It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greater Community Spirituality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllyofHumanity9220

originally posted by: Tangerine

a reply to: AllyofHumanity9220

You have somehow managed to get yourself sucked into a cult run by Marshall Vian Summers. I hope for your sake you come to your senses. I don't know your background or how this happened, but I'm guessing you're fairly young. This sort of thing usually doesn't end well for those involved.

I see that your perspective on this limits your understanding of its true nature. I appreciate that you are concerned, perhaps because you are unable to relate to what I am saying. I do not condemn you for this. The fact that this journey is so inexplicable is part of the Mystery of life. What you assume to be a cult, and then probably associate with the embodiment of that concept in the unfortunate past, is in reality a growing worldwide community of individuals responding to something truly authentic within themselves. Are you free to look past your own ideas? Are you free to see what is there, beyond your own preferences and the conditioning of your life? If not, then you are a slave to your ideas and the ideas of others.

The Greater Community Spirituality represents a way back to yourself, out of the confusion of your mind. Being highly intellectual, you probably identify solely with your thoughts, experiencing them as the totality of your awareness, if I may make the assumption. Being able to look at life objectively is the essence of Knowledge. How can you look at life objectively when you are only trying to validate your own ideas and assumptions? Objectivity is a function of true self-honesty. Being honest with yourself about what you know and what you do not know is the fundamental starting point for any learning experience.

Thank you for participating in these discussions, I value your demonstrations.

Groups formed around a set of unsubstantiated claims are a dime-a-dozen. Virtually all of these groups make grandiose claims about "saving" people. Of course, this salvation is only delivered if the people surrender themselves entirely to the authority of the, ahem, "group" leader. Ask yourself why such an all-knowing, all-powerful leader and the "space brothers" can't deliver this salvation without us surrendering our will? I'll answer my own question: it's because the surrendering of our will to him is THE objective of the, ahem, "group" leader. The rest is just a cover story.

Now you are merely projecting your own ideas. There is neither a call for surrendering anyone's will, nor are there any grandiose claims made about "saving" anyone.

Personal responsibility is advocated. Higher consciousness through the cultivation of greater self-honesty and objectivity is advocated. Wisdom is advocated. There is no mention ANYWHERE of surrendering your will to anyone.

Your only "salvation" is your redemption through following what is inherent in your own deeper nature. It is to bring you to Knowledge within yourself, that part of you that is truly authentic, that is the focus and purpose of the Greater Community Spirituality. This has the power to end all conflict within you, to dispel your ambivalence. But you must be willing to do the work on your own behalf.

How about you do your own work on yourself and show us the same courtesy minus the proselytizing?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You have somehow managed to get yourself sucked into a cult run by Marshall Vian Summers. I hope for your sake you come to your senses. I don't know your background or how this happened, but I'm guessing you're fairly young. This sort of thing usually doesn't end well for those involved.

I see that your perspective on this limits your understanding of its true nature. I appreciate that you are concerned, perhaps because you are unable to relate to what I am saying. I do not condemn you for this. The fact that this journey is so inexplicable is part of the Mystery of life. What you assume to be a cult, and then probably associate with the embodiment of that concept in the unfortunate past, is in reality a growing worldwide community of individuals responding to something truly authentic within themselves. Are you free to look past your own ideas? Are you free to see what is there, beyond your own preferences and the conditioning of your life? If not, then you are a slave to your ideas and the ideas of others.

The Greater Community Spirituality represents a way back to yourself, out of the confusion of your mind. Being highly intellectual, you probably identify solely with your thoughts, experiencing them as the totality of your awareness, if I may make the assumption. Being able to look at life objectively is the essence of Knowledge. How can you look at life objectively when you are only trying to validate your own ideas and assumptions? Objectivity is a function of true self-honesty. Being honest with yourself about what you know and what you do not know is the fundamental starting point for any learning experience.

Groups formed around a set of unsubstantiated claims are a dime-a-dozen. Virtually all of these groups make grandiose claims about "saving" people. Of course, this salvation is only delivered if the people surrender themselves entirely to the authority of the, ahem, "group" leader. Ask yourself why such an all-knowing, all-powerful leader and the "space brothers" can't deliver this salvation without us surrendering our will? I'll answer my own question: it's because the surrendering of our will to him is THE objective of the, ahem, "group" leader. The rest is just a cover story.

Now you are merely projecting your own ideas. There is neither a call for surrendering anyone's will, nor are there any grandiose claims made about "saving" anyone.

