It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Can’t Detox Your Body. It’s A Myth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

My goodness you become base quickly don't you.

1 & 2 say nothing to what I asked so what was your point?

3 I will keep in mind if I ever have chemotherapy.

4 I will keep in mind if I ever ingest lead regularly.

5 Is about Milk Thistle please review my posts in this thread.

6 Is about Milk Thistle please review my posts in this thread.

7 I will read more on curcumin thank you for the info.

8 I will read more on curcumin thank you for the info.

If you wish to move on please do. There is no need to troll the thread.

As far as what you presented I may have to re evaluate curcumin I haven't changed my mind on vit C based on what you presented. Seems as though the OP stands because there doesn't seem to be any evidence that concoctions detoxify.

Specific ingredients have been shown to help the liver do its job but juicing/cleanses have not been shown to be beneficial r worth the money.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Grimpachi

Best detox you can take has existed harmoniously with humans since, well forever. Good ole dihydrogen monoxide.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Uses

Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used: • as an industrial solvent and coolant.
• in nuclear power plants.
• in the production of styrofoam.
• as a fire retardant.
• in many forms of cruel animal research.
• in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
• as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Facts

Dihydrogen monoxide:
• is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
• contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
• may cause severe burns.
• contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
• accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
• may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
• has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Very dangerous stuff.
edit on 8-12-2014 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've always figured that a lot of the foods - veggies, fruits, spices, herbs, healthy fats, nuts, seeds, water - should all be part of a balanced diet..
Too many people don't eat enough herbs, onions, garlic
We need a good variety of the healthy foods, and then our bodies will utilize what it needs.
Even dandelions have usefulness - put in salads.

A lot of what I read as "cleanses" sound awful when they're made into some strange concoction like maple syrup and cayenne, or olive oil and lemon and garlic......I'd rather make a salad, dressed with olive oil and lemon and load it with garlic.

I drink water with lemon juice and stevia at least 3 times a day, but it's not to cleanse, I just can't stand unflavoured water.
I think all tea is considered diuretic, therefore might help certain organs function better - in moderation of course.
People prone to kidney stones shouldn't drink a lot of tea

Good foods in enough of a variety will fix many of the problems created by bad foods, if people stop eating the bad foods

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Just take B-Complex vitamins to give your natural metabolism a boost. The main ingredient in most detox drinks, etc. Is Niacin also known as Vitamin B3\B6.

And they sell that crap for like 20$ a bottle..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

if you want to cleanse your body you just need to eat right.....lots of raw foods and try to minimize meats and processed foods....after all the cleanse is appealing to those who do not eat right so they can go buy a crappy product and feel like they are doing the right thing.....

Eating right. HAHA I don't think that will ever happen with me. It sounds great but putting it in practice is an entirely different subject. Like I said the cleanse if off the table for me. I may try a 3 day fast if I am remembering the article recently on here that seems to have some benefit. I looked up other info on it that corroborate the claims.

If I was cooking for more people that would be one thing but most of my meals are of convenience. That is just the way things are now.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I eat a salad just about every day. I sometimes throw some chicken in with it and that would be diner. Other times I just have it salt pepper oil and vinegar with whatever else.

I am not much for vegetables otherwise aside from my beefsteak tomato on a sandwich. Oh well.

Like my father and his father before I am more of a meat and potato person. Generally for lunch I have one of those muscle milks if there isn't much time they seem to be loaded with vitamins. So there is that.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

eating right is hard...90% of supermarket food is just garbage....and i hear ya about the cooking thing...it makes it really hard when its just yourself to cook for...

i have a bit of room here so i grow my own ....i can pick a salad after taking a few steps out my front door,no pesticides,herbicides or any other nasties...i have chooks and they get leftovers from the garden and i use their dropping in the compost,when it breaks down it gets put back in the garden...so at least i know i am eating chemical free eggs and veg

fasts are great as you are stopping the flow of crap in your system which then allows the body to process and try to get rid of them

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I completely agree that the majority of these "detoxing" methods are completely useless. I remember researching the issue a while back when I heard about those pads that you stick to the bottom of your feet, that supposedly draw toxins out. It sounded completely absurd, and it turns out it was. The body just does not work that way. Another thing that people seem to get hooked on are those colon cleansing products, where the bowels produce this "ropey" stool. What they don't tell you is that this weird-looking stool, which is claimed to be made up of toxins, is produced by the ingredients in the product itself. It gums up like that inside your stomach and bowels, and because it doesn't look like that going in, people assume it was already inside them. I imagine that many people on ATS fall victim to these scams without ever realizing they are being scammed, since there is an alternative health type crowd here. A lot of the results occur because the user thinks it will work, even though nothing has really changed. Basically a placebo effect. So the article in this thread confirms the conclusions I had drawn in the past, and thanks for sharing it. I should add that people should look towards real research that has been done on such products, as well as use some common sense. If the research says something doesn't work, this does not mean that it is being suppressed or anything like that. That is not to say such things couldn't happen, but these are rare occurrences in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
IMO Quackwatch is a good source of information on medical scams, including "detox" & "colon cleansing" ...
quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/detox_overview.html
edi t on DecemberMon, 08 Dec 2014 17:34:55 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington
thats funny because i found a UMM.edu with a long list of 26 studies that gave supporting evidence of the benefits of using milk thistle.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
There are scientifically proven substances that help liver and other organs. One of these is Milk Thistle which has been scientifically proven to cleanse and repair the liver.

