It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Cop Caught on Cam Brutally Attacking Teen Girl While Mother Begs Them to Stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I totally agree with what you have been saying . The female officer did what had to be done . People having a mental disorder of any kind can have great strength and this officer most probably stopped her from suffering far greater injuries . This officer should be thanked not put on youtube . What next , officer arrests black male for speeding .

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

What makes you think anyone can reason with a psychotic person who just attacked you?
Your continual attempt to reinvent this story just isn't happening. The girls own mother couldn't help her yet you get out your high horse and claim adulthood means you can reason with anyone violent and psychotic.
Go find another you tube hero with a bad cop story, you will make more ground and it is all the rage right now.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Incredible, no fact checking, baseless accusations. And what's with this new trend that a mentally ill person is harmless or something? Does a bullet from a mentally ill person not cause damage? Does a knife held by a mentally ill person lack the capability to stab or cut? Do the punches and kicks from a mentally ill person lack any power? Funnily enough, it can be the opposite.. Mentally ill people are actually more danger usually, you know - they're mentally ill.

One minute people whine that a taser shouldn't have been used, CS shouldn't be used, ASP shouldn't be used, guns shouldn't be used - less lethal force should be used like hand to hand combat. Now that shouldn't be used! I also see people in some threads saying cops shouldn't even be allowed to speak or ask questions!

Who's mentally ill again?

Some of the people in this thread and ones like it sound like they would fit this description:

James L. Gilkerson had a library of antigovernment, homemade munitions and firearms books in his vehicle — along with an AK-47 assault rifle, five loaded 40-round magazines for the weapon, knives, five pounds of gunpowder and a black mask and gloves, authorities say. He was unemployed, spent his time caring for his ill mother, and apparently had no history of mental illness.

One of his books, Resistance to Tyranny, espouses a lone-wolf “underground movement of secret freedom fighters, each acting individually and independently to ignore, evade, resist and thwart the increasingly heavy hand of government power.”
www.salon.com...

And they probably think they're going to spearhead something like this:

While in reality their fate is more likely to be this:

Good riddance you piece of ****.

The cops were OK by the way, the female officer the 'hero' (to some people round here I'm sure) shot recovered eventually.

edit on 9-12-2014 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   
duplicate
edit on 9-12-2014 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: Grovit
Having shared my home with more than half a dozen teenagers over the years, I know that the worst possible course of action when a teen is enraged, hurt or afraid is to grab them. Hormones and adrenaline will put them into something like temporary insanity, even children without mental illness issues. Police are supposed to be trained to deal with all different sorts of people in all sorts of situations. I've never been to a police academy but all my cop friends were trained to talk, talk, talk and listen, listen, listen and de-escalate.

If you have a video of the cop being kicked and punched, I'll be glad to take a look at it. Otherwise, I'm going to have to conclude that it's another case of, "She was coming at me..." the standard excuse that LEOs trot out when caught being bad.
Do you not hear the shock in the voices of the people in the video saying, "She just punched her in the face" just after the video begins? Who punches a child in the face?
And yes, I've been punched at by an distraught teenager. I somehow managed to dodge and never felt the need to attack the child, throw him to the ground and put my weight on him. I was the adult. Why can't cops act more like adults and less like schoolyard bullies?

It's amazing to me that you're trying to equate having a teenager in your home to dealing with a teenager on a busy street. In a home, you have all kinds of time to talk things out. The teenager can go to their room, or you to yours, or at least just separate areas of the house.

Where was that option here? Oh, yea, the teenager trying to cross a multi-lane street. So again I ask: what's the alternative here? Let her go on her merry way? Ah, so that way the officer, who is now responsible for her safety (because guess what, any time you get pulled over by a police officer, your safety is now their responsibility. That's the actual reason LEOs tell you to stay in your car: they don't want you running around and getting hit by somebody. So then if and when the girl gets hit by a car, now the officer can be lambasted in the media for not detaining the girl and preventing the tragedy of her being struck by a vehicle.

Was the girl physically restrained? Yep. Against her will? Yep. Was there any other viable option? Nope. I mean unless you'd rather the officer OC spray her, Tase her, throw some joint manipulation on her, shoot her, or something like that with an elevated level of force. I think the officer did a great job. Another officer may very well have thrown a couple of strikes when the girl was flailing around and kicking out, but this one didn't. She continued to hold her down until she was able to get her secured. The people taking the video, and posting it, are absolutely trying to make an issue out of nothing. Talking about the officer (who they refer to multiple times as "she" and not "he") punching her in the face multiple times. I still can't see any strikes in that video, after watching it multiple times. Is the officer holding her head down? Yea. But that's not quite the same as cocking a fist back and raining blows. And I have yet to hear anybody say "hey delete that video" so I'm inclined to believe they made that part up to add some "omph" into their already crap video.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join