Personal responsibility is advocated. Higher consciousness through the cultivation of greater self-honesty and objectivity is advocated. Wisdom is advocated. There is no mention ANYWHERE of surrendering your will to anyone.

Your only "salvation" is your redemption through following what is inherent in your own deeper nature. It is to bring you to Knowledge within yourself, that part of you that is truly authentic, that is the focus and purpose of the Greater Community Spirituality. This has the power to end all conflict within you, to dispel your ambivalence. But you must be willing to do the work on your own behalf.

How about you do your own work on yourself and show us the same courtesy minus the proselytizing?

I am not inhibiting you from doing your own "work" on yourself, in any way, shape or form.

I neither forced you to read my post nor forced you to engage in this discussion thereof. My "work" on myself includes advocacy for Knowledge, because people need to know that there is something truly authentic that abides within them, something that will free them from ambivalence, uncertainty, conflict and their own fearful imagination. I am sharing something that some may find meaningful, if they can recognize it. This is sharing. I do not wish to convert people, because it must be their own decision to follow Knowledge within themselves, born of their own readiness.

Certainly, the Way of Knowledge provides a great challenge for the anyone who undertakes this preparation - to become free from their past ideas and beliefs, to reverse the order of authority within themselves, requires hard work and commitment. It is not a quick fix. The New Message does not offer easy or reassuring answers, it offers the journey that will allow answers to emerge in due course in the one's awareness. Objectivity is the essence of Knowledge.

If you are so disinterested in this, why are you contributing to this thread?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I am not inhibiting you from doing your own "work" on yourself, in any way, shape or form.

I neither forced you to read my post nor forced you to engage in this discussion thereof. My "work" on myself includes advocacy for Knowledge, because people need to know that there is something truly authentic that abides within them, something that will free them from ambivalence, uncertainty, conflict and their own fearful imagination. I am sharing something that some may find meaningful, if they can recognize it. This is sharing. I do not wish to convert people, because it must be their own decision to follow Knowledge within themselves, born of their own readiness.

Certainly, the Way of Knowledge provides a great challenge for the anyone who undertakes this preparation - to become free from their past ideas and beliefs, to reverse the order of authority within themselves, requires hard work and commitment. It is not a quick fix. The New Message does not offer easy or reassuring answers, it offers the journey that will allow answers to emerge in due course in the one's awareness. Objectivity is the essence of Knowledge.

If you are so disinterested in this, why are you contributing to this thread?

I contribute to many threads, often pointing out the difference between claims and fact. How about citing testable evidence proving your group's claims about aliens, starting with their existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

Wrong thread.

The only claims made in this thread are the existence of a deeper mind within all individuals - the mind of knowing, beyond the realm and the reach of the intellect. The proof is in your own experience of it.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Wrong thread.

The only claims made in this thread are the existence of a deeper mind within all individuals - the mind of knowing, beyond the realm and the reach of the intellect. The proof is in your own experience of it.

Proof is a mathematical concept. Experience is not testable evidence. That should be evident. You repeatedly make claims of fact and, so far, have been unable to cite testable evidence demonstrating that any of them are facts. If I were you, I wouldn't throw myself whole-hog into that cult until you've explored many other belief systems and have some real life experience under your belt and a basis for comparison. You may have noticed that you're batting zero in convincing people. THere's a reason for that.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

I am not trying to convince people of anything. I am merely presenting something that others may or may not find meaningful.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

...until you've explored many other belief systems and have some real life experience under your belt and a basis for comparison.

I have explored enough other religious traditions to be able to recognize that there is something altogether different about the New Message. I have been searching for this my whole life. It was a matter of recognition for me, not preference. None of the other faith traditions or their ideologies really worked for me, especially in the way that they were applied.

I am reclaiming something within myself that I have always been aware of, but could never fully understand. It is like a great homecoming within oneself, to be on the path of return back to Knowledge.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

...until you've explored many other belief systems and have some real life experience under your belt and a basis for comparison.

I have explored enough other religious traditions to be able to recognize that there is something altogether different about the New Message. I have been searching for this my whole life. It was a matter of recognition for me, not preference. None of the other faith traditions or their ideologies really worked for me, especially in the way that they were applied.

I am reclaiming something within myself that I have always been aware of, but could never fully understand. It is like a great homecoming within oneself, to be on the path of return back to Knowledge.

