It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the UK rapeing a 9 year old gets you 3 years Prison and 5 years probation...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybee someone will take care of "it". Sex offenders should be chemicaly castrated..the old school way would sufice too, most definatly the ones who prey on children as there is no mistake..all deserve it though.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It just shocks me you can get more for growing pot now in the UK than for raping a innocent child

You know what? I give up on the UK...... screw our parliament, screw our justice, screw our morals and values.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Stories like these break my heart, we live in a messed world, people like that deserve life in prison with no human contact.

Killing him would be too easy.

and yet necessary...gee, I wonder if he will be involved in a deadly accident after he is released?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Get ready to vomit:

Grandmother jailed for five years for possessing a "family heirloom" World War II pistol:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Five years for making party popper guns for fun in one's own home from junk found in skips:

www.scotsman.com...#

Three years in jail for possessing a stun gun

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.leicestermercury.co.uk...

Yes, merely having a weapon in the UK is considered worse than rape or pedophilia. In fact, they just increased the maximum sentence for merely possessing a firearm from 10 years to LIFE imprisonment...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheDarkTurnip
Get ready to vomit:

Grandmother jailed for five years for possessing a "family heirloom" World War II pistol:

www.bbc.co.uk...

Five years for making party popper guns for fun in one's own home from junk found in skips:

www.scotsman.com...#

Three years in jail for possessing a stun gun

www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.leicestermercury.co.uk...

Yes, merely having a weapon in the UK is considered worse than rape or pedophilia. In fact, they just increased the maximum sentence for merely possessing a firearm from 10 years to LIFE imprisonment...

My anger cant be expressed enough. If it could over the internet id break it...............

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Scallywwagg

I’ve been screaming for that for years. Rape a kid (or anyone else) and your life then becomes something to HELP society instead of hinder it. Medical experiments. I’ll vote for that.

peace

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Five years in jail for a REPLICA BLANK FIRING GUN .....

www.bedfordshire-news.co.uk...

Never mind that two pieces of pipe and an end cap makes a perfectly reliable shotgun, we need to jail you for five years because you might drill out the barrel of a toy and create a zipgun that will likely blow your hand off if you fire it. FOR THE CHILDREN.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
A lifetime on the sex offenders register..I'm guessing his life is pretty much over. No doubt he will eventually crack and do even worse as a result of the way it's all panned out.

THAT is the crux of the matter.

May as well be hung for a sheep as well as a lamb IOW.

The problem is one of hope for the offender. Yeah, yeah, there are the typical and not wholly unexpected barrage of people expressing their outrage at these sorts of crimes, but when you remove emotion from the equation and consider rationally, as disgusting and damaging as these crimes are, there are people committing worse crimes that evade any kind of punishment at all (cough *Iraq*..cough *million dead* cough etc).

Paedophilia is a mental illness. It is recognised as such, and treatment in conjunction with prison time and lifetime sex offender programmes ought to be standardised across the board, as should i believe, offenders who have sexually abused kids should be tagged for life. If they attack kids, they'll be seen.

When you start talking about locking people up forever, for crimes that are (in the cold light of day) less damaging than say...murder, tell me what reason is there for a child rapist to allow his or her victim to remain alive and not burnt to a crisp in a shallow grave somewhere?

Get what i'm saying?

Take away hope..and a LOT more children will be raped and murdered, instead of raped and released.

In an ideal world, no child would ever be a victim of sexual abuse...but it isn't and many children have been victims and unfortunately the abuse probably always will happen.

But as repugnant as the thought is, if i had to logically weigh up which is preferable between two awful alternatives, i know i would always choose a child raped over a child raped and then horribly slaughtered and dumped in an attempt to cover up the initial rape.

edit on 9-12-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Your trying to apologize for this POS?

Really?

3 years for child rape is acceptable in your books to "prevent child murder" ?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: MysterX

Your trying to apologize for this POS?

Really?

3 years for child rape is acceptable in your books to "prevent child murder" ?

I must do the lottery..because i must be psychic...i absolutely KNEW you were going to try and state i was apologising for this mental git.

Calm down, take your indignant outrage in hand and re-read what i said.

If you really care about children, you will prefer they survive the attack...right?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

This sub human,according to the BBC article was imprisoned for an indecent assault on a 7 or 8 year old-the rape was a previous conviction,on a different 9 year old.

Judge should be investigated-something is not right there at all.
Sub human should be thrown into a furnace,alive.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse

This sub human,according to the BBC article was imprisoned for an indecent assault on a 7 or 8 year old-the rape was a previous conviction,on a different 9 year old.

Judge should be investigated-something is not right there at all.
Sub human should be thrown into a furnace,alive.

Yeah I caught that to.

