It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CampKill defends the new Star Wars Trailer (video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
You are my new hero.

That being said, the rolling "ball droid" reeks of a certain floppy tongued Gungun.

Thanks for the support bro! Big hugs to you for that!

As for the Ball-Droid, it is obviously an Astromech R series. R2D2 was an R2 model and they went up to R9 in the series. So it makes sense that there would be a new model this much later in the lore. I wouldn;t call this an R10- more like S-1 or something. New model.

We must not let Jar Jar guide us towards the Dark Side of judgment this early. We had Ewoks and silly kid stuff in the originals. R2D2 after al was a cute-guy added for kids. So we must expect some lil cute robots and stuff.

The Ball droid didn't bother me. But I'm a huge fan of SW droids, even ones never in the movie. Bring on the droids I say.

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I want to know what happens after The Force Awakens.

Does it get up and make a cup of coffee?

Also, that one guy is a little short for a Stormtrooper.
edit on 10-12-2014 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
My sides my sides, great stuff MM. The force is strong with your raps. These newfans must have never seen Star Wars A New Hope or remember Luke and Han Solo dressed as storm troopers when they infiltrated the first death star . The Empire has storm troopers of all colors and alien races or my voice isn't James Earl Jones. As for the hilt on the light saber, sith lords in the ancient republic favored them. They are making a come back. These pointless arguments are pure bantha fodder. The film is about Jedi being hunted by bounty hunters and sith. Enjoy it.

edit on 10-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-12-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr Mask

You know it just dawned on me that maybe we got the chills because these are the movies that we that saw the originals when we were wee have been waiting for.

Maybe it's just that I'm eternaly hopeful for good things, but maybe something really magical is about to happen. We'll know right away, considering the magnitude of what Abrams is about to try and pull off; I was thinking about it last night, Ford, Hamill, Fisher: if it's going to tank, it's going to do it hard, but if not...

...the plastic-tube and flashlight light sabre is coming out of the mothballs.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
I want to know what happens after The Force Awakens.

Does it get up and make a cup of coffee?

Also, that one guy is a little short for a Stormtrooper.

After The Force Awakens- it takes a quick shower n shave then rushes out the door late for work. Its hard being The Force.

Ya- agreed too short. Most people are guessing that is John Boyega as a Trooper before he gets ditched and left for dead in the sand.

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarthFazer
My sides my sides, great stuff MM. The force is strong with your raps. These newfans must have never seen Star Wars A New Hope or remember Luke and Han Solo dressed as storm troopers when they infiltrated the first death star . The Empire has storm troopers of all colors and alien races or my voice isn't James Earl Jones. As for the hilt on the light saber, sith lords in the ancient republic favored them. They are making a come back. These pointless arguments are pure bantha fodder. The film is about Jedi being hunted by bounty hunters and sith. Enjoy it.

Tho i can't say I 100% agree that the plot is Bounty Hunters hunting Jedi (tho i am aware of the rumor) I agree with everything you just said. People are making grand leaps assuming things the trailer did not show in the first place. I understand many people are still hurt over the prequels and may be hesitant to jump on the newest SW train to town- but the trailer had class. It didn't show much and it showed exactly enough to keep things vague AND exciting.

The sword is indeed in lore and accepted by fans aware of the history of SW. And StormTroopers were replaced by human soldiers long before A New Hope. People want to hate to be trendy (In my opinion).

I hate almost everything the media makes these days...if I could walk away from the trailer impressed, I can;t see any reason for someone to point out a single second in the trailer to hate on.

Bring me the sequels. I'm ready.

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

You know it just dawned on me that maybe we got the chills because these are the movies that we that saw the originals when we were wee have been waiting for.

Maybe it's just that I'm eternaly hopeful for good things, but maybe something really magical is about to happen. We'll know right away, considering the magnitude of what Abrams is about to try and pull off; I was thinking about it last night, Ford, Hamill, Fisher: if it's going to tank, it's going to do it hard, but if not...

...the plastic-tube and flashlight light sabre is coming out of the mothballs.

Ya, if they pull this off- it will be a great victory for fans. There is a chance this will be soulless like the prequels, but if its good...oh man...that would be nice.

I notice a lot of hardcore fans (the fanatic types) are pointing out that this trailer felt like "Star Wars". And I agree. Sure it wasn't much (88 secs) but I got more feelings of SW from those seconds than I have gotten from anything SW related in decades. So hope is alive but not a sure thing.

MM

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Mr.Mask... you're Star Wars Trailer 'Rapping Response' that's truly inspired... outstanding on all fronts Sir.

Innovative/Creative: A+
Knowledge/Understanding of Subject Matter: A+
Accurate Retort to all 'Raised Points': A+
Inability to Effectively Counter-Respond: A+
Nonchalant Playing of COD Throughout: A+
The 'FU to 'Logic-Based' Fans' Narrative: A+
Overall 'Withering Bitch Slap' Rating: A+++

Thank God George Lucas had the good sense to know when his time was well and truly done on this franchise and hand it over to someone who could bring back to it's former glory and gravitas.

His last 3 'offerings' were nothing short of unforgivable and a complete and utter embarrassment. From the original Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back... to the pathetic and grotesque display of gross commercialization of I,II and III (where the complete leveraging of everything and anything 'merchandizable' was clumsily loaded into the conceptual stages of script and character development, nearly killing the entire franchise for good, through abject 'greed'), we long-suffering and 'die-hard' quintessentialists and fans from the 70's and 80's installments, may well be able to finally breath a long and overdue 'sigh of relief' that we've now got something well 'worth the wait'!! It's been a long time coming.

It's people like yourself, with the knowledge, passion and ability to shut these vocal retards down immediately with fact and logic, all goes toward ensuring those responsible for producing and creating this latest 'version' can more easily stick to their guns and deliver an outstanding film, rather than capitulating to another watered-down, bastardized and unwatchable piece of 'studio' dross.

Well done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join