It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

any fellow insomniacs here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

Why haven't you had a sleep study?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

typical ohio winter.
does not get light out till around 8am...it starts to before that but still pretty dark.
then its dark again by 5.
winter does mess me up...that might be it now that you mention it

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

i thought those were more for sleep apnea type deals.
my wife is going for one tomorrow cause of her insane snoring.

study wouldnt do me much good if i cant fall asleep

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I use to be on vicoprofen, and if I took the recomended amount daily they would jack me up and I could not sleep. It seemed to me that modern pain meds are forumlated to jack you up and not put you out like in the old days.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

there are actually a couple meds that do make me sleepy but theyre not for sleep and i have not been prescribed them in a long time.
i agree though. most pain meds dont put you out

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I have it off and on. One thing that has worked for me, sometimes, is to build a house. Controlling what my mind dithers about seems to help. I build a house, in great detail. Materials, design, inside, outside. If I am still awake I furnish it. I walk around in it, see how my choices work etc. Usually I fall asleep during this process. Sometimes on bad nights, I end up landscaping. lol

You are attempting to control the uncontrollable, let it go, give your mind something else to do.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

i thought those were more for sleep apnea type deals.
my wife is going for one tomorrow cause of her insane snoring.

study wouldnt do me much good if i cant fall asleep

Sleep studies are for people who have sleep problems of any type. Consult a sleep medicine physician.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

didnt know that.
my pain doc is awesome.
im sure i can get a referral for a sleep study no problem.

im not too big on sleeping in a lab though. i bug out a bit when im not home at night.

even on my wedding night. we got a nice hotel..jacuzzi tub. huge ass bed.
i had to leave and come home at 2 in the morning cause i was too uncomfortable.

noises im not used to. things like that.
ill look into it though. i always just thought it was more a sleep apnea type place. not for insomnia

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Try Binaural Beats with headphones. They have differents setting for falling asleep, meditation, 20 minute napping, relaxation, astral projecting, self hypnosis...I got an app on my phone of one.

It seems to really work for some people.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I used to be because of Fibrymyalgia, Anxiety, Depression and hypothyroidism. I found an all natural food that has pretty much changed my life. It's called LIMU, you can get more info here: Aether.iamlimu.com and Fucoidanfacts.com This stuff is Legit, if you want more info find me on Facebook, I've chronicled my journey there. You can find my name on the first web I linked.

posted on Dec, 24 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Excercise helps. If I go for a 20 minute walk I have no problem falling asleep.
edit on 24-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

I understand exactly how you feel, ill sleep fine for a while and then suddenly I won't be able to sleep at all and this can last a couple of days or weeks, the worst was when it lasted around 8 months.. Its rather embarrassing to say but I simply had a mental breakdown and started sobbing my eyes out whilst at a friends house..

My doctor had me taking valium and quite a strong dose so that I was basically a zombie I was so out of it...

I've also been on melatonin meds but they stop working if I take them to often..

Honeybush tea helps every now and again or even warm milk with cinnamon and honey..

I also find that a 10km run works out alright with a heavy workout at the gym..
I physically force myself to sleep because I'm too exhausted to stay awake..

I know that is the wrong way to do it.. But it works for me..sometimes.

Other wise I do what every insomniac does... I suffer through it and hope for happy hallucinations..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join