Nope.

There is no causal evidence of Milk Thistle helping the liver. No mechanism for the supposed health claims have ever been found.

hahahahah

my wifes step father has hep c.
someone at the bar told him that milk thistle will help to heal his liver.
i told him hell no and you better get to the doc....
interfuron alpha...not milk thistle.

he didnt. went with the thistle.

now he has cirrhosis.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: guyopitz
thats funny because i found a UMM.edu with a long list of 26 studies that gave supporting evidence of the benefits of using milk thistle.

milk thistle probably does have some benefits......the trick is though is you have to have a good balance in your diet....your body cannot absorb nutrients well if you do not have this balance.....

think of it like plants...most plants like a ph neutral soil..... if the soil is too high in either acid or alkaline the plant will struggle to absorb nutrients even if you are feeding it constantly...same goes with our bodies....

granted there are some plants that thrive in an acidic soil or an alkaline soil but for the most part it has to be nuetral

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
edit: wrong post
edit on 8-12-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
... someone at the bar told him that milk thistle will help to heal his liver.
... now he has cirrhosis.

Hopefully the bar serves alcohol-free drinks ...

"... the two common causes of cirrhosis are heavy alcohol drinking and hepatitis C infection ... "
patient.co.uk/health/cirrhosis-leaflet

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I think that and probably some other things such as that do have some benefits but my problem with them is how they are touted as miraculous cures for serious ailments.

Lets put it this way if I were diagnosed with liver problems or such then I probably would take Milk Thistle but I would also do what the doctor says and check if Milk Thistle could cause adverse effects with his/her treatment. I doubt it would.

IMO opinion people shouldn't take an either or method of treatment which I see stories on very often to their own detriment I will add.

All too often though people buy into things that have no medical benefit whatsoever most will not hurt them to take though some will. In cases where people shun proven medical treatments in favor of unproven ones then the only winner in that case is the person selling the cure all. We should all be on the alert for hoke curealls and expose the ones with no benefit otherwise they will all get a bad rep.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So what?

That doesn't negate the fact that no causal link between Milk Thistle and liver health has ever been determined.

Although a number of animal studies demonstrate that milk thistle can be helpful in protecting the liver, results in human studies are mixed.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You can most definitely detox your body.. Problem is most people don't have the discipline to go through it.. in 1994 a friend of mine gave me a book called Survival into the twenty first century by Viktoras Kulvinskas.. its a bunch of hippie mumbo jumbo but the wheatgrass diet peaked my curiosity ..I was coming out of an opiate binge (back surgery) and feeling crappy.. Anyways long story short .. I did it.. It was terrible going through it.. I was sick, weak, flu like symptoms and the stuff that was coming out was scary.. Right when i was about to say F this. I reread the chapter and it described everything that i was going through but to hold fast because i was almost through.. Well i made it and it was unbelieveable.. I blew buttloads of snot and could actually breathe .. Its amazing what we grow accustomed to, but if we regain what we've lost.. miraculous..

After the "cleanse" I ate healthy for about three months.. Energy levels through the roof.. The most fascinating thing was .. when i ate, i could actually feel the energy, how certain foods give you various amounts.. Sugars would speed me up.. My thinking was clear and it was easy to focus.. I could fall asleep fast and stay asleep all night..

Well after the three months i decided to swing by Mcdonalds.. Bad move..As soon as i finished i felt ill.. Flu like symptoms, clogged up, sick to my stomach and nose all plugged.. I haven't tried to redo the diet since..

Running across this thread has me thinking about trying it again.. The wheatgrass is disgusting.. like drinking globs of snot.. The book tells you exactly what youll experience and what level of detox your at.. They talk a lot about fecal matter

I challenge any nonbelievers to give this a go.. Caution, you will be pretty sick so try to time it when you have time off of work.. You have to be disciplined but if you can man your way through it.. You'll definitely be a believer..

BTW, ive tried a ton of other, colloidal minerals, blue green algae.. Whatever the flavor of the month was.. This works..

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: HooHaa

.I was coming out of an opiate binge (back surgery) and feeling crappy.. Anyways long story short .. I did it.. It was terrible going through it.. I was sick, weak, flu like symptoms and the stuff that was coming out was scary.

You may not realize it but what you just described is called withdraw. I went through the same thing from opiates as result of surgeries. It was horrible as you described.

I wasn't taking any body cleansers though. Same symptoms and same results.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This sounds like a great excuse to keep on eating unhealthy and "living it up"...

Of course expensive magical cleanse drinks or products are not worth it, there is no magical drink that bypasses lifestyle change, it takes hard work and serious will power.

Eating a plant based, mostly raw diet does wonders!

I'm in such better shape physically and mentally now at age 28, compared to how I felt and looked at 18.

Crappy food effects your brain chemistry too, so when we are eating whatever we want, because cleansing your body is a myth apparently, we are not freakin " living it up"........

edit on 8-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'm pretty sure that the OP wasn't talking about eating healthy when he was talking about detox regiments.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join