It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in a name? Mercy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AlephBet

lol. Good one. So what do you think?

While speaking of the devil--- though, apparently this idiom would conflict Plato's rules of rhetorics in this occasion, since it would come in the wrong sequence, some of these strict rules of the Trivium I am sure vethumanbeing can extrapolate on, since they are briefly discussed in the codex so politely delivered by him in the post he made just above this here humble post.

Well, speaking of the devil, there is another name that has been hidden in fog in the Bible. The name mistranslated into Lucifer by Sir Bacon in his King James Version of the Booke of Isaiah. In the Hebrew the text reveals nothing relating to Lucifer or any other Roman deity for that matter. KJV's "Lucifer, son of the morning" is written in the Masoretic text: הילל בן שחר or Hillel ben Zohar. As in Hillel, the father of Talmud? And Zohar, the 20+ volumes of the knowledge of good and evil? I understand this can be hard to swallow, Lucifer sounds much more sinister than some ancient Jewish name, and Jesus apparently sounds much sexier than Hosannan ben David. So if we call the President of the USA Obama or Osama, does it really matter? I'd say yes, it matters volumes.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gorsestar

Hosannan ben Davud! En-kadovosh Javeh!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

While speaking of the devil--- though, apparently this idiom would conflict Plato's rules of rhetorics in this occasion, since it would come in the wrong sequence, some of these strict rules of the Trivium I am sure vethumanbeing can extrapolate on, since they are briefly discussed in the codex so politely delivered by him in the post he made just above this here humble post.

Well, speaking of the devil, there is another name that has been hidden in fog in the Bible. The name mistranslated into Lucifer by Sir Bacon in his King James Version of the Booke of Isaiah. In the Hebrew the text reveals nothing relating to Lucifer or any other Roman deity for that matter. KJV's "Lucifer, son of the morning" is written in the Masoretic text: הילל בן שחר or Hillel ben Zohar. As in Hillel, the father of Talmud? And Zohar, the 20+ volumes of the knowledge of good and evil? I understand this can be hard to swallow, Lucifer sounds much more sinister than some ancient Jewish name, and Jesus apparently sounds much sexier than Hosannan ben David. So if we call the President of the USA Obama or Osama, does it really matter? I'd say yes, it matters volumes.

Zohar. "IN THEORY NOT PRACTICE" should be written as his epitath on his tombstone.
edit on 8-12-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Zohar. "IN THEORY NOT PRACTICE" should be written as his epitath on his tombstone.

a reply to: vethumanbeing

Are you threatening me again? Not very polite

edit on 8-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Mods should probably take a look at this

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
שחר is shahar not zohar. There is no z in there.

ש is "sh" not z.

ben David means son of David.

His name is Yeshua because that means "Salvation" in Aramaic. It has nothing to do with Yahweh. There is no "Yah" in JEsus, nor is there an Yah in YEshua. He was given his name, according to Matthew 1:21, because "he shall SAVE his people from their sins".

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
originally posted by: Utnapisjtimoriginally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

VHB: Zohar. "IN THEORY NOT PRACTICE" should be written as his epitath on his tombstone.

Utnapisjtim: Are you threatening me again? Not very polite

????!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
שחר is shahar not zohar. There is no z in there.

ש is "sh" not z.

Fair enough. I did write the Hebrew with a shin, anyway, Shahar means Daybreak, while Zohar is often translated Splendor or Radiance. Truth is זהר and שהר are the same word, only written in two different dialects and stages of Hebrew/Aramaic. Do a search for זהר and שהר in an indexed online Bible for instance, there are a few. As you'll see, זהר is a spelling used in later Aramaic in Daniel and Ezekiel, while the Old Hebrew שהר is found in the oldest parts of the Bible, like Job and Psalms. זהר (wit a Z, not an S) is also stripped from it's direct connection with the Sun, as שהר is, meaning daybreak or dawn.

ben David means son of David.

Yes, and what's translated "Hosanna, the son of David!" in Matt 21:9 is a Greek pervasive nominalisation of the Aramaic proper name Hosannan ben David. Backwards engineering is lovely stuff.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

VHB: Zohar. "IN THEORY NOT PRACTICE" should be written as his epitath on his tombstone.

????!

See what happens?
edit on 8-12-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: closed an unclosed quote tag in vet's Polish Reichstag

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
1000 times a d/p

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

VHB: ????!

Utnapisjtim: See what happens?

