It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm A 59 Year Old White Woman And I'm Afrsid Of The Police Too.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I`m a 54 white male and I`m not afraid of the police,I sowed my wild oats when I was younger and was arrested a few times but I`ve never had a police officer even point his gun at me.
I was in the military so I know how to treat people with respect,I give the police the same respect that I give my parents or a commanding officer.
Even those few times when I got arrested I didn`t give the police a hard time, I knew I was wrong and there was no point in giving the officer a hard time he was just doing his job.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
37 year old white male. not afraid
ive been stopped before....
never been tuned up, tazed, shot, beat down or anything else.

i also dont start swinging on the cops. i dont go for their weapons. i dont steal # and rough up an innocent person.
you know. im not a dick...so, im not afraid
no reason to

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Afraid and wary , two slightly different mindsets...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not but that's an issue that can be easily remedied. Though I'm not sure if it's legal or not to drive with a "broken" permit (was it snapped in half? Was it a temp paper permit presented to him after he passed to be used until his "card" arrived in the mail?) I'm sure if you called the DMV or went down there they could print out a new slip or issue a temp paper permit until a replacement arrives.
It was his plastic drivers license. He broke it in half from sitting on it in his back pocket.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beforemorning
a reply to: rickymouse

To put it briefly, act like a French guy during the Nazi Occupation during WWII.

You mean set up a quiet resistance network where you use the ability to blend into the population as a method to perform reconnaissance and identify targets in order to silently murder your oppressors in the middle of the night? And after getting your victory, turn on the collaborators?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I understand your apprehension. Perhaps you heard of this case. This lady was 54 years old, sitting, minding her own business in a parking lot when she was brutally murdered by a cop.
reason.com...

Does three years in prison sound like justice to anyone?
Having seen these stories for at least a decade now, anyone with working brain cells better be afraid, very afraid, when those lights go on.

Or maybe you saw this story: www.chron.com...

Poor woman was involved in a fender bender and was raped in the back seat of the responding squad car.

Or this one: thefreethoughtproject.com...

I'm a bit short on time but I could go on for several pages if I took the time to look up the incidents.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm a 23 year-old mutt that's white. And while I'd be afraid of a crazy cop, I don't get myself into situations that would really expose me to that.

There's also an easy answer to your dilemma, OP. Go and get him a new license at the DMV for like $35 or something. And tape his back together until you do. Then if there's a problem--well he just cracked it so it shouldn't be a huge deal. Don't be afraid of the police especially for something that goofy. You've got nothing to worry about, ma'am.

Or if you're that concerned or have thrown away the broken license then I guess he can't drive until he gets a new one. Oh well, life happens sometimes.

And to the poster before me--dude the lady was sitting in a parking lot? isn't that illegal to begin with? That sounds kinda shiesty to be doing in the first place. Not saying it was right that she got hurt but maybe she should have been sitting inside or on her porch so that she didn't look like a vagrant or a hoodlum. Common sense is a good thing to have. I wouldn't just chill in a parking lot because that's weird as heck.
edit on 8-12-2014 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
You people should be afraid of cops. They're corrupt and target people to harass. I ended up homeless after posting on conspiracy forums and they were arresting me for no reason and taking me to the hospital to be commited. One time I posted an online ad looking for a roommate and got a call from someone claiming to want to look at the place. It turned out to be a cop who took me against my will to the hospital to be assessed then released.

To hell with cops. THe Canadian ones monitor online activity and harass select people like me. If you're reading this and you're one of them.. You know who I am and I know and you will BURN IN HELL FOR WRECKING MY LIFE.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I do not like the police myself- but for a variety of reasons:

The Orange County Sheriff's dept has- for lack of a better term- abused me nonstop during my stay in FL for 3 years. I have not been arrested, cited, etc. However, EVERY incident where I needed the cops, or even thought I was *helping* the cops was met with a level of derision and abuse that was unbelievable. I then find out that they regularly hang out with the drug lords playing basketball, and on election years 'let' someone who is a dangerous criminal cause havoc and destruction, so the local politicians can get more votes. I personally saw that twice. The timing was almost to the week for each time.

The last time we saw their impeccable behavior was when they told the victim of a sexual assault to 'just move'. We got that treatment when someone broke in to where we were living...

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Maybe stop watching/reading the "news" so much and all the rants on social media, and things will get back to normal for you.

I remember when I first found ATS, I lost a lot of sleep over boxcars with shackles. Remember...perspective is everything, and logic is important.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
I'm a 23 year-old mutt that's white. And while I'd be afraid of a crazy cop, I don't get myself into situations that would really expose me to that.

There's also an easy answer to your dilemma, OP. Go and get him a new license at the DMV for like $35 or something. And tape his back together until you do. Then if there's a problem--well he just cracked it so it shouldn't be a huge deal. Don't be afraid of the police especially for something that goofy. You've got nothing to worry about, ma'am.

Or if you're that concerned or have thrown away the broken license then I guess he can't drive until he gets a new one. Oh well, life happens sometimes.

And to the poster before me--dude the lady was sitting in a parking lot? isn't that illegal to begin with? That sounds kinda shiesty to be doing in the first place. Not saying it was right that she got hurt but maybe she should have been sitting inside or on her porch so that she didn't look like a vagrant or a hoodlum. Common sense is a good thing to have. I wouldn't just chill in a parking lot because that's weird as heck.

She was sitting in the parking lot waiting for someone to arrive and interview her for a job. What is shiesty about that? And she didn't "get hurt"---she got killed! BY A COP! FOR DOING NOTHING! But I suppose until it happens to you or someone you love, you will simply find outrageous reasons for this sort of behavior. I guess being what you call "weird as heck" is a basis for being shot these days in your world and getting into a minor fender-bender is reason enough for a cop to rape a woman? If they can do it to others and get away with it----they can do it to you!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I think that it is right to be aware that the training and general perspective of the police is changing to see the general population as The Enemy. Having said that, over the years most of my interactions with the police have been positive. They do their jobs.

One drove me home when I was working a late shift. No hassel, no touchey-feely he was just being nice and was worried about a young girl (was 19 but I looked younger) walking home alone late at night.

One pulled me over for speeding (I mean seriously speeding) and chased me for 3/4 mile before I noticed blinky lights in the rear view (yes I know... I know...) He started out pissed (couldn't blame him). My end of the conversation went like this:

"Yes officer"

"I'm sorry officer".

"Yes officer"

"Yes I do have a hearing problem actually."

He gave me a "don't do it again" and let me on my way. He could have COMPLETELY busted my chops (mostly deaf or not), but he didn't.

My other interactions have been mostly neutral.

Except when my I.D. was stolen. Then they treated me like I was the criminal. It took an attorney to sort that mess out, and those cops... were total jerks.

For the record... Blonde, white lady, really small, not much of a threat.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Instead of being afraid of the police and being worried they will hurt you, why not try to get to know some of them in your local area? That's what I did (of course I live in a small town.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join