It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genesis supports Evolution

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Genesis does explain where we come from. The birds and all living creature in the sea come from the wathers.
All living Things that walk and creep on Earth comes from the Earth.

Science is trying to figure out how.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Wathers?.
Also birds are relitives of dinosaurs.
Evolution happened and continues to do so.
Stop taking a 2000 year old book of tales as science...it isn't.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Wathers?.
Also birds are relitives of dinosaurs.
Evolution happened and continues to do so.
Stop taking a 2000 year old book of tales as science...it isn't.

Birds are from the water. And some DINO kind are from the water as well.

I can compare genesis to science if i want. You dont have to if you dont like to.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Quoting myths doesn't prove anything. There is simply no testable evidence backing your claims, starting with the first one. It's like quoting "Lord of the Rings" in an attempt to prove that Hobbits exist. Don't you understand that?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Quoting myths doesn't prove anything. There is simply no testable evidence backing your claims, starting with the first one. It's like quoting "Lord of the Rings" in an attempt to prove that Hobbits exist. Don't you understand that?

Genesis Chapter one supports evolution. Is evolution a myth now?

Just because science cant prove that Birds came from the water, dosent mean it is false. Science first have to prove that it is false first. ANd science must state proofe that Birds came from a different Source.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Just because science cant prove that Birds came from the water, dosent mean it is false. Science first have to prove that it is false first. ANd science must state proofe that Birds came from a different Source.

And just because I can't prove that you hatched from a Dodo egg doesn't mean it's false. You totally misunderstand the scientific method. I suggest you take a course in basic science. It's impossible to prove a negative. How about you start by defining evolution. Fill in the blank: evolution is _________. We can go from there.
edit on 9-12-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

And just because I can't prove that you hatched from a Dodo egg doesn't mean it's false. You totally misunderstand the scientific method. I suggest you take a course in basic science. It's impossible to prove a negative. How about you start by defining evolution. Fill in the blank: evolution is _________. We can go from there.

I Guess you are a scientist who i can argue this With right?
Who do you work for?

Simply put: evolution is a timeline of inherited changes.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Who do you work for?

Evolution is the process of change through mutation over time so, yes, the changes are inherited. Now do you understand that it is impossible to prove a negative? Do you understand that the scientific method involves the use of testable evidence? The claims in Genesis (some of which are whopping contradictions such as the order of creation in Genesis 1 and 2) are just that--claims. There is no testable evidence backing those claims. Nowhere does it say that change occurs through genetic mutation over time. You can spew verses until you faint, but it proves exactly nothing. You're welcome to believe everything written in the Bible, but, no matter how much you want it to, it does not correspond to scientific fact.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Who do you work for?

Evolution is the process of change through mutation over time so, yes, the changes are inherited. Now do you understand that it is impossible to prove a negative? Do you understand that the scientific method involves the use of testable evidence? The claims in Genesis (some of which are whopping contradictions such as the order of creation in Genesis 1 and 2) are just that--claims. There is no testable evidence backing those claims. Nowhere does it say that change occurs through genetic mutation over time. You can spew verses until you faint, but it proves exactly nothing. You're welcome to believe everything written in the Bible, but, no matter how much you want it to, it does not correspond to scientific fact.

Genesis Chapter one can make its claim. Science have to prove them wrong if they want to Call genesis Chapter one a myth. Without proof you have no ground to state that Genesis Chapter one is a myth.

What if science proves that genesis is right? Whats your argument going to be then?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You still haven't grasped that it's impossible to prove a negative. No, science doesn't have to prove you wrong. It's up to you to prove that your claim is fact. That's how it works. If you don't believe me, take a course in science.

Myths are stories about supernatural deities. That's how mythologists define the word. The Bible, Genesis included, it a compilation of ancient middle eastern myths. If you want to believe that the stories actually happened, enjoy.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You still haven't grasped that it's impossible to prove a negative. No, science doesn't have to prove you wrong. It's up to you to prove that your claim is fact. That's how it works. If you don't believe me, take a course in science.

I have not made any claims. Moses did. I have just stated how i understand genesis Chapter one when i read it.
If you cant read i bet you dont know science.

I am waiting for science to prove the claim false. Apart from that there is nothing you or i can do about the claim genesis makes. You can Call it a myth all you want, but it dosent change the fact that the claim is out there.

The evidence is backed up by the Word of God. You probably dont believe in God so even you have to wait for science to prove that the claim is false. You said that it is impossible to prove a negative. I gues you will never know if Your claim is true, You claim that genesis is a myth. Wouldnt you have to prove Your claim? Or are you in some way excused from your own rule?

You to are making a claim. But you dont see it that way at all do you?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

I have not made any claims. Moses did. I have just stated how i understand genesis Chapter one when i read it.

I am waiting for science to prove the claim false. Apart from that there is nothing you or i can do about the claim genesis makes. You can Call it a myth all you want, but it dosent change the fact that the claim is out there.

The evidence is backed up by the Word of God. You probably dont believe in God so even you have to wait for science to prove that the claim is false. You said that it is impossible to prove a negative. I gues you will never know if Your claim is true, You claim that genesis is a myth. Wouldnt you have to prove Your claim? Or are you in some way excused from your own rule?

Moses is a fictional character--unless, of course, you can cite contemporaneous documentation proving that he actually lived. I'm betting you can't.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Moses is a fictional character--unless, of course, you can cite contemporaneous documentation proving that he actually lived. I'm betting you can't.

No i can not prove that moses existed. I can only prove that the claim is out there.

You cant prove Your claim either. You can not prove that genesis Chapter one is a myth. Saying that it is a myth is nothing but a blind Guess from Your side.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah sure Genesis supports evolution, right after the sky fairy used magic to create a man from dirt and then a woman from said mans rib.....but everything else is supported.....

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
Yeah sure Genesis supports evolution, right after the sky fairy used magic to create a man from dirt and then a woman from said mans rib.....but everything else is supported.....

Man might have be created from dirt, you wouldnt know. Because nobody else does.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Genesis does explain where we come from. The birds and all living creature in the sea come from the wathers.

All life came from the water. It's not like that is a hard thing to guess either, 3/4ths of our planet is covered by it.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Man might have be created from dirt, you wouldnt know. Because nobody else does.

Sure he might also have been created by a leprechaun's bottom burp.

However both suggestions are completely at odds with evolution, so when you claim 'Genesis is based on evolution' you show your blinkered view of reality.

Or maybe it was leprechauns...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No i can not prove that moses existed. I can only prove that the claim is out there.

You cant prove Your claim either. You can not prove that genesis Chapter one is a myth. Saying that it is a myth is nothing but a blind Guess from Your side.

Are you unable to comprehend that mythologists define the word "myth" as stories about supernatural deities? I've already stated that. Read that first sentence over and over until you understand it. In itself, it does not mean that the stories are fabrications. Need I define fabrications, too?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

All life came from the water. It's not like that is a hard thing to guess either, 3/4ths of our planet is covered by it.

According to genesis. The first life started on Land. verse 11. And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sure he might also have been created by a leprechaun's bottom burp.

However both suggestions are completely at odds with evolution, so when you claim 'Genesis is based on evolution' you show your blinkered view of reality.

Or maybe it was leprechauns...

Heaven and Earth and life could not have been formed by a leprechaun. By thinking so it just goes to show that you have no idea of what God is. And you probably dont know much about science since you dont know what God is.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join