It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cia Interrogation Report, Another Obama Political Move!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zoyd23
Does anyone actually believe anything that comes out of this administration? Even the media is getting sick of his constant lies and arrogance. What about Obama killing innocents with his drone assassinations? Lots of innocent civilian collateral damage their....and Bush had nothing to do with Obama's cold-blooded drone murders---where's the liberal outcry?

Selective outrage exposes a person's bias. That the torture happened under Bush, yet you find a way to strangle the facts to make it Obama's fault says everything we need to know about your world view.

The Left is as full of crap as the Right. Trying to make one side look better or worse than the other exposes a certain "fanboy-ism" towards politics.
edit on 10-12-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this was a SENATE report, not Obama's !!!.......jesus, can't you people on the right even get that part correct?......the administration didn't order it, finance it, or compile it.....what's wrong with you people?

Dahh Democrats in Senate spent $50 million on a damn report to tell everyone what we pretty much already knew. The Obama admin was in full support of the release.

It's funny cause past CIA directors all attest to the results that where garnered. Not saying I agree but if a suspected terrorist has to get roughed up so even one American can live then so be it. The enemy is doing for worse to us!

I love progressives on here who talk about transparency and how this is a good thing. I'd love for this administration to show some TRANSPARENCY with other issue's. What a joke!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hi, I just now joined the "Above Top Secret" community. It is definitely my kind of people. But call me tech ignorant, wth do I find the link to this story? I am really interested in reading more on this subject, because I am /was sure his highness/O's was behind this farce. What I want to know is hth does one man, and especially the president of the US of A, get by with breaking more laws known to man against the country he is suppose to be leading and protecting? And when he talks about morality, it almost makes my skin want to crawl off my bones.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Let me tell you just how good a political move this really was.

I had always thought this was a nation of laws not a nation of politicians. But back in 1996 Obama got congress to pass a law, which you can read about at:

[url=]http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2441

It is called the War Crimes Law - 18 U.S. Code § 2441

The only problem is, unless he brings about some prosecutions under this law, he could be called to account for his part as an accessory after the fact. This "could" also include many members of congress, come to think about it. I am not holding my breath for this to happen.

Maybe "we the people" should get involved some how and see if we can put some pressure on those who serve in our name.

Kind of funny just how things work out. Damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

under a fog of misdirection... this investigation was prompted by the WH concern that Muslims were getting treated roughly --- it really was not about the protocols themselves...just watch as the Muslims who were 'abused' are now treated Royally
...and the same manner of rough interrogation techniques will be permissible for the future interrogations of homegrown 'terrorists' that own or advocate gun ownership or refuse to buy Øbama -care...(my guess these 'terrorists' will be predominantly white targets

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A bit quick with the trigger there Leo...Neither selective outrage nor phanboy here...I agree, Left and Right both full of crap. Both sides are repulsive liars, at best.

No strangling of facts either--Bush administration tortured, Obama murdered. Both criminals. No bias.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This whole thread is shameful misdirection... An attempt to turn war crimes into nothing more than dirty politics.

War crimes!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This is mis direction. Maybe the timing was a deflection but...that's a small, small matter compared to actual war crimes.

It's like the fox saying that "America is Awesome" during their discussion of this. We are awesome. we are an awesome nation full of awesome people, but this matter is a serious stain on America. And real Americans look at huge mistakes, war crimes, and embarressing situations like this, head on, and take care of them. Let's cut out the distraction and take care of this issue.

No matter the timing, here it is in our laps. Let's take care of this. War crimes are not okay. We're better than this. Focus on what's important people. Focus.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You just can't please ATS. For six years this board has been clamoring for more transparency from this administration. Now when we finally get some transparency people are complaining about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotMoose
The CIA wouldn't release anything that they didn't won't anyone to see. So it makes me wonder what part of the master plan is this? All I can say is that we live interesting times and if you follow all that is going on it is playing out like a novel.
They need brains and minds for total possession and control. Governmental, environmental, fundamental .. mental mental mental. This planet has no true leadership. What's the future? Nothing different from all recorded history. The major difference between today's world and that of long history's is electricity. But a world that's lit by electricity doesn't mean humanity isn't in the pitch black dark.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
I think this is a calculated move to cause unrest across the planet. Certain groups are hard at work trying to destroy the US from within and it is working. The Democrats do not have our best interests at heart and the WH certainly doesn't.

