It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Beat & Kidnap 12-yo Girl in Front of her Home, Claiming She was a Prostitute

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Cops Beat & Kidnap 12-yo Girl in Front of her Home, Claiming She was a Prostitute

In a blatant disregard of logic and common sense, the court system in Galveston felt these charges were justified and Milburn was actually charged with assault on an officer and tried, twice! After three years and two mistrials, the DA finally dropped her case.

Now a lot of the usual suspects on ATS always seem to find a way to justify police violence against minorities.

After reading this story....I would really like to see how they justify this? Can it be done?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Our country needs to get an eye for an mentality for these kinds of things. I don't know what else would even come close to showing these ass clowns that the people have had enough. It has recently hhappened in China and could be in our future as well.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

It's hard to believe that happened in Texas and didn't degenerate into the gunfight from hell. What is wrong with the police? The Protect and service motto of old is now, abuse, kidnap, rape and kill. In the early days of America, specifically Texas, such rude behavior was meet with a tall tree and a short rope. Maybe that's not a bad idea again?
edit on 7-12-2014 by Nickn3 because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Now a lot of the usual suspects on ATS always seem to find a way to justify police violence against minorities.

Stop making it about race. You're missing the point entirely, and playing right into "their" hands.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

I agree 100%... While i believe racism is alive and thriving in the good ole U. S of A... And that it probably fuels a lot of these incidents in some way... The real problem is not Racist cops. The problem is Police Brutality as a whole against the general population.

The "holier than thou" mentality that, IMO, is rampant in the police force across the country where anyone that is a normal civillian is instantly seen as a "perp" and subsequently treated as one. Guilty until proven innocent.. Police should never be above the law. They are not "special" in anyway... nor do they deserve any special rights. They are civillians, with a badge and a gun. Granted yes- they go through training, and im sure a lot of them mean well and genuinely want to do "good".... a larger percent, IMO, let their power go to their head.

The problem is no White cops beating up Black civillians. The problem is police brutality, and the mentality that they can do whatever they want without any consequences.

Letting everyone get upset over the Black/white issue is just another diversion to distract us from the Police State we are inevitably head into if something doesnt change. All of this race baiting is done to pull at our emotions, so that instead of acting logically... we react emotionally.

I do respect LEO's that are the real heros and understand that it is a dangerous job, that not everyone can do- or do well... and it is a shame that the "good guys" are being tainted by the "pigs"... But it seems especially recently that people are being side tracked by the race issue. They want us to be divided. We are a lot easier to control that way

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Is it just me or is it a helluva Police brutality cases within a relatively short period of time?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
For the sake of sanity and so I can retain some faith in humanity Im going to have to choose to believe this story is anti-establishment BS propaganda.
The alternative is just too sickening to contemplate

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
So they beat her because she was a prostitute?
So that is the punishment now for prostitution? beating them?.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
So they beat her because she was a prostitute?
So that is the punishment now for prostitution? beating them?.

Hey, I'll take a beating any time over being shot.
The feeling I get when I see these stories was expressed quite well in a scene from the movie "Billy Jack." I honestly admire the parents of that young lady for not falling to the level of the aggressors. I'm not sure I would have had that kind of control under those circumstances.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The Father should have come out blasting. Not asking for a explanation. 3 strange men in your front lawn trying to drag your 12 year old daughter into a van?...Yeah, Boom, Boom, Boom. i'll take my chances in front of a Jury.
edit on 7-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

If indeed they were arresting the young girl for prostitution and it wasn't a kidnapping gone wrong would not the right thing to do be . Arrest her clients ,she was 12 .

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

None of the officers were fired.

Officer Sean Stewart was named Galveston “Officer of the year”

lol. The bar is set quite low.

I would imagine for men like these, a child is the preferred victim since an adult might be able to put up much more of a fight. What does that badge do to a person's mind?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff
For the sake of sanity and so I can retain some faith in humanity Im going to have to choose to believe this story is anti-establishment BS propaganda.
The alternative is just too sickening to contemplate

This.

There aren't words......

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What's there to justify? They (the officers) made some piss poor decisions. There's really not a whole lot else to say about it: they done #'d up.

I will say this, though: the article linked in the OP is so slanted it's about to fall over. Other articles written about it state a completely different, and lesser, set of injuries sustained by the girl. And before anybody accuses me of minimizing this, allow me to say this also: other articles also point out that the initial call was for "three female whites" who were suspected of soliciting, and that the person who called 911 had never seen a black woman soliciting in the neighborhood.

And to whomever made the comment about "recent cases," this case is almost ten years old.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What's there to justify? They (the officers) made some piss poor decisions. There's really not a whole lot else to say about it: they done #'d up.

Calling their actions "piss poor decisions" is downplaying it....

...Let's call it what it is, a kidnapping attempt gone wrong. Because, THAT is EXACTLY what happened here. Doesn't take genius to figure that out.

Sickening....

I say, a bullet to the dome of all those involved. F em! Get rid of some of this scum. If these guys don't qualify, I don't know who does!

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Okay well I call it a piss poor decision to arrest somebody they had no reason to arrest.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

They arrested her on another date, not that night.

The "arrest" was a face saving attempt. They were trying to kidnap this girl, plain and simple.

That is not "piss poor decision making", it's violent crime being committed.

....but you go ahead and call it whatever makes you feel better. Some of us know better.

Their story doesn't add up to anything other than excuses.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have to wonder about it being a the kidnap attempt also. If it was going to be a lawful arrest then the parent for a minor child would be involved by the system. Why would the police drag her off and not notify the parent at that time and get the parent to appear at the station.

Pure corruption.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

I can read jakal. From multiple sources, too. If you think the odds are in favor of multiple guys who all happen to be cops being and all happen in to 12 year old girls all being in the same place at the same time in the same car and all think kidnapping a 12 year old girl from in front of her house in the evening hours when her parents are likely to be home, good on you. I don't. I think they got a call about hookers, saw a girl, decided she was a hooker, and decided to try and arrest her.

I feel just fine bruh

edit on 7-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

edit on 7-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: More typos

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I generally try to be fairly objective and it is not often that I speak in absolutes.
This time, I will and I am.

This was an attempted kidnapping, nothing less. Nothing else even comes close to adding up.

.....as you said, pure corruption.

(I'm sickened...I just woke up...I am stepping away before I say things that will see me banned here
)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join