLE, it's DOABLE.

From that point of view it's ridiculous to assume that NASA is some close group where incredible secrets are kept from the rest of society, despite the fact it would be extremely difficult to keep such things secret.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join