It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Karen Straughan: Angry Misogynists! Or how cracked popular perception has become.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Love that song.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: SearchLightsInc

And let's not forget that those "threats" she received resulted in a whole 3 people being convicted. It was a storm in a tea cup she played up to the media in order to get her campaign some air time - a campaign based on BS. She makes out like there aren't any women on Bank notes before her little crusade, but there have been Women on bank notes since the 1970's!

And the fact she is in league with that snivelling little hypocrite Owen Jones just irks me even more.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18744548]HarbingerOfShadows

Oh and stuff like this:

What the hell!!!....??

Is this for real?
This is absolutely shameful.
This girl should have been arrested.
False accusations and then assault.

I really hope she does time for this.
Does anyone know what the result of this was?

Such anger...
I have to tell you this puts a damper on her "cause" whatever that might be.
Totally unprovoked attack.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The fact that you dislike Owen jones says it all for me Stu. That woman set off a campaign to get a woman on a bank note and was treated like absolute scum - would the same have happened if it was a man advocating we put a woman on a bank note? Not at all. Good thing those idiots were arrested really. No doubt their sat in prison feeling sorry for themselves and blaming feminism for their situation.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Why? The guy is a total hypocrite, who pontificates from his Guardian column inches about the woes of the world and the poor, downtrodden masses while not offering anything of credibility in return, while living the high life as part of the London set, having enjoyed a cozied upbringing under the tutelage of his Communist parents and grandparents, while serving the Labour party in his Youth. In fact, he is the living embodiment of many on the left - they think that way because of their parents rather than having come to their position themselves.

As for the Bank notes, the Woman was campaigning for something that was already there! There was a woman on the £5 note and at the suggesting that Winston Churchill be featured on the design of the £10 note, she launched into her campaign as if there had never been a woman on a note before. All that has happened now is that woman on the £5 note is to be removed and Churchill is going on that instead. In the end, a net result of naff all.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Why? The guy is a total hypocrite, who pontificates from his Guardian column inches about the woes of the world and the poor, downtrodden masses while not offering anything of credibility in return, while living the high life as part of the London set, having enjoyed a cozied upbringing under the tutelage of his Communist parents and grandparents, while serving the Labour party in his Youth. In fact, he is the living embodiment of many on the left - they think that way because of their parents rather than having come to their position themselves.

As for the Bank notes, the Woman was campaigning for something that was already there! There was a woman on the £5 note and at the suggesting that Winston Churchill be featured on the design of the £10 note, she launched into her campaign as if there had never been a woman on a note before. All that has happened now is that woman on the £5 note is to be removed and Churchill is going on that instead. In the end, a net result of naff all.

Yano lately ive noticed right wing media/nut jobs trying to show how hypocritical popular figures of the left are. The fact's are, owen jones talks common sense. I dont expect you'll see that considering your a die hard conservative. You should give his books a read - You'll notice the thousands of 5 star reviews.

The point still remains, she, as a citizen of the UK SUGGESTED that we should have a woman on a bank note and the misogynists went crazy. Now, i like winston churchil and i would like to see his mug on our £10 notes but i would also like to see another woman on the notes as well.

Us damn women, we just want it all dont we? (Please dont break out into barrage of threats in regards to how you're going to hunt me down, kill my cats and drink my tea when your done)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

I was looking for a video that shows a woman screaming the vilest stuff in this guys face because he was going to the conference I mentioned.
He was just taking it too.
Couldn't find it again.
Found that.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Some women?
Yes they do.
They say it clearly.
But if you call them on it, IT'S MISOGYNY!

Equality?
Right....
edit on 9-12-2014 by HarbingerOfShadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: HarbingerOfShadows

She assaulted that guy because he was going to that conference?

The same one where they chanted throughout and then pulled the fire alarm?

Keeps getting worse. I am at a loss for words.. Haven't been to a college cAmpus in years, but is this what it has degenerated into?

Not very man friendly.. Was getting uncomfortable when I was in college, but this is just insane.

Reverse sexism... Bullying tactics?

It is all too confusing. I mean, in the working world we do not see this..
Men and women get along great where I work. I work for two women... (My manager and my director)...

Just surreal.
Thanks for sharing though..

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Being a victim doesn't make you special.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

The point still remains, she, as a citizen of the UK SUGGESTED that we should have a woman on a bank note and the misogynists went crazy.

"The people that disagreed with her are misogynysts." --feminazi
edit on 9-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

[quoteThe point still remains, she, as a citizen of the UK SUGGESTED that we should have a woman on a bank note and the misogynists went crazy.

The same protest is happening in Canada...no women on bills here too, except for the Queen and I am bored of looking at her face.
edit on 9-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Uhm....
Then there is a woman on the money there.
The last part of your comment invalidates the first.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

Yea.
From what I understand it's pretty normalized now.
Anything that contradicts the feminist narrative of women as mostly but usually solely as victims and men as mostly but usually solely as victimizers is met with extreme hostility.
Which ranges from tearing down all the posters advertising conferences, to protests like that and etc.

Which only serves to enhance my skepticism of feminism as the cure-all most pretend it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

Some women?
Yes they do.
They say it clearly.
But if you call them on it, IT'S MISOGYNY!

Equality?
Right....

You say it like mysogyny doesnt exist. Of course it does. Always has.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The point still remains, she, as a citizen of the UK SUGGESTED that we should have a woman on a bank note and the misogynists went crazy.

I cant call them mysogynists because they threatened to rape and kill a woman over twitter because she wanted to see another woman on our bank notes? You can label me a feminist for pointing that out? Haha, who knew!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows
a reply to: InTheLight

Uhm....
Then there is a woman on the money there.
The last part of your comment invalidates the first.

One woman...many different men on bills. I, we, would like to see the many woman who have made great contributions to our country on the bills as well...to acknowledge their contributions.

Correction: there is another woman, but they call her the nameless scientist.

www.ctvnews.ca...

edit on 10-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: SearchLightsInc

I cant call them mysogynists because they threatened to rape and kill a woman over twitter because she wanted to see another woman on our bank notes? You can label me a feminist for pointing that out? Haha, who knew!

Yes, those people are misogynysts.

I don't like you. We should go out on a date, sometime.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I'll be leaving this here, just in case anyone still believes that feminism is some sort of benevolent movement...

check-your-privilege-feminists.tumblr.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: vasaga
I'll be leaving this here, just in case anyone still believes that feminism is some sort of benevolent movement...

check-your-privilege-feminists.tumblr.com...

We could all counter with posting misognist men's unbenevolent movements, as well.
edit on 10-12-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join