It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans Now A Nation Of Cowards:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Testosterone levels have declined within the average American male by 20% in the last 20 Years. Roughly 1.2% per year. I have been thinking this could be the reason, as it is what gives us balls after all. In fact scientists recently discovered that it was a decline in testosterone levels that resulted in civilization, which in the article I read was attributed to co-operation, but what they pretty much meant was enslavement. Low testosterone levels result in subservience to what is perceived as injustice, something I read in a study online. Which is shown by women, who are much more submissive than men. It also resulted in men avoiding close combat, and thus developing the bow and arrow, and eventually avoiding war altogether, but instead focusing their attention upon science and/or the arts. These groups clashed with other groups, yet triumphed over them as a result of superior technology, and eventually spread far and wide and clashed together over territory. At some point testosterone became so low that the defeated group would try to avoid death by submitting. Thus slavery began. Exploitation is the foundation of civilization...

So the solution? Testosterone replacement therapy for most males. Which is what it would take to put an end to this tyranny now. Like that's gonna happen though with people worrying about their health. Something low T males are well known for. lol ya I do it too. Following are my sources.

www.ourstolenfuture.org...

press.endocrine.org...

www.natureworldnews.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk... a-operation-gave-mankind-art-technology.html

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

There you go, accusing "Americans" as being responsible for what our government does and does not do.

Granted, we elect these bottom feeders and it seems the idea of a politician telling the truth is a lost cause but I guarantee the majority of American's don't agree with what this country is becoming any more then the people living in glass house's throwing the stone's like you.

I doubt where your from is any better.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There's different subcultures in America but as a general rule is say yes.

We don't want to work as hard, all of us are afraid of responsibility, other people's problems are theirs not ours, security over freedom, victim culture among others.

Overall not headed in a good direction.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Are Americans Now A Nation Of Cowards:

Correction: Ignorant cowards.

originally posted by: Battleline

There you go, accusing "Americans" as being responsible for what our government does and does not do.

Granted, we elect these bottom feeders and it seems the idea of a politician telling the truth is a lost cause but I guarantee the majority of American's don't agree with what this country is becoming any more then the people living in glass house's throwing the stone's like you.

I doubt where your from is any better.

I've posted this before, but I think it bears repeating as often as necessary...

The deliberations of the Constitutional Convention of 1787 were held in strict secrecy. Consequently, anxious citizens gathered outside Independence Hall when the proceedings ended in order to learn what had been produced behind closed doors. The answer was provided immediately. A Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got, a republic or a monarchy?” With no hesitation whatsoever, Franklin responded, “A republic, if YOU can keep it.”

Emphasis mine.

It really is up to us, folks.

edit on 12/7/2014 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
in a word yes !

Plus far too many brown coats that will do anything for a few bits of silver including killing members of the public.

People with the balls and the right frame of mind are very rare in the USA thesedays IMO

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Bullcrap! The "Greatest" Generation isn't so. There were more draft dodgers in WWII than in Vietnam. During the American Revolution, not everyone supported succession from the British Empire. Most of what you know about history is wrong. It's not as shiny and nice as they liked to tell you in high school. The fact is, people have always been people. Did you know that we've done many of the things that we think are wrong with society before?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don`t think America is a nation full of cowards, you can`t have an all volunteer military in a nation full of cowards.
I think the American people have become smarter and have learned to pick their battles.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The problem today is that there is an inibility to fight back due to a country divided, people only looking out for number one and plain and simple dumbassedness

Take this site for instance. You all talk a big fight on the internet but none of you actually even know each other. What are the real names of the members you converse with ? You don't have a clue do you. How are you going to make plans with people you don't even know ?
Have ANY of you even thought to ask if others on here want to meet up ? Of course not. And none of you would even dare to because you would be too afraid of what you you might be walking into. Those that don't know what's really going on don't care and those that do know that it's a very dangerous game to plot anything against their own government.
How do you overcome the ignorance and fear ?
How many of you know the people in your own street ? MAYBE you know your immediate neighbours but beyond them, probably not. How do you approach those people and begin to talk dissent ? You can't trust them because you don't know them. They may rat you out.
This is a different world to when the founders would fight tyranny. They did not have the distractions that we have in our lives today. People would gather ALL the time, everyone knew each other and it was easy to TALK and there was power in their numbers. Not so today.
The only way to fight back would be to get to know EVERYONE in your area and ensure they all get to know each other. A breakdown of the social barriers we all face is a great way and may be the ONLY way to amass the numbers needed and to educate those that have no clue as to what is REALLY going on around them and the country and life they will soon face.
Cowards ? yes there are some, but ignorance and paranoia are the main enemies that must first be overcome. Not cowardice.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Coward - a person who lacks courage in facing danger, difficulty, opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

After thinking about this for a bit, I'm not so sure I would describe the average American as a coward. I think most Americans will face overwhelming odds when the cause is clear cut, and there is no gray area in their mind. At the same time, we do fear our government(instead of vice versa), and I think Americans are not only divided, but see the futility in trying to unite enough people to oppose government on a larger scale. And so feel they are left with no way to truly change things.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I don`t think America is a nation full of cowards, you can`t have an all volunteer military in a nation full of cowards.

You don't need to be a hero to use drones or fly jets over the heads of people that have nothing but a few guns to fight back with and the same goes for being inside a tank when the only thing up against you are cars.

Sure, now and then it miight get tough but for the most part the USA only fights when the odds are well in their faviour and it's acting like a bully to secure oil/land/power from other people.

Playing cowboy and indians to wipe out a race didn't make americans look tought and having to go toe to toe whould have most of the military type guys running for mummey

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I love how you sugar coated it. In fact, America was founded on war, slavery, and genocide. We claimed escape from religious persecution and then enslaved and decimated the natives for being 'heathens'. A bunch of slave owners wanted 'freedom'. But yeah, they were brave, I guess.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

But America has always done that... See: Manifest Destiny, Banana Republics

Is securing farm land for white farmers for profits not the same as securing oil for profits? Is securing banana exportation at the expense of the local populace not the same as securing poppy fields in Afghanistan?
edit on 7-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Maybe that's just the natural progression of a nation state with a technological know how and large military.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I would disagree slightly with the premise of the OP.

Our Media has grown fat and lazy.

Our Politicians are the real cowards.

The regular American can and will kick some a$$ when called upon.

Cowards No...Fat, Lazy, spoiled, pampered and comfortable...Yes

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not convinced that the United States is a nation of cowards, as much as I'm fairly certain that we are a nation of coddled, distracted, and controlled imbeciles (not all of us, but a very large percentage).

Eventually (and I know this has been said many times over), something is going to give, and when it does, it's not going to be very pretty.
edit on 12/7/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

THERE are laws against it.Unless YOUR SIDE is stronger then YOU forge history.
THAT would take a REALLY good plan with complex and miltiple redundancies...and a declared national emergency.
edit on 7-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join