No; I must have blinked in anticipation of 'Seer' vision happening.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Perhaps Utnapisjtim is a/k/a - pseudonym- superhero stage name - alterego - Jekyl's Hyde for...Zohar...who doesn't want an epitaph...
...Or - could have meant something else.

edit on 12/8/2014 by WanDash because: rephrasing

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

THIS bollocks happens, sherlock:

Unless you notice, you just claimed to be Utnapisjtim. I don't like it when rednecks like yourself tamper with the evidence and play with the bbcode syntax. Those lines of texts are there to indicate which quote is the child of which parent. And before you start whining about Lot and his misfortune and you and your friend's little rubber ducks, I am referring to levels of parent-child hierarchy in things like database entries that you wilfully seek to disrupt and confuse with your editing. Leave the hierarchy intact or at least do it right if you want to change the order of quoted text. There. Sherlock.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Methinks Utnapisjtim may be a/k/a - pseudonym- superhero stage name - alterego - Jekyl's Hyde for Zohar...who doesn't want an epitaph...
...Or - could have meant something else.

Yes or what kind of surgery should I anticipate having; after this run in with Moriarty (Zohar + all pseudonyms obviously does not want to die or as a superhero construct has no awareness it is mortal).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Hehe, loved it. Nah, it's just that a certain Bill & Ted couple here, have been out playing secret agents in the moonlight and left quite a bit of evidence of their whereabouts and of being where they shouldn't be. While at the same time boasting about it over a few hours of bickering in another thread of mine they managed to completely ruin in the process. Wonder what else they have been organising.

And with an average of about 9 flags per thread, I notice how this thread hasn't got a mere one just yet, and suddenly everyone is acting the Artful Dodger, whistling and looking the other way. I don't know about you, but I find that pretty peculiar, don't you. I find it odd, that's all. And I'm not hurt by not getting flags here, I am merely showing off a case of statistical improbability.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Yes or what kind of surgery should I anticipate having; after this run in with Moriarty (Zohar + all pseudonyms obviously does not want to die or as a superhero construct has no awareness it is mortal).

Precision Relational Database Design & Implementation Theory As it Relates to Discussion of Theoretical Constructs While Denying Ingorance
This is important.
Please be aware that...more effort is required... You are still...a wannabe until this has been perfected.

/sarc (Sarkhasmoff)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

THIS bollocks happens, sherlock:

Unless you notice, you just claimed to be Utnapisjtim. I don't like it when rednecks like yourself tamper with the evidence and play with the bbcode syntax. Those lines of texts are there to indicate which quote is the child of which parent. And before you start whining about Lot and his misfortune and you and your friend's little rubber ducks, I am referring to levels of parent-child hierarchy in things like database entries that you wilfully seek to disrupt and confuse with your editing. Leave the hierarchy intact or at least do it right if you want to change the order of quoted text. There. Sherlock.

I think I have more stars and flags than depicted here; not sure (the print is too small).

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim
Well - I gave you a flag!
I thought it was a thought-provoking OP...
And, the discussion, imo has been quite intelligent (again - emphatically - imo) and well above-par.
With my flag...you have me beaten... (kinda hope it stays that way, too) ...
Thought I had a great thread topic...and I was the only member that responded to...my thread.
I read your entire thread before going back and flagging & starring.
Perhaps you just attract interesting discussion...(among those that place little value in stars &/or flags) ?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
originally posted by: WanDash
originally posted by: veteranhumanbeing

VHB: Yes or what kind of surgery should I anticipate having; after this run in with Moriarty (Zohar + all pseudonyms obviously does not want to die or as a superhero construct has no awareness it is mortal).

WanDash: Precision Relational Database Design & Implementation Theory As it Relates to Discussion of Theoretical Constructs While Denying Ingorance
This is important.
Please be aware that...more effort is required... You are still...a wannabe until this has been perfected.
/sarc (Sarkhasmoff)

Yes; I KNOW I need to increase the sizes of my fonts to be seen LARGER (typeface)more emphasis, (heard: more exclamation points!!) in the mid western matter-of-fact/plain speaking manner (no need to further handicap myself as I will be denying IGNORANCE just in the act of doing). Think, think, more effort is required "crying bloody tears" now; but a small price to pay for 'absolute 'perfection' of understanding another complete human form.