A serial sex offender gets three years?

Maybe Mystic X above was the judge? Apparently light sentences according to him protect children.

Im going to hazard as guess the judge was a pedo too. Only a fellow pedo could have let such a POS out with 3 years.
edit on 9-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

This disgusting piece of # has been set free after a Judge (Likley Pedo sympathizer or Pedo himself) declared "its" indefinite sentence unlawful.
In 2012 this "thing" was given what was indefinite sentence were you are not freed until a parole board deems you safe.
This sad sick excuse of a living creature has even been declared by "its" own lawyer as unchanged. Apparently "it" has caused nothing but trouble in prison and the prison service has even still declared this vile creature as still a danger on release.

EVEN WORSE Just wait till he sues for wrongful imprisonment ...KER CHING

Loads of ££££O££Y in the bank

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
OMG ! A single child sex offender and you all go utterly berserk, but threads on systemic child rape and murder by those that run the world we live in and where are you all then ? Hardly a damn word !
You all talk about getting the systems priorities straight, well why don't you get your own damn priorities straight first. Jeez !!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

It could be like you say-or it could be that the prisoner was connected and had something on the judge to force his hand.
I doubt the judge will get away without an investigation being launched into this case-theres probably already a petition on facbook.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
OMG ! A single child sex offender and you all go utterly berserk, but threads on systemic child rape and murder by those that run the world we live in and where are you all then ? Hardly a damn word !
You all talk about getting the systems priorities straight, well why don't you get your own damn priorities straight first. Jeez !!

If you notice most over us are going berserk over the mass child raping and murdering!

LOOK SEE

Learn to bloody read!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Don't be an idiot.

I'm not talking about the light sentence, i'm talking about overly harsh sentences being a very real, very dangerous threat to the LIVES of children.

You obviously care more about punishing those that harm children, MORE than you care about the thousands of child DEATHS that would happen if the offender has nothing to lose.

If a rapist gets 'thrown into a furnace alive', or other (nonsense knee-jerk reactionary statement) there is absolutely no reason to release the child and every reason to murder the child to prevent being thrown into the furnace alive!

You find this difficult to understand?

I'm a father and while OBVIOUSLY i hope beyond hope that no harm will ever come my children's way, and physically cringe at the thought of them being harmed by a sexual predator, i KNOW i would prefer them to survive the ordeal and not be murdered after the fact so the offender could escape a death penalty!

I can't understand, how you can't understand this simple piece of logic.

Mind you don't impale yourself on your pitchfork.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This case illustrates the stupidity of judges in the way they apply the law.

He released back into society a dangerous child sex offender...because his offence happened before 2005?

It's "unlawful" to keep him locked up!

Jesus Christ on a bike...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

The law is the law.

There'd be just as many civil rights groups up in arms, and rightfully so IMO, if a judge, ANY judge not just the one in this story, decided to unilaterally ignore or apply the law as they saw fit.

Judges have to follow the prescribed law, this isn't the wild West where any arbitrary set of rules based on personal feelings or opinions can be followed on a whim.

Yes, it is dangerous for the community having a known child rapist on the loose in their midst, i appreciate the deal here, but at least he is known and can be observed and tracked, his whereabouts can be monitored and he will be among the first visited by the Police if or when a local attack happens.

The judge didn't have any other choice in this case. As unpalatable as releasing this offender may be, the judge had to do it in order to obey and comply with the law.

The law is obviously lacking, and is at fault here...not the judge.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I have trouble using the term "man" or anything that imply s "it" is a human being

These "creatures" are lower than animals to me

It is a man, a sick man, mentally unstable. He needs to be removed from society for the good of others and himself included. He's sick and mentally unstable, not a monster, dehumanizing him obfuscates the matter and distorts reality. Without understanding the truth, one fails to truly get to the core of the matter.

Nothing can ever change that way. Is actually thinking they're a monster that helps cause this in the first place. Many pedophiles live full lives with never touching a child, they get the help they need and find healthy ways to control their urges. Same as not every sociopath is a serial killer.

You tell and treat people as inhuman monsters, that can never be more than a beast, that is what you get. Few seek help because society has judged them, and seeing themselves through societies eyes they judge themselves. One can understand and deal with mental illness without demonizing. One can separate from society those who do not have the will or mental stability to control themselves while understanding the truth of the matter.

Couldn't agree more.

The way these people are demonised in modern society is it any wonder they are terrified to come forward and seek help before it might come to this?

Don't get me wrong, if they have proved themselves to be dangerous then we need to keep them away until they can be trusted (and I am not saying that is always possible) but we need to be taking a different approach and changng our attitiudes to prevent these crimes before they happen.

Did anyone watch this recently? A lot of it really made sense to me...

www.channel4.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join