Bottom line, you're into aliens. I get it. Which other religious traditions have you explored? By the way, thank you for admitting that that which you are pushing is a religion.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

“God does not need your belief. God does not need your worship. God does not need to be celebrated. God needs to be followed. You follow God most profoundly, most purely, not by believing in the edicts of religion necessarily, but by building your connection to Knowledge. If religion is functioning correctly, it is helping you to build a bridge to Knowledge, to your own conscience and to live responsibly, ethically and beneficially, both for yourself and for others.”

Preparing for the Future (September 5, 2007)

Bottom line, you're into aliens. I get it.

Certainly, my interest in the ET/UFO phenomenon brought me in this direction. However, what compelled me to study the Greater Community Way of Knowledge was more than the wisdom and insight provided by it - it was the experience of Knowledge and of finally facing my own deeper nature, knowing that it has a purpose and a destiny in this world. It is unlike anything I have ever encountered. The fact that the Steps to Knowledge is a free, self-study program also appealed to me.

Which other religious traditions have you explored?

Which ones have you explored? I was more or less an atheist when I encountered the NM, although I instantly recognized the difference between the old religious faiths that have become mired in their own past understanding of the world, and the New Message, which is entirely present in this moment in time, free from human commentary and anecdotal history.

The New Message honours what is true in all religions, and honours God as the initiator of all the worlds religions.

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You call it 'Knowledge' but I would call it 'knowing' (I believe it has been named 'gnosis'). It is the aspect which is 'knowing' that this is being seen. It is always present and never changes, it is That which is 'aware', it is That which notices. That awareness is prior to any thought or feeling that arises - it is even there as deep sleep where nothing is appearing. The waking state is just a colourful ever moving image which appears on the deep sleep - interwoven.
Deep sleep and wakefulness arise as one.

It is indeed like a great homecoming.
edit on 15-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

“God does not need your belief. God does not need your worship. God does not need to be celebrated. God needs to be followed. You follow God most profoundly, most purely, not by believing in the edicts of religion necessarily, but by building your connection to Knowledge. If religion is functioning correctly, it is helping you to build a bridge to Knowledge, to your own conscience and to live responsibly, ethically and beneficially, both for yourself and for others.”

Preparing for the Future (September 5, 2007)

Bottom line, you're into aliens. I get it.

Certainly, my interest in the ET/UFO phenomenon brought me in this direction. However, what compelled me to study the Greater Community Way of Knowledge was more than the wisdom and insight provided by it - it was the experience of Knowledge and of finally facing my own deeper nature, knowing that it has a purpose and a destiny in this world. It is unlike anything I have ever encountered. The fact that the Steps to Knowledge is a free, self-study program also appealed to me.

Which other religious traditions have you explored?

Which ones have you explored? I was more or less an atheist when I encountered the NM, although I instantly recognized the difference between the old religious faiths that have become mired in their own past understanding of the world, and the New Message, which is entirely present in this moment in time, free from human commentary and anecdotal history.

The New Message honours what is true in all religions, and honours God as the initiator of all the worlds religions.

So now you're retracting your claim that you explored other religious traditions. I see. What old religious faiths? How would you know "what is true in all religions" if you haven't actually explored any? There are thousands of religions and now you're speaking for all of them? God? God is only recognized by the three Abrahamic religions. I see, so your religion is simply the Abrahamic religions plus aliens.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

So now you're retracting your claim that you explored other religious traditions. I see. What old religious faiths? How would you know "what is true in all religions" if you haven't actually explored any? There are thousands of religions and now you're speaking for all of them? God? God is only recognized by the three Abrahamic religions. I see, so your religion is simply the Abrahamic religions plus aliens.

No. Mainly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Islam. There are universal spiritual truths underlying all religions. There are billions of religions in the universe, but God does not belong to any one of them. While the monotheistic religions are certainly different from pantheist or even some panentheist beliefs, the ideas and beliefs associated with God are usually a result of human speculation and projection. The Greater Community Way of Knowledge is the universal spirituality.

"Fundamentally the purpose of all spiritual development and religious education in its truest sense is to build a connection between your thinking mind, which is a product of all the world’s influences, and the deeper mind within you that God has created within you."

The Age of Women (November 14, 2007)
edit on 16-12-2014 by AllyofHumanity9220 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
OP could you define spirituality/spiritual?

They're not very explanatory terms....

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
OP could you define spirituality/spiritual?

They're not very explanatory terms....

Spirituality is engaging with a deeper part of your being, that is still connected to all life. It is meant to serve all life.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Spirituality is engaging with a deeper part of your being

This is still very vague....do you mean like an introspective?

that is still connected to all life. It is meant to serve all life.

