It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Anti-holiday thread ..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
For all those who had enough of the phony cheer .. cheesy carols .. annoying relatives dropping in without warning .. crass materialism ... and all the rest of the holiday madness ..

Grab a drink .. throw darts at carolers .. cook up a reindeer steak .. and escape the madness of the season ..

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Cheers Pat. Out here in the boonies don't get any of that but I'm puttin on a pig spit. Locals will be here with their home brews and moonshine. Prawns, pork and pissup. Xmas cheer is here.

Have a good one Pat,

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001
Cheers m8 ... unfortuneatly due to matters in friends will am stuck in "civilization" this year ... otherwise would be back up in the mountains away from the idiocy ..

Sounds like a grand party there lots good food and drink ..
Was wondering as hadnt seen ya on in awhile .. glad to see all is well .. and happy anti-holiday ( gotta maintain image .. ) it all just another day to me .. now gotta find some elves to toss for the elf tossing event ...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Always amazes me how nice people appear to be during the season, and the rest of the year they hardly nod hello.

'Tis the season to be phony.

la la lala land…

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Maybe people truly believe "the reason for the season"....
Feel free to be grinches though

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It will be just another pointless lonely holiday where nothing is open, rubbish on tv, spent alone, drinking. just like the last 15 or so. Listening to all the obnoxious neighbours partying till 3am, playing music, pretending they care about each other.

I'll be drinking though, so hopefully I pass out before it becomes too noisy..

bah humbug.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

OK you win??

No decorations here, no christmas music, no tree, no trays of cookies, just NO.

I will be wisking the over excited, over gaming, over lego'd "grand" here for some quality downtime from whatever society has attempted to morph him into and just be chilling working on spelling & math. Maybe squeeze in a bonfire or two out back.

It's quiet here for a reason and all while the rest of the world is recovering from it's tinselly-hangover of shopping disappointment, relatives battling over who got shafted this year with the worst gift ever.....we'll be happily playing cards and watching Shaun the Sheep.

well.....maybe foghorn leghorn or rocky & bullwinkle.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I'm just happy that ebola™ and ISIS™ get the holidays off or at least their importance wanes while TPTB hock the wares they couldn't $ell throughout the year. They do this under the guise of celebrating Jesus' b'day ergo using Jesus (again/still) ALL the while Jesus would be the first guy saying STOP the insanity!! If Y'all recall this is why J got whacked and it was pinned on the world's first 'Lee Harvey', Judas. Now Thanksgiving lasts until the start of the 3rd quarter of the Lions game (NFL™ hasn't paid taxes since 1966) and it becomes 'Pre-Black Friday' and then folks beat the 'snip' out of each other for crap they can't afford/they don't NEED and then get saddled with more debt! Yeah that is what Jesus wanted..

What would make it more offensive? Maybe if We can $ell perfectly fine, LIVING trees and jam the aforementioned commercial crap under? And then leave them outside on the curb or worse, drop it off of some roadway and let someone else enjoy our holiday.. Folks equating theirSelf with either Jesus (receiver) or Magi (giver)..

namaste

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
a reply to: sn0rch

OK you win??

I am smiling now. see. It is a smile, it just looks like it's not.. but it is a smile..

Xmas, who needs xmas... such a tedious time... I wish it was more like when you visit the deceased. at least you know that someone else doesnt care then because theyre already dead.. xmas.. who needs xmas..

Oo
edit on 17-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888

Cheers mate,

I'll raise a glass with you anytime anywhere. As for my end, my better half is half a world away from me in your corner of the world. I'm stuck here finishing up cancer treatment and feeling like _________________. I'm getting t the point that very little makes me smile anymore except the emails and nightly chats when I can't sleep because mmy Docs took me off all pain meds. Cold turkey pull off 2 pain meds, I can't chew have rouble swallowing and sleep is almst unheard of. # the #&$% holidays...

new topics

top topics

join