It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Keep Your Hands Where They Can See Them.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Just to be on the safe side...in any encounter with a police officer its probably a good idea to keep your hands in plain sight and refrain from reaching towards your body or clothing. And if something itches, definitely not the time to scratch it. They will assume you are reaching for a weapon and will shoot you. Be polite, do what they say, and keep your hands in plain sight. Its just good common sense.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
HANDS UP DONT SHOOT HANDS UP DONT SHOOT

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why should I have to keep my hands in plain sight? What gives them the right to not allow me to scratch my rear end? Back in the good ol days everybody was allowed to keep a gun on their side, no big deal. It was an even playing field. Cops realize the risk they take when they sign up, it does not make them better, or more important than you or I.

not saying that one shouldn't follow your tips, just why should I have to?
What makes them better than us peons?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
" Just Keep Your Hands Where They Can See Them. "

That advice will keep you breathing deeper and longer too !!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Something I been pondering for a while now, as the situation seems to be escalating to the point where the police open fire the moment they suspect you may have a firearm, in the interest of protecting ourselves perhaps the citizenry should open fire on the police the moment we suspect they could be armed?

Yeah it's a bit extreme, perhaps even nuts.

But so is what is going on the past few years, and seems to be getting worse.

If law enforcement doesn't get a handle on their own, there may be segments of the population declaring open season on cops.

I really hope it doesn't come to that, for then we all lose.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluecollarron

Because whatever you do, it might be the last thing you do !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

And carry the Vaseline with ya.

Cops should not be allowed to assume every person is out to kill them.
They always want to talk about how it's only a small percentage of stops go bad when talking about how brutality is not a problem.
Then turn around and claim they have to assume the worst at all times.
How does that work?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't think this could fit any better.

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Franklin

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

"Why should I have to keep my hands in plain sight? What gives them the right to not allow me to scratch my rear end? "

If you have to scratch your ass, just ask first, get it approved and then proceed. Same as when you need to reach over to your glove box and get something, ask first.

If the actions you took to get you stopped in the first place rise to the probable cause / violent / felony status, then the police are going to take extra precautions to protect themselves from you. If you are outside on foot, do not advance on the police, stay still, do not reach for anything at your waist or pockets. You are considered a risk when you are within 31 ft from an officer since at that distance a person can run full speed at an officer and hit him before the officer could draw and fire their weapon - it use to be 20 ft which is one of the reasons more shootings are taking place.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
See my quote above, and like I said, what makes a cop better than myself. If I need to scratch then that is my right, and doesn't mean i need to have a gun pointed at my head, forced on my knees, and handcuffed like I am a criminal. Ever heard or due process? Innocent until proven guilty? Forgive me if I am wrong, but your post leads me to believe you are or have been a leo.
And a leo has no reason to murder someone when a taser could be just as affective. And can be drawn in the same amount of time.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

And do NOT under any circumstance place your hands on your door after you've rolled down your window and/or say anything to the officer until he has said something to you.

The only time I was ever pulled out of my car and harassed by police officers was because of the above actions, I was later told.

Goodnight and Good luck.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chuckk

With the increase of citizen deaths due to police protecting themselves, will we reach a point where the citizenry finds a need to protect itself from the police? And when that threshold is reached, is one more valuable than the other? Did one take on the risk voluntarily? Is one just simply there?

At some point, does there need to be change in thinking? Or are we going to a future where cops must get back to their families at any cost, even the lives of the innocent.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
Just to be on the safe side...in any encounter with a police officer its probably a good idea to keep your hands in plain sight and refrain from reaching towards your body or clothing. And if something itches, definitely not the time to scratch it. They will assume you are reaching for a weapon and will shoot you. Be polite, do what they say, and keep your hands in plain sight. Its just good common sense.

Yea. And if he or she starts raping you in the back seat of the squad car. You prob should just smile and not fight back. And if they decide to drag you by your face down a flight of stairs, just say thanks when you get to the bottom. When they are trying to kidnap your daughter from your front yard, definately don't get involved. When they break into your house (the wrong house) and shoot you, well you shouldn't have been in the wrong house.

All of these scenarios are real life events that have happened recently in the news.