There isn't going to be unrest. There isn't going to be an uprising. There isn't going to be a revolt or a revolution. The only thing that's happening is that people's attention is being got, had and kept for however long. That's it, that's all and there isn't going to be any great big world changing, life changing major event because of a torture report.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
You just can't please ATS. For six years this board has been clamoring for more transparency from this administration. Now when we finally get some transparency people are complaining about it.

Oh so it's not really about Feinstein the witch's bone to pick that she has with the CIA because they investigated her because she's a corrupt, hypocritical liar?
Well now I realize that it also was not to deflect attention away from the bottom feeder Gruber, and how he views all Liberal voters as imbeciles.

Yeah,Transparency.
Yeah that does sound a lot better.

I guess it's just like how their new master plan that came out today, which is to fool the herds of useful tools once again by changing the name of ObamaCare.

~$heopleNation
edit on 11-12-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Why do you believe FEELINGS are applicable here?
WE are talking about olgarchs.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
A political move from a politician, well i never.

Why would it be to distract from the gruber hearing? That thing is just BS. He made a statement saying most voters are dumb. Why are people attacking this guy for telling the truth? They may not be literally stupid or dumb, but when it comes to ignorant i couldn't think of anyone to better represent the word.

The typical american voter doesn't really know # other than "Republican good" or "Republican bad" or vice versa. It's like football to them. They've just liked the same team since they were kids, most likely because their parents did, and they really have no idea why they like them but # YOU if you say anything bad about them because it's theirs. It's pretty god damned sad imo.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
Ok so Obama is supporting the release of the $50,000,000 CIA Interrogation report.

The link below illustrates that this report will highlight the tactics used to get information regarding the war on terror that started on 9/11.

Source

This will accomplish a few things for Obama:

1. Piss off the terrorist and the world at the response America has made to combat terrorism.
2. Make republicans and Bush look bad since there was torture of some degree projected towards detainees.
3. Justify why he is releasing detainees in his typical unconstitutional manner.

It is my opinion that Obama is doing anything and everything to create drama (deflection) so America and the world are so busy protesting that they don't see what is really going on.

Typical ALinsky Tactics.

What is sad here is that people are attacking the message and the messenger as opposed to properly addressing the truth being presented. Torture is illegal under U.S. law and under any number of International Treaties and Conventions to which the U.S. and the others involved in this matter are signatories. Anyone who ordered, condoned, or carried out torture has broken a host of laws and should be prosecuted, no matter who they are or what office or position they occupy.
edit on 11-12-2014 by jaffo because: Grammar, spelling.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

It is my opinion that Obama is doing anything and everything to create drama (deflection) so America and the world are so busy protesting that they don't see what is really going on.

Yea! Damnit Obama! Deflecting by telling people what has really been going on, so people don't know what's really going on!

Wait, what?

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Why do you believe FEELINGS are applicable here?
WE are talking about olgarchs.

Because all data we have shows that torture does not work. There is no logical purpose in committing it. It is purely an emotional tactic. People who commit torture do so because it makes them feel good to harm their enemies. Victory or a truce doesn't carry the same emotional satisfaction that retribution does.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not the point, if the bad guys were logical or qunatifyable THEN we would know,now that they have no HUMINT, they are getting despratefor data.One thing about secrecy,it doesn't exactly promote NEW models of operation until something gets found.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=18747272]sirlancelot[/

If one has any relation with a terrorist and gets pulled into questioning refusing to cooperate, I would go to sleep at night feeling even better if they were held upside down by their toenails. Americans cannot even visit places over there without getting beheaded. How long do we subdue to they're hateful ways. God forsake any innocent person is ever tortured, but how innocent are these people?

Its not Obama's fault for the torturing, Its his utter stupidity for releasing such information to the public. If he was real, he would get rid of the program without putting "his" people at risk. He chose such a convenient topic to make sure the people of America were informed. What about all the other questionable topics he so conveniently forgot to communicate to the public? Why do you have any curiosity about this website If you believe the GOVT is not leaving key pieces of information out? What defense does Obama actually deserve in this case scenario?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join