It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666 Reference in new "Nightcrawler" Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Did anyone else catch this? (If you saw the movie)

Jake Gyllenhaals character says:

"You can find almost anything if you look hard enough"

Then it flashes to:

There is this awkward extended pause, like the film is giving the audiance time to notice the 666 theme everywhere.

Scene:

edit on 7-12-2014 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Have those images been taken from an illegal pirate copy? How Come it has an awards embedded into the images?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
You're seeing what you want to see, and it's absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: southtower

My mobile phone number has 666 in it,does this mean that me or my phone are the spawn of satan?

Also I've just noticed that Kryties post count ends in 666,does that make him the spawn of satan as well?

edit on 7-12-2014 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Any conspiracy theorist familiar with recent media (Hollywood, Televison, Playstation, Xbox, Youtube, Music, etc) knows that the number 666 is popping up at an alarming rate. Everywhere.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Have those images been taken from an illegal pirate copy? How Come it has an awards embedded into the images?

That would because the film has recently leaked on a variety of P2P websites. Somebody left a DVD of the screener in a PC somewhere, or somebody who received it for awards consideration uploaded it online.

Either way, it's there now.

I don't see the 666 thing though. I'd imagine it's a coincidence..

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

So what if there is a 666 reference?

No big deal

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

My mobile phone number has 666 in it,does this mean that me or my phone are the spawn of satan?

Also I've just noticed that Kryties post count ends in 666,does that make him the spawn of satan as well?

Yes, yes I am your Dark Lord.

I require the slaughter of 10,000 virgins please, hot ones.

Thanks,

Satan.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

So what if there is a 666 reference?

No big deal

Yeah. "666" is such a well-known cultural reference, and has been for decades. I remember the 'Omen" movies from the 1970s and TV shows from that time, such as "In Search Of...", that spotlighted the whole "number of the beast" thing.

So considering that it is a well-known pop-culture reference, if a filmmaker wants to give a certain feel to a film or a scene, it wouldn't surprise me if he uses the "666" reference, even if the reference was a bit subliminal.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: Imagewerx

Yes, yes I am your Dark Lord.

I require the slaughter of 10,000 virgins please, hot ones.

Thanks,

Satan.

Good job specifying which kind. Otherwise you'd end up with 10,000 of something highly undesirable.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Yeah, 10,000 Margret Thatchers would be my own personal nightmare....

....oh...wait....

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
there are more than three 6's though.
so no, i dont see the 666 reference

tenth is right.
there are a lot of screeners showing up right now.
its awards season......
i love awards season

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

If you've actually watched the film you'd know that it revolves around dark themes and questionable morales - even if the reference was intended it fits in perfectly with the movie so what's the problem?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
There are actually six 6's on the screenshot you posted. How do you get 666 out of six 6's? ...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Numerologically speaking...

The number 6 is often considered the most harmonious single digit. The most important characteristic of the number 6 is its loving and caring nature. The number 6 is the glue that keeps a family or community together. However, in numerology when the numbers repeat themselves it often means transgression. It often means taking things to far and can even mean the opposite of the original number. In this case, the number 666 can mean separation. It can also mean the opposite of harmony and the opposite of love.

The number 666 can be traced back to the time of Babylon. They used to have 36 gods, all with a specific number assigned. The god of the Sun was said to be the most important and he was always the last god to be numbered. The first god (the least important) had the number one assigned. The second god had the number two assigned and so on. Eventually the god of the sun was given the number of the sum of all the other gods – the number 666. It’s to be noted that in ancient Babylon gods were thought to be mostly evil rather than good.

Linky
666 is infamous in our society because we are overwhelmingly a xtian nation. But 666 is so much older than the book of revelations in the bible. I don't think the movie was getting at anything specific, though I haven't seen it. I think maybe they were having a little fun, but I don't think it was by accident. Hollywood sets up scenes with a micromanaging eye. Seldom does anything escape their attention. Even so-called bloopers could be edited out before we see them, but that's not near as much fun.
edit on 12/7/2014 by Klassified because: add link

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

the 666 theme everywhere.

I can count about 6 6s,

Any conspiracy theorist familiar with recent media (Hollywood, Televison, Playstation, Xbox, Youtube, Music, etc) knows that the number 666 is popping up at an alarming rate. Everywhere.

Yeah its been bashed into everyone head by Christians for a while now, no wonder people see it everywhere.

Looks like Grovit and Bovah see the same as I do, its not 666 but 6 here and 6 there more than 3 times and not in the fashion you are thinking, the 666 that gets debates so much all over the place.

What if the number is 616 like some say when translating what is said in the bible.
edit on 7-12-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It may have been intentionally planted, to give the hint the star character is a borderline sociopath. Sort of like the scene in Clockwork Orange where the star character (also a sociopath) was sandwiched between his two former mates turned bad cops who were sporting the badge numbers 665 and 667. Just a film gimmick to suggest "here is evil..." Although for Nightcrawler the suggestion of evil may not necessarily pertain to Gyllenhaal's character as much as to the unethical "news" studio in the film.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I was surprised when it ended with no sense of justice or anything, very much a sociopath's movie.

Nominally bad person does nominally bad things. Gets rewarded. Good people get taken advantage of, movie ends.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
As said earlier, more than 3 sixes, its a dark movie so using vaguely quasi-demonic imagery fits in.

If you are of the belief that 666 popping up in media is some satanic ploy, remember, the oldest bibles and scriptures found to date refer to the number of the beast as 616, latter day bibles using vague references to six hundred, threescore, and six, rather than the more historical 616.

Surely anyone with nefarious aims for some occult reasons, would know this, as I'm not even xtian, just interested in history and ancient texts.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman
True, but 616 isn't stuck in everyone's head. 666 is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join