It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whole sky light up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ok i,m putting this here cause at the min i don,t know where it should be.

south lanarkshire scotland last night round about 10 ish i,m sitting on sofa with girlfriend watching tv with lights out when all of a sudden the whole sky lights up for like a second and then goes dark again. i jumped up and said what the f was that?

both of us get up and look out window for 5 mins but see nothing,shes convinced it was lighting but i,m not so sure,she actually looked up on her tablet and was like heres where lightning strikes have been reported in last few hours but closest one was like hundreds of miles away at the time.

just flinging it out there incase someone saw same thing and wants to proof me or her wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Iv'e seen the same thing here in the high desert rocky Mts of New Mexico. It was even mentioned on our local news programs.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'll say it was Heat Lightning, but I wasn't there so who knows. There was no sound?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Iv'e seen the same thing here in the high desert rocky Mts of New Mexico. It was even mentioned on our local news programs.
i,ve not seen anything mentioned on mine but i,m 100% convinced the girlfriend is wrong and it wasn,t just a bolt of lighting.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Probably a good size meteor, the wife and I caught one last week, Wednesday night eastern US about 8:30 it came streaking down, broke into two pieces then immediately disintegrated into sparkling flashes. I told the wife, "that is a once in a life time sight" it was incredible!

We saw this one

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Philippines
I'll say it was Heat Lightning, but I wasn't there so who knows. There was no sound?
no there was no sound,thats what i said to her,why was there no thunder plus no sound from it?surely if it lit up the sky you would still hear the crack.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
Probably a good size meteor, the wife and I caught one last week, Wednesday night eastern US about 8:30 it came streaking down, broke into two pieces then immediately disintegrated into sparkling flashes. I told the wife, "that is a once in a life time sight" it was incredible!

We saw this one
i thought that after i saw the sky light up but shes still convinced it was just a bolt of lightning.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What color was the light?

I know this may sound like a silly question, but the color makes all the difference. It could have been a bluish light, white light, or orange light, depending on the cause.

The reason I ask is because I live in an area that gets frequent wind storms. Whenever we have a power outage due to downed trees or poles, we can usually count on seeing the sky light up a time or two with a quick bluish flash. The cause is transformers exploding which explains why the light is blue instead of the normal yellowish white color that lightning usually has.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: sparky31

originally posted by: Philippines
no there was no sound,thats what i said to her,why was there no thunder plus no sound from it?surely if it lit up the sky you would still hear the crack.

With heat lightning there is no sound. I'm not saying that's what it is, but that's my best guess =)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Meteor? ....by the way, just checked into the worldwide fireball,tracker and there were reports of a meteor sightings out on the UK....hope,that helps.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Meteor? ....by the way, just checked into the worldwide fireball,tracker and there were reports of a meteor sightings out on the UK....hope,that helps.

interesting i was driving home at around the same time last night when me and my wife saw
quite a bright meteor/fireball due north of us and around 60deg elevation
path was south to north and short so it looked to almost be falling straight down
as Lanarkshire is about 4/500 miles north of us i imagine it would have been a lot closer than us so perhaps
that was the source of the flash?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ShayneJUK

Someone in HEreford, Uk reported it...not sure if that's close to you? .....also if you go to " thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com" and scroll down .... you can see where people are reporting from, which direction the meteor went, how long, the color , the time etc... Hope that helps!

edit on 10-12-2014 by Meldionne1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join