Could you go into more detail please.
edit on 16-12-2014 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No. Mainly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Islam. There are universal spiritual truths underlying all religions.

Have you explored 'non duality'? The original name for 'non duality' is 'Advaita Vedanta' which is said to be at the root of all religions.
Advaita means not two (non dual).

edit on 16-12-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

No. Mainly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Islam. There are universal spiritual truths underlying all religions. There are billions of religions in the universe, but God does not belong to any one of them. While the monotheistic religions are certainly different from pantheist or even some panentheist beliefs, the ideas and beliefs associated with God are usually a result of human speculation and projection. The Greater Community Way of Knowledge is the universal spirituality.

"Fundamentally the purpose of all spiritual development and religious education in its truest sense is to build a connection between your thinking mind, which is a product of all the world’s influences, and the deeper mind within you that God has created within you."

More gibberish. There is no God in Buddhism or Zoroastrianism. You'd know that if you weren't making up your claim to be familiar with those belief systems. As I mentioned before, God is an Abrahamic construction. You are applying your personal beliefs (or, rather, your guru/cult leader's personal beliefs) to all religions--thousands of religions. You aren't even aware that there are polytheistic, animistic and shamanic belief systems yet you have the audacity to speak for all. You have so little insight that you don't even realize what you're doing. You're simply spewing the cult mantra like a teenage magazine sales person who knocks on a door and rattles off a litany s/he's memorized.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

More gibberish. There is no God in Buddhism or Zoroastrianism. You'd know that if you weren't making up your claim to be familiar with those belief systems. As I mentioned before, God is an Abrahamic construction. You are applying your personal beliefs (or, rather, your guru/cult leader's personal beliefs) to all religions--thousands of religions. You aren't even aware that there are polytheistic, animistic and shamanic belief systems yet you have the audacity to speak for all. You have so little insight that you don't even realize what you're doing. You're simply spewing the cult mantra like a teenage magazine sales person who knocks on a door and rattles off a litany s/he's memorized.

All religious traditions are initiated by God - by the Presence of God within the individual. God is beyond definition. God is greater than our understanding of God. In the Greater Community Spirituality, God is often referred to as the sum and the Source of all true relationship. The deeper mind within you, called Knowledge, is that part of you that is still connected to God. The fundamental purpose of all religious tradition is to cultivate the desire and capacity to experience the Presence of God.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

Beyond your intellect there is Knowledge, the knowing mind. It is the part of you that is still connected to the Mind of God. It is the part of you where the truth is recognised and experienced directly, no matter how clouded it may be. It is connected to all life, through God. Your existence in this world is part of your greater life and evolution in the universe. God has sent you here, and you have elected to come.

Part of you is permanent, extending from beyond this life. It is not your mind or your ideas or your personality. It is your deeper nature. It is what God has created within you. During your life in this world, that part of you becomes overshadowed and misapprehended. You do not follow it, because it is unimpressed by your personal preferences and ideals. It only knows its true purpose, your true purpose, for coming into the world. It is not here seeking fulfilment. It is here to contribute something from the greater reality of which it is a part. It has a predetermined purpose and destiny for coming into the world, which are intrinsic to your deeper nature.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

No. Mainly Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Islam. There are universal spiritual truths underlying all religions.

Have you explored 'non duality'? The original name for 'non duality' is 'Advaita Vedanta' which is said to be at the root of all religions.
Advaita means not two (non dual).

This understanding is at the heart of Greater Community Spirituality. Reclaiming one's self-knowledge (Knowledge) is the means through which one returns to God. However, the aim of life is not merely enlightenment or inner peace, returning to bask in the glory of oneness with all of Creation - it is to contribute the objectivity and the beneficence of this inner peace to the world through specific relationships. You carry a greater purpose within you. It is already connected to the purpose of someone else, whom you have come to meet and participate with in life. Nothing in life can be done alone, and your purpose binds you intrinsically to the purpose of another, according to your deeper nature.

Reorienting the authority of your being from the perspective of the mind serving the body, and the spirit somehow serving the mind, to your body and mind serving spirit, allows you to become a vehicle for a greater Source to express itself through you. You become the tip of the pen, so that God may write through the expression of your life in the world. I am currently taking the Steps to Knowledge, a 365-step daily self-study practice, which involves meditation and contemplation practices, as well as a short lesson for each day. Through it one cultivates objectivity, awareness and inner listening, in order to experience the greater reality of which one is a part.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join