It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pastor wants to make supporters of same-sex marriage live in houses with bad plumbing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

originally posted by: Metallicus
I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples.

Can you point out where the OP said ANYTHING about ANYONE other than this ONE person?
edit on 12/6/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples. I suppose there aren't any stupid gay people or liberals. Only Republicans and Conservatives can be hateful, right?

People like you make it so people like me (non-religious) are forced to defend Christians and Conservatives because of your disingenuous attacks on them. I don't WANT to defend them, but frankly, there are too many people like you that need to spin their story of hate the Christians / Tea Partiers.

Ugh.

You are correct this man does not represent the vast majority of Xtians, thankfully. But he does represent a large group of the more extreme fundamentalist xtians in the world. Among them, he would be considered a moderate.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

This is what turns me off from organized religion, that hate and delusions of grandeur. Why so much hate and negativity directed towards others instead of focusing on love and light.

If organized religion believes God made the earth and everyone in his image, and people are born gay...then that's how God made them. Exactly and perfectly what they were meant to be. So why the need to demean other people and constantly bash them over something that has no impact on their lives. How does someone being gay impact this pastor?

I'm with boymonkey, groups that promote hate speech should have their tax exempt status taken away.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Yes, he is an idiot and then you are using him to jump to the conclusion that all (or most?) Christians are evil / bad. You are basically against his bigotry and then displaying your own bigotry against Christians. Congratulations for your perfect example of hypocrisy.

If you think those christians who hate the gays are the bad ones and also a minority, how do you feel about your
god-breathed (Timothy 3:16) holy bible take on gays:

Romans 1:27 And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Timothy 1:10 The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, n accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Kings 14:24 And there were also male cult prostitutes in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations that the Lord drove out before the people of Israel

So the guy you called idiot, for what he said, just follows the word of god.
Why is he the ''bad apple''?

Ps I fail to see the hypocrisy of mine, since I don't have a bigotry, but a plain and justifiable dislike for the christian religion (not christians), that I never tried to hide.
But I don't really mind, I forgive you...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples.:

yup.
supports what i think 100%
and there are far more than a couple bad apples..much much more

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Anyone who spills hatred in the name of god needs to read the bible where it states god wants all to be saved. And p.s., nature exemplifies truth..true truth.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I guess this idiot supports your narrative that religious people are nuts and bad and hate everyone. I get sick of seeing Christians and other people of faith persecuted because of a couple of bad apples. I suppose there aren't any stupid gay people or liberals. Only Republicans and Conservatives can be hateful, right?

People like you make it so people like me (non-religious) are forced to defend Christians and Conservatives because of your disingenuous attacks on them. I don't WANT to defend them, but frankly, there are too many people like you that need to spin their story of hate the Christians / Tea Partiers.

Ugh.

"People like me" what would that be?

Perhaps "people like me" don't like to see groups picked on like gays, children, women etc. or being insulted because of their lifestyle.

Stalk me and post a defensive rebuttal all you want, I welcome it!...and if anyone was trying to pick on you or your freedom of speech; I would attack them as well and defend your right to express yourself anyway you choose. If you don't see it that way....fine!

The Christians have freedom of speech to express their hate; but you want me to shut up?

I know there are bad apples in every group, be they gays, Liberals, conservatives, lesbians, cops, etc. Call it disingenuous all you want but when I see dumbass hypocracy....I'm going to start a thread on it and point it out, whether you like it or not.

If it bothers you so much...go tattle to the mods! I'm sure you already have!

I know you meant "people like you" as an insult....just so you know...I find it a source of pride not to be lumped in with the rest of the sheep.
edit on 6-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Perhaps "people like me" don't like to see groups picked on like gays, children, women etc. or being insulted because of their lifestyle.

People like ME don't like seeing anyone picked on including Christians. Just for the record I support gay rights and most of your agenda, but I don't support your religious bigotry.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm a Christian and I'm neither a Republican or a gay hater. The media only discusses the "bad" ones for a reason.

Yeah, because they're the ones that are hurting our society.

Also, All Christians are sinners.
Sinning is acting directly against the word of your God.
Acting against your God is bad.
Ergo, All Christians are Bad.

It's in the Scriptures.

I have a higher opinion of you than your God does, and I don't even know you.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

REPEATEDLY ,OFTEN and with the same narrative,perhaps check the HISTORY of OLARU's threads?
IN THIS thread?
When it is a campaign the message sticks to the speaker.
edit on 6-12-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: sanitizedinfo

We get it from the other13 threads.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

REPEATEDLY ,OFTEN and with the same narrative,perhaps check the HISTORY of OLARU's threads?
IN THIS thread?
When it is a campaign the message sticks to the speaker.

So how is my "campaign" any different than yours against Obama and Liberals in general?

Your attacks are legitimate while mine are a "campaign"?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

If you think those christians who hate the gays are the bad ones and also a minority, how do you feel about your
god-breathed (Timothy 3:16) holy bible take on gays:

Romans 1:27 And the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Timothy 1:10 The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine, n accordance with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted.

Kings 14:24 And there were also male cult prostitutes in the land. They did according to all the abominations of the nations that the Lord drove out before the people of Israel

I was about to go and get the video of the little boy singing "'Aint No Homo Gonna Make It To Heaven" and the one of the preacher preaching about rounding up all the gays and putting them behind a electrified barbed wire fence, drop some food boxes and let them die out. (As if only homosexual produce homosexuals ?)

But thanks to your excellent post, I didn't have to do that!

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Oh wow, another Christian basher on ATS. Who would have thought? It's like they hunt for these articles simply to reinforce their twisted ideas of hate towards religion.

In every society, in every religion, you will find these nut cases but that individual does not speak out for any one religion. The guy is a jerk...... so what.

If you have a legitimate issue against a religion that is one thing but to those out there looking for attention and ATS stars, why don't you grow up?

How pathetic.........

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Oh wow, another Christian basher on ATS. Who would have thought? It's like they hunt for these articles simply to reinforce their twisted ideas of hate towards religion.

In every society, in every religion, you will find these nut cases but that individual does not speak out for any one religion. The guy is a jerk...... so what.

If you have a legitimate issue against a religion that is one thing but to those out there looking for attention and ATS stars, why don't you grow up?

How pathetic.........

I would say the OP laid out his legitimate issue quite clearly.

My question is, as a Christian, which do you have more of a problem with, your fellow Christians that act like reprehensible jerks, or the people that find issue with the reprehensible jerks and point them out so that everyone can see how horrible they are?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   

IMPOSING your opinion of my faith compared to MY percieved defense of the country from PC ignorace?

You can't touch it with contrary efforts just another dissmissed lefty yelling.
Impotent and peripheral to deeper thought.
I am NOT asking you to join a thing I 'M not telling ANYONE to follow me,since popular culture is offensive to me anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm a Christian and I'm neither a Republican or a gay hater. The media only discusses the "bad" ones for a reason.

Same here, and I've shared wondered why people don't call out these people more often for not actually being Christians. Most of them usually sound like Book of Leviticusians to me.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I don't get it. Why is everyone so furious about the man pointing out that the parts don't fit? He has a point. Is that not the case?

He's speaking to the "unnaturality" of the gay sex act. Things were not designed (or have not evolved, if you prefer) to work that way, obviously. Using plumbing as a trade comparison is a little stupid, but whatever.

You can't make any observations about the gay lifestyle without being instantly labeled as an intolerant homophobic bastard, especially if you're a Christian. Holy s#.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Not entirely true that.

Male G-Spot.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Male G-Spot.

That's your prostate. They made up "male g-spot" to make it sound like something it isn't.

But we digress...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join