It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really, ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I gotta say when I logged in and saw the background of the site I was a little shocked. NLBS, exposing BS, one turd at a time?

Really?

That's what you guys are going with?

Way to keep up the image of the site, I have to say I am pretty disappointed. What an immature slogan to plaster all over what used to be a pretty grown up and professional looking website.

Boo.
edit on 7-12-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Given that B.S. stands for 'Bullsh!t',

its actually kinda clever.

a reply to: ValentineWiggin

edit on 7-12-2014 by Psykotik because: just cuz

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
^ I thought that was pushing it, personally, without the immature catch phrase.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

Really.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ValentineWiggin
^ I thought that was pushing it, personally, without the immature catch phrase.

Are you some sort of Amish Puritan hybrid?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
They're just joining in-the fundamental product of the western world is the development,marketing,dissemmination,packaging,promotion and management of bulldust in virtually every field or endeavour.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I for one would like to see SOs post scrubbed as a one word reply.
For a thread that started off headed down hill, this one turned into an avalanche with that reply.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

LOL

K

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I gotta say when I logged in and saw the background of the site I was a little shocked. NLBS, exposing BS, one turd at a time?

Really?

Way to keep up the image of the site, I have to say I am pretty disappointed. What an immature slogan to plaster all over what used to be a pretty grown up and professional looking website.

Boo.

I actually agree with your OP. I never liked the name and still don't. It's not that I am offended as much as I find it beneath the level of class I associate with this site.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree, that's a great way to put it.
Well said, Metallicus.
edit on 7-12-2014 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Really?

Boo.

I think it's kind of clever as well considering all the BS that comes out of the political class and the MSM. I think we all know that one cannot pick up a turd from the clean end, so it does fit ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I for one would like to see SOs post scrubbed

Censorship? Surely not!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
So they should come up with a more PC term for what's going on?
Sometimes ya just gotta call it what it is.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
I for one would like to see SOs post scrubbed

Censorship? Surely not!

Oh I am sure you know what they meant, a one word reply, as so many people get pinged for.

But, unfortunately, in this case, it answered a question that was on topic.

So.. no one can expect the 'no 1 line' rule to apply, because if it contributes to the thread and is on topic, it doesnt need to be verbose.

"Really ATS?"
"really."

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
And as to the OP. I also agree.

I don't think it is very good to hold the user base to the standards we are held (thought it is why most of us are here) and tell us not to use expletives. yet then use an initialism that refers to an expletive as a means to advertise.

It's edgy though, punches you in the face and says "WATCH ME." - but it's a little too try hard, for my liking. I watched it once, and had to stop. Macho Alex Jones blurting opinion as fact is still .. well not my thing.

I do get lots like it. it wouldnt be as popular as it is, if not.

I'm more a thinker, and a tinkerer. I don't want to get angry, I want to solve puzzles. I don't go out and protest, I look for answers. whispers can change the wind more than fists...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I ignore it. I don't need people telling me what is a conspiracy, what is insane, what is outrageous. I don't have a problem with the name, I just don't watch youtube shows.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

I'm more a thinker, and a tinkerer. I don't want to get angry, I want to solve puzzles. I don't go out and protest, I look for answers. whispers can change the wind more than fists...

"Since everything is an apparition, perfect in just being what it is, as it is. Having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection... You might as well burst out laughing!"

-Tibetan Dzogchen Master Longchenpa (1308-1369)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Just hit the ctrl and + and blank it out - job done

2nd

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I don't mind the idea of it at all. But what really distracts and actually turns me off a bit is that the site now looks like some wild McDonalds induced kaleidoscope of crazy coloured candy at a carnival. I'm actually embarrassed to show people the site right now because it looks very gimmicky. Surprising after all the votes for a subdued, darker scheme during the last major overhaul.

I think a column of text links would go over much better than the thumbnails.
edit on 8-12-2014 by CraftBuilder because: I added the last line.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join