It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please make it stop.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   
This is really starting to give me the sh!ts big time, please make it stop.

When I try to login, regardless of where I pick on the screen login button or otherwise I get this.

Not only that but all sorts of other malarkey, so I'm asking nicely, please make it stop.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
It won't stop, because you are not logged in. People who visit ATS and don't have an account or aren't logged in get massive advertising. Quit logging out and the problem won't be near so bothersome. I never log out and only have this problem when my laptop gets a hair up it's butt and loses some cookies. Once I log back in, it's all okay and life goes on. Quite frankly, a lot of sites have ad overload to encourage membership. It's no big deal.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Just ignore it - that stuff is the reason the site is free.

Don't let the small things get you worked.

( I hate the rollover ones !! )

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

As a reply to all so far;

As a member I would expect to be able to click on the login button without this sort of BS happening, to be frank it's insulting.

There is obviously one other way to stop this happening and that is currently under consideration.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
omg that lady is peeling off her skin like a reptilian!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

Succinctly put weirdguy and I believe your reaction provides the opportunity for, quod erat demonstratum.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
lol

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I will see your lol and raise you a WTF.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

I am doing my best to click off the "old lady suddenly - looks 12 ! " pop up ; without getting steamed.

Slightly irritating at best.

Oh yes you are correct, ad blockers are against t&c's.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

One line posts, too. except they have a good reason. Aint this a reason? Or AD-absurdum?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I think given the site started off on one guys whim, and has evolved into a machine, where its staff are not paid, it's rude.

"Look at this conspiracy" -> "Hey you all looked at that conspiracy?" -> "Pay me to look at that conspiracy!"

bleh

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
As a member I would expect to be able to click on the login button without this sort of BS happening, to be frank it's insulting.

How do you expect the site to know if you are a member or not before you log in?

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
yea the ads and cookies are starting to be a pain. i understand the need to generate revenue but it's getting to be a bit much.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It would not be as bad if it did not appear that a 5 year old with ADD who was never prior exposed to colors designed the ad layouts..no offense

The homepage is almost seizure inducing now! We are a few steps away from looking like a torrent website. :O

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I was told by a mod once that ads pay the bills. I suppose they could dispense with ads and charge membership? Which is more painful?

I think some people are ad happy. Its in their DNA and they are really just mad at themselves for being so conditioned by a lifetime of advertising.

Its like a drug. We simultaneously hate it and are addicted to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I avoid this by never logging out.

peace,

AB

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The whole subject of intrusive and annoying online advertising is interesting to me, are people really buying things from these adds?

Personally the more obnoxious they get the more I refuse to even click on them, heck I even back out of sites with overdone adds.

I don't notice it on ats due to I stay logged in, and mostly use mobile so I see very few adds here.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

One line posts, too. except they have a good reason. Aint this a reason? Or AD-absurdum?

Yes.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Look It bothers me as well but insulting?

Like me maybe we should take a break and get some fresh air every now and then if such measly things are getting on our nerves.

Please don't take that wrong way, I have no idea how much time you spend in nature enjoying this amazing planet we live on, just saying don't get insulted or bothered by something that is one click of a mouse and its gone.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
To all those suggesting not to log out,

some of us paranoid nuts feel as though if we stay connected to certain servers we leave a back door open on our computers even though this paranoid nut knows it matters not if you are logged in or not, someone is always watching and listening.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join