My problem with police is, that i can't tell the good ones from the bad ones. I grew up with many of the officers in my town and i know them personally to be morally ambiguous people. I have no trouble judging the ones i don't know personally by the company they keep. For the rest, my only indication of their demeaner is the way they treat me when i am forced to interact with them. I get pulled over and mistreated at least 3 times a year. I am very rarely treated with any respect. And here is the kicker. I havent gotten a ticket or any violations in over 16 years. They are happy to tear my vehicle apart on the side of the road, and then they get mad because i don't have any guns or drugs on me. Thanks officer dudley, i'll clean this mess up right away. Not to mention our officers have a bad habit of pulling out in front of people and killing them in horrible crashes. I am so fed up.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Do your best to avoid dealing with them to begin with.
Pre emptive counter measures and such.
Avoid the attention of patrollers.
edit on 9-12-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not to mention, this is the same advice i would offer to someone being robbed or threatened by some wild crack head criminal. Not a well trained officer, who should be able to sort you out with out pulling his gun. If he is that jumpy, he should just bag groceries.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I know that things are bad enough that even when my little old mother somehow gets in front of a squad car, at her first opportunity she pulls off at the first house or store to avoid any situation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Its a survival tip for BOTH of you. With the way people are acting these guys are KEYED up.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluecollarron
See my quote above, and like I said, what makes a cop better than myself. If I need to scratch then that is my right, and doesn't mean i need to have a gun pointed at my head, forced on my knees, and handcuffed like I am a criminal. Ever heard or due process? Innocent until proven guilty? Forgive me if I am wrong, but your post leads me to believe you are or have been a leo.
And a leo has no reason to murder someone when a taser could be just as affective. And can be drawn in the same amount of time.

scratch all you want. just say "hey my *whatever* itches really bad so I'm gonna scratch it real quick." you might be amazed what a LEO will let you do if you're not in custody and give him a head's up. it's not really about sucking up or "taking it from the man." yes, LEOs assume the worst can happen at any time, on any call, when dealing with any person. that way if and when something DOES go sideways on them, they're not playing catch-up quite so hard. and when things DON'T go sideways on them, okay great, on to the next.

why anybody would do anything to intentionally add stress to an already stressful situation, or go out of their way to be unreasonably difficult, is beyond me. great, you "stood up to the man." and you turned what would've been a 5 minute conversation into a 20 minute confrontation, got yourself all worked up, got yourself handcuffed instead of sent on your way. but hey, you got a sweet video for youtube, so it's all good right?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluecollarron
Why should I have to keep my hands in plain sight? What gives them the right to not allow me to scratch my rear end? Back in the good ol days everybody was allowed to keep a gun on their side, no big deal. It was an even playing field. Cops realize the risk they take when they sign up, it does not make them better, or more important than you or I.

not saying that one shouldn't follow your tips, just why should I have to?
What makes them better than us peons?
Apparently police training must be woefully inadequate and shoot first, ask questions later seems to be standard operating procedure.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Yea. And if he or she starts raping you in the back seat of the squad car. You prob should just smile and not fight back. And if they decide to drag you by your face down a flight of stairs, just say thanks when you get to the bottom. When they are trying to kidnap your daughter from your front yard, definately don't get involved. When they break into your house (the wrong house) and shoot you, well you shouldn't have been in the wrong house.

All of these scenarios are real life events that have happened recently in the news.

My problem with police is, that i can't tell the good ones from the bad ones. I grew up with many of the officers in my town and i know them personally to be morally ambiguous people. I have no trouble judging the ones i don't know personally by the company they keep. For the rest, my only indication of their demeaner is the way they treat me when i am forced to interact with them. I get pulled over and mistreated at least 3 times a year. I am very rarely treated with any respect. And here is the kicker. I havent gotten a ticket or any violations in over 16 years. They are happy to tear my vehicle apart on the side of the road, and then they get mad because i don't have any guns or drugs on me. Thanks officer dudley, i'll clean this mess up right away. Not to mention our officers have a bad habit of pulling out in front of people and killing them in horrible crashes. I am so fed up.

Resisting only seems to escalate their violent behavior and surviving the encounter should be your main concern.Being raped, kidnapped or horribly injured is still better than dead.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join