It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bloomberg’s Anti-Gun Group Targets Tighter Laws in 12 States

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

www.archives.gov...

What I am talking about is the GD piece of paper called the US Constition.

It doesn't work part time, or on a conditional basis.

Ya know the second amendment can't get any more clear:

Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't say who gets to own them or what kind they get to own.

The UNCONDITIONAL RIGHT, but it doesn't stop there.

Amendment IV The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right of the people to be secure against UNREASONABLE searches ,and seizures.

That GD background check, and ID check IS UNREASONABLE. Keep reading to find out why.

Amendment V No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital or otherwise 'infamous' crime. That means being held accountable for the crimes of someone else without DUE PROCESS.

Amendment VI In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

No gun owner has ever had their days in court and their crimes 'proven'.

Amendment VII In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise re-examined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.

Guns cost more than 20 bucks, and so does the license,taxes, and fees.

Violation.

Amendment IX The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Gun ownership is a clear right, as well as those other rights that have been quoted.

No one has the right to disparage( limit) or deny those rights clearly laid out.

And the last one:

Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Guns were not prohibited by the constitution, they were never limited, and never denied to anyone.

But hey since someone thinks we need 'common sense' gun laws are nothing but the trampling of the US Constitution,
edit on 8-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

And those guns are usually owned illegally.

What exactly is your point besides spouting complete misinformation?

What exactly has been misinformation? If you have something to actually correct me on, that would be great.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: seeker1963
Source?

Second line.

Goss, Kristin, “Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control,” Princeton University Press, 2006. p. 2

Where is the link?

Or don't you have one?

Typical....

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The majority of gun related crimes are committed with guns not registered and already illegal.

Now what?

That actually helps the case for restricting production of new firearms in the United States.

Too shallow and won't work.

Criminals know how to import.

Off-shore manufacturing can only be suppressed by a massive international military force.

Careful what you wish for.

link   

I suggest you read your own posts.

link   

originally posted by: neo96

www.archives.gov...

Yeah, a piece of paper written by white male slave owners that believed in Vampires that didn't think the constitution would last more than 20 years.

It's a legal document, not a holy book.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

And as a legal document it should be upheld and not trampled on by our "leaders". What is so hard to figure out? And the slave part is completely irrelevant.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wonder if you have any source for that. The quick look I did showed that 33% of guns obtained by criminals in federal prison were obtained illegally.Link. Though, that was in 1997.

I suppose it depends on where you live but, as far as I know, suicide is a crime. Most people who die from guns die from suicide. Link

One study found, reports Hemenway, that “in states with more guns, there were more suicides (because there were more firearm suicides), even after controlling for the percentage of the state’s population with serious mental illness, alcohol dependence or abuse, illicit substance dependence or abuse, and the percentage unemployed, living below the poverty level, and in urban areas.”

And just to add some liberal spin to the explosive thread; 10 Pro-Gun Myths, Shot Down

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The majority of gun related crimes are committed with guns not registered and already illegal.

Now what?

That actually helps the case for restricting production of new firearms in the United States.

Off-shore manufacturing can only be suppressed by a massive international military force.

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the UK. In fact, gun restrictions don't look like they are causing much problems anywhere in the world, other than places that are already totalitarian.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

And as a legal document it should be upheld and not trampled on by our "leaders". What is so hard to figure out? And the slave part is completely irrelevant.

Why is THAT irrelevant?

The framers of the constitution thought it was okay to own people. Forgive me if I don't hold their opinions as holy. We have a clear method for amending the Constitution, and I believe it should be done.

link   
If he wants to keep throwing his money away it's fine with me. His efforts have been less than impressive for his agenda.

link   

Source?

Second line.

Goss, Kristin, “Disarmed: The Missing Movement for Gun Control,” Princeton University Press, 2006. p. 2

Where is the link?

Or don't you have one?

Typical....

Yeah, guess what. Go to a library and check out a book.

You remember what those are?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

www.archives.gov...

Yeah, a piece of paper written by white male slave owners that believed in Vampires that didn't think the constitution would last more than 20 years.

It's a legal document, not a holy book.

Alright then.

Want to know why the slaves, and indians weren't allowed to own guns ?

Seems to me history has already taught the lesson to be learned from..

So I fail to see the 'common sense' part with gun laws.

Except those who support it are proving darwins theory.
edit on 8-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's completely irrelevant to this discussion. I saw what you tried to do there but I'm sorry it didn't work. The issue is gun rights not slavery.

If you want to, you can do a simple internet search that would prove gun crimes are mostly committed by illegal gun owners, those who do not go through the normal channels to acquire one. As such, they usually have no sense of responsibility, safety, control and concept of the consequences of using one in an illegal manner.

Legal gun owners often hone their skills on a range or set up in their yards, land, etc. Illegal owners have a very rudimentary understanding of how they work. They also have a mindset of criminality whereas legal owners often use them for protection from those criminals, or in the course of their duties (police and the like) or, through trade (hunters, farmers, ranchers, homesteaders who need one to protect from animals, criminals).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Source?

Second line.

Where is the link?

Or don't you have one?

Typical....

Yeah, guess what. Go to a library and check out a book.

You remember what those are?

As I thought.

Guess what, I don't believe you!

But I do know who Kristin A. Goss is. What a bio! No skull and bones connections or anti gun connections with this winner is there!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Because they weren't considered people.

link   

As I thought.

But I do know who Kristin A. Goss is. What a bio! No skull and bones connections or anti gun connections with this winner is there!

You don't believe me about... what? Libraries?

Yeah, I assure you, they exist.

link   
And the 13th amendment of the 1930's was sooooooooooooo successful it helped create and foster Organized Crime by creating an enormous black-market (and associated political corruption) in illegal alcohol. You may ask yourself, "why is he bringing prohibition into this discussion? It's irrelevant!".

Well, whenever you ban (on in this case repeal the 2nd amendment which is in effect a total ban) an item, it opens the floodgates for big $$ in illegal sales and trafficking of that banned item. What these approaches fail to do it to address the CAUSE of the problem. The concentration on the symptom of the problem only satisfies the short-term, meanwhile over the long term the disease eats away at the host until it dies. We need to deal with the issue of the systemic dismantling of the mental health infrastructure of the USA. We need to also teach children how to handle the little disappointments in life, so they are prepared to handle the bigger ones life tosses at them later. When every child is treated as special, and can do no wrong ,and is never told "no", or gets a trophy without earning it, they get a false sense of self esteem. IMO, it results in a delay and amplification of the disappointment when they get into the real-world and find they are not special and everything isn't going their way. They cannot handle it and snap....and seem to take others with them along the way.

Punishing law-abiding citizens (of which there are literally hundreds of thousands) for the transgressions of the < 1% is in itself delusional IMO.

edit on 12/8/2014 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

As I thought.

You don't believe me about... what? Libraries?

Yeah, I assure you, they exist.

Are we playing word twister?

I am getting bored.

Cya!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Now what?

Doesn't seem to be a problem in the UK. In fact, gun restrictions don't look like they are causing much problems anywhere in the world, other than places that are already totalitarian.

hmmm.

Firearms: cheap, easy to get and on a street near you

From drug dealing to settling playground squabbles, firearms offences are rising.

The gun shown here, a Webley, is up for sale in London for £150, one of hundreds of such weapons that are easily and cheaply available on the streets of the UK's big cities, a Guardian investigation can reveal.

The variety of weapons on offer in Britain is extensive and includes machine guns and shotguns, as well as pistols and converted replicas. A source close to the trade in illegal weapons contacted by the Guardian listed a menu of firearms that are available on the streets of the capital.

Boyng ing ing

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join