It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really, ATS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

My thoughts exactly. I had to take a second to remember where I was at.
I wasn't logged in at the time and between the Bounty paper towel ad
and the Best Buy ad, all the ads in between the posts, the background,
and the foreground with all it's colorful confusion messing with my brain....
and then I read " Exposing BS, one turd at a time." Where the heck did
ATS go??

From almost 9 yrs ago to today, I think ATS has taken a huge nose dive
and it is a very far cry from the conspiracy forum that it once used to be
and is now just a colorful playground where the ads take priority and
the forum content is 10% of what it used to be.
I used to love ATS, but this is not the same ATS that I joined years ago and
where I used to spend lots of time here, I'm lucky if I come once
a week now.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrInquisitive
Furthermore, I thought there were rules against posts with swearing ,yet the management is clearly pushing this show. What's with that massive double standard? Really.

For the apparently hundredth time, we've always allowed contextual non-gratuitous swearing to be posted to ATS as videos and podcasts, which people can chose to watch/listen or not. The restriction is on the permanent text of forum posts.

Have you listened to ATS live? There's swearing there as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: network dude

I watch it, too, and I love the messages, but I'm still not a fan of those words and I absolutely HATE Stinky! I refuse to watch any episode with him in it... Christmas spirit be damned! LOL!

It's Mr. Hankey.

I'm not sorry. It's the meanness in me.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
but these words seem to appeal more to an 8-year-old audience or South Park viewers and I don't use them.

While I completely concur about the use of those words, I also enjoy them as I have a juvenile sense of humor. I like South Park and when they offered the choice of voting for a giant douche or a turd sandwich, it kind of personified the election process in the US. I don't believe it could have been explained any better.

As Sgt Hulka says, "Lighten up Frances".

Unbelievable...

If I was so miserable with the ads on the site...I wouldn't come.

I don't watch the NLBS stuff.

But, I never once thought about complaining.

If you don't like something...Move on.

It's just a little embarrassing to call out the site owner in this way.

Do they go in people's homes and start rearranging the furniture ?

Lighten up...Indeed
edit on 8-12-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

This guy gets it.

That last paragraph ought to be quoted.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I look at it this way, if I don't like something I ignore it.

This thread brings up the old saying "even bad publicity is good publicity." If you don't like something, ignore it. By bringing it up, you're only contributing to it (publicizing it) thus giving it more exposure, more power.

Like government. People can't stand it but the more you participate in it, the more powerful it gets.

To some it's ironic, over commercialized, hypocritical, dumb, etc. To me it's a non issue, because I simply could care less. Telling people what is a conspiracy, what to be aware of kind of backfires.

If you can't stand something, don't feed it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What's wrong with explicit swearing, verbage and outright profanity? Especially when used appropriately and in good taste.

It's the way adults talk.

We can watch people getting beat to death, beheaded and choked to death,children shot on ATS via youtube but we can't express ourselves and say that's ****** up, without the censor avoiding ********?

We can insult each other using clever little euphemisms, but we still know what we mean.
edit on 8-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Really.

And here I thought you graduated from Junior High School. No one would ever accuse ATS of being a professional site, and this is ample proof. I would never advocate censorship. By all means express yourself any way you want to. But what you say and how you say it reveals your character.

Grow up, S.O.

Really.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I am somewhat confused, Are these videos supposed to be BS or are they supposed to be bringing into the light wrong doings?

I started watching "NYPD killer cop" and had to stop. I thought it was so biased and one sided and that it was only a propaganda video.

I always figured ATS was a site that would argue all sides of a story and "deny ignorance". The video I watched was a very biased one sided opinion with little jabs thrown in towards other cases.

So NLBS is just propaganda videos highlighting the views of the ATS owner??

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

And you wouldn't get frustrated after years of working on this site and all you get is bitching and complaining? Usually from the same few people? I think he's showed remarkably "adult" restraint myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
So NLBS is just propaganda videos highlighting the views of the ATS owner??