"Be careful , you are not in wonderland.
I have heard the strange madness long growing in your soul;
But you are fortunate in your ignorance; in your isolation.
You who have suffered; find where love hides;
Give, Share, Loose,
Less we die un-bloomed." Allen Ginsberg

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

I have a simple answer that might take you in a new direction. Did you know that Plato hinted often in regard to how they derived knowledge. It's called Pederasty. This practice continues today among Catholic Priests.

WIKI: Pederasty or paederasty (US /ˈpɛdəræsti/ or UK /ˈpiːdəræsti/) is a (usually erotic) homosexual relationship between an adult male and a pubescent or adolescent male. The word pederasty derives from Greek (paiderastia) "love of boys", a compound derived from παῖς (pais) "child, boy" and ἐραστής (erastēs) "lover".

They had young men as lovers. When Socrates was accused of corrupting the youth, you need to know how. Is there a parallel to the way philosophy can be twisted to suit the end goal of the speaker? Can willing evil be forgiven, even if it is founded on ignorance of truth? What if truth is known, but the act continues? Mercy is a tricky subject.

I say this in kindness to you, but honesty about the subject. If this knowledge shocks your soul, then you have learned something about yourself by reflection. If you are horrified, then the opposite is true in your own heart. In other words, you are of a higher degree of knowledge than the ones professing genius from 'love'. This same process allows us to see error in others, yet recognizing it in ourselves. Is Satan necessary as an accuser of mankind? Is Yahweh necessary as the maker of Satan? What purpose do they fulfill, allowing us to rise above what they accuse? Is the accusation righteous? Can self-righteousness also be wicked?

I am seeking to find the answer to this same philosophical question. Evil is shocking and repulsive. We know it when we see it. War, death, malicious leaders and the list goes on. Satan is the evil in ourselves that we do not overcome until we can recognize it and stamp it out. If you have overcome, then that part of you recognizes it in others. Once you reach the point of forgiveness, you are full enough to know why you should. God works in all hearts equally. The truth will be known by all in the end. By this, you are set free from the error you were shown. It's the truth that repulses you to the former error.

If you must forgive your enemies to be forgiven, would you go so far as to forgive Satan? I am not saying we will need to, but it is an interesting question to ask. If God forgives us, what should we do in return? Is it possible that this message to forgive enemies originates from the perceived enemy himself?

It's a philosophical question that is hard to answer. We ARE required to answer. We face the need to forgive Satan in others each day.

edit on 8-12-2014 by AlephBet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Sure I'm not Mycroft? Or that fat guy with a cane and sixpence? Ever heard of nyud.net? There are a few other such services out there too. I love them. You should try it. Lets you see what changes are made to more or less all pages on the net, often in real-time, or you can slide time back and forth (almost as in IRL when you learn to handle the secrets of life).

So if let's say "Ernie" (let's just call him that for now) decides he'd close down his servers and his bitcoin mining operation to let's say (in theory of course) re-route the flood of hashed coins from his affiliates' HW he's hosting physically, to let's say, a secret digital wallet he's stuck away somewhere, under a claim that the whole mining operation is now gone bogus since he was attacked by the Devil (!), and that because of that he has been unable to hash for over a week while disappearing completely from all means of contact (as well as claiming a family member was dying, that he caught the flu, that he suddenly was moving physical location, that a massive denial of service attack destroyed the equipment, all in about a week....).

I mean, the guy is paranoid, and he is short on air, he's desperate, for things are starting to Kristalize itself, and people are starting to realise what this fake of a con-man is.... well, part of his plan seems to be to let it out on me, having me and a few others not mentioned take the force off the blow. Well, to quote one Queen Elizabeth, a distant relative of mine: «NOT BLOODY LIKELY!».

And last night we were able to trace "Ernie's" trail of slime far behind our defences. Copies of signed logs and and other evidence is secured, just in case he should pull the drama queen card again as he uses to. Penny snatcher, this "Ernie". Penny snatcher. I mean, how low can you go? I thought I'd been pretty low and stupid in times of my life, but this here, maan, it's waaay outta my league. Touché! I'm impressed! Honestly!

I am certainly the first to admit I'm not a saint, but backstabbing and boasting of drowning kittens and what should be written on my tombstone? Comeon. Like I said in an earlier post, you guys probably have your own satellite by now. And I expect a pm or something from Admin or Mods, I guess I would have to explain myself further. I hoped it wouldn't come to this, but it appears I'm already past Rubicon. Bollocks! I hate this damn war!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join