You watch a short bit of one out of 26 videos and that's your takeaway?

I'm sorry we can't confirm your biases for you. However, the intent of the show is to showcase BS as what it is, with facts, research, data, and whatever else qualifies for accurately reporting truth.
edit on 8-12-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I for one would like to see SOs post scrubbed as a one word reply.
For a thread that started off headed down hill, this one turned into an avalanche with that reply.

Two points on that.

1) 1-line and minimal responses have always been specific to non-contributing responses. My, "really" was answering a question posed by the opening post -- so it contributed.

2) We almost never take action against any 1-line/minimal response in the off-topic (formerly BTS) forums.

Why so uptight?

For a moment here, I was going to respond to your question with....

"Because".

But rather I will speak openly of my motivation. I was amused at your cute curtness and could actually see a slight inclination of your head and a small grin curl the side of your mouth as your eyes rolled briefly upward. I then pictured you sitting back in your seat, putting your forehead in your palm as your elbow rested on your arm chair shaking your head back and forth.

I then realized that I had never before happened upon a thread early enough in which you had engaged to make an addition that was not lost in the dim pages of reply and response. At that point I decided upon what to me was a course of action in accordance with the OP's original position of a down-slide in ATS standards as well as my perceived humorous reply of yours. And as I make an attempt to never attack or refute a RANT, for rants are rants, I turned my scathing wit on you. I almost asked for a banning or short term suspension, but as I was so beside myself I didn't think of either of those until I had hit the reply button.

And oh, thanks for the clarification on the rules big dude.

Yours

T

Edit. I forgot to mention, that I also thought that a jab at you, so early in a thread calling for you to be censured would get me a whole bunch of stars, which as I have now gone back to check was successful. I have never come anywhere near garnering so many before. Purely self serving.

edit on 31America/ChicagoMon, 08 Dec 2014 14:06:12 -0600Mon, 08 Dec 2014 14:06:12 -060014122014-12-08T14:06:12-06:002u06 by TerryMcGuire because: Edit. I forgot to mention, that I also thought that a jab at you, so early in a thread calling for you to be censured would get me a whole bunch of stars, which as I have now gone back to check was successful. I have never come anywhere near garnering so many before. Purely self serving.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

So that was about a 75 word "because?"

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Merry Christmas SO...

Love your site. 👍

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Well, I do like to type. Dexterous me.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Can't anyone take criticism anymore? The beauty of Earth is there's differing opinions on many things. People there's no need to be childish because someone doesn't like a function or because someone does. If you don't like it, ignore it and be one less person in the pool. On ATS civility is supposed to matter, I know childishness is acceptable because it really doesn't harm anyone but it just makes people look like they're uncompromising and hardheaded.

Done with this thread because it shows constructive criticism isn't acceptable unless it's answered with childishness.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Done with this thread because it shows constructive criticism isn't acceptable unless it's answered with childishness.

Where was there something constructive? If there was, I missed it.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I dunno, it kind of reminds me of my big brother telling me I am a turd....
lol

I like it, but then I like funny stuff like that.

Kind of like the saying

"I wouldn't " shhhhhhh" you,
you are my favorite turd!"

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

There is constructive criticism, and there is complaining for the sake of it.

ATSMix got complaints.
ATSNN drew complaints.
Conspiracy Chicks drew complaints
Recap drew complaints
Live! and the other radio shows have drawn complaints
and now NLBS has drawn complaints.

Why? Because it seems simply some people like to complain, and an awful lot of people are also afraid of any kind of change.

That and the fact that people fix on what they believe ATS holds itself up to be and then expect it to apply their standards.

NLBS exposes BS in a modern way. Its a video show, its designed to grab peoples attention, make them think and to entertain an entirely different generation - the one that has grown up immersed in the net, with social media, with bite sized video and not the one that came before where we have simply adapted to it instead.

edit on 8/12/14 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Even if you called it Next Level Beef Supreme, someone will be offended.

Boo hoo.